Redesigning the MLB Series

raysox

There are other places in baseball to be fancy, but the self-proclaimed Oldest Team In The Bigs shouldn't resort to ephemeral bells and whistles like pseudo-antique lettering or extraneous black.

I agree with you on the black, but Oldest Team in the Bigs? Pshaw. Third oldest, at best. No matter what pretensions the Reds may try to peddle.

The Cubs are the oldest REMAINING team, Braves next oldest (the Braves are the longest continually-playing baseball team). The Cincinnati Red Stockings dissolved in 1870. The Chicago Base Ball Club was established in 1870, but went on a two-year hiatus after the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. Boston Red Stockings (now the Atlanta Braves) were established in 1871.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next concept was in the cards?

That was lame, really lame.

So as I said above, my next concept was for the St. Louis Cardinals. Attention Cardinal fans! I messed with tradition here! One thing I did was take away the Birds on a bat with the script. I also changed the bright yellow, to a more maise colour. I added a yellow outline to everything, to make the logos jump. I added a bird head logo, and I think that's it on the logos.

STL.png

I love the Cardinals current home jersey, but this is a redesign series. I added more red to the jerseys, and yellow on the red. On the away, I put St. Louis on the front. I took away the blue cap, it just didn't look good with the set. The only thing i'm not to certian about, is the Alt cap. Enjoy anyway!

STLjrs.png

I'd like to hear from some Cards fans. Hopefully, they won't hate me too much.

Uh, I think I'm gonna work on my EPL kit redesign tomorrow, so I won't have any new stuff till next week. 3 days taking the FCAT will give me lots of time for sketches.

So C&C, por favor.

I might just start putting all of my previous jerseys on the same template.

You really like outlines don't you?

But I do like the more maisier (I hope that is a word) yellow. I'm not a fan of dropping a lot of the blue. Namely the blue road hat. I'd like to see more blue in this. The cardinal head logo looks really nice, and the alternate uniform is pretty sharp. Overall this is a good concept. I'd give it a B.

There are other places in baseball to be fancy, but the self-proclaimed Oldest Team In The Bigs shouldn't resort to ephemeral bells and whistles like pseudo-antique lettering or extraneous black.

I agree with you on the black, but Oldest Team in the Bigs? Pshaw. Third oldest, at best. No matter what pretensions the Reds may try to peddle.

Self-proclaimed. I know they're wrong.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You dropped one of the coolest things from the Cardinals' identity (the birds on the bats), and added unnecessary elements like an excess of outlines. Nice effort, but I don't think this is an improvement.

Next concept was in the cards?

That was lame, really lame.

So as I said above, my next concept was for the St. Louis Cardinals. Attention Cardinal fans! I messed with tradition here! One thing I did was take away the Birds on a bat with the script. I also changed the bright yellow, to a more maise colour. I added a yellow outline to everything, to make the logos jump. I added a bird head logo, and I think that's it on the logos.

STL.png

I love the Cardinals current home jersey, but this is a redesign series. I added more red to the jerseys, and yellow on the red. On the away, I put St. Louis on the front. I took away the blue cap, it just didn't look good with the set. The only thing i'm not to certian about, is the Alt cap. Enjoy anyway!

STLjrs.png

I'd like to hear from some Cards fans. Hopefully, they won't hate me too much.

Uh, I think I'm gonna work on my EPL kit redesign tomorrow, so I won't have any new stuff till next week. 3 days taking the FCAT will give me lots of time for sketches.

So C&C, por favor.

I might just start putting all of my previous jerseys on the same template.

Our colors are Red and Navy blue. Yellow is, as ColorWerx used the NFL uniforms thread, technically an official color, but considered and accent color. It's like the flesh tones of the Vikings and black of the Chiefs. It's just used in a couple spots, but that's it.

And you can never, ever, ever, ever, EVER drop the birds on the bat. The last time they did, for the 1956 season, there was such a backlash from fans that they fired the guy who made the decision and returned the birds on the bat the very next year.

Don't F***... with the birds on the bat.

( :D )

And you can never, ever, ever, ever, EVER drop the birds on the bat. The last time they did, for the 1956 season, there was such a backlash from fans that they fired the guy who made the decision and returned the birds on the bat the very next year.

Don't F***... with the birds on the bat.

( :D )

Amen, Brother!

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

As a Cardinal fan, I actually really like these. What's the point of doing a re-design series if you're not going to change things up a bit? I really like the use of a lot of yellow, as well as the alt uniform and the new bird head logo. My only gripe is the lack of blue on the uniforms. But great job nonetheless, very original.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

As a Cardinal fan, I actually really like these. What's the point of doing a re-design series if you're not going to change things up a bit? I really like the use of a lot of yellow, as well as the alt uniform and the new bird head logo. My only gripe is the lack of blue on the uniforms. But great job nonetheless, very original.

I actually wish they used more yellow, this is a really good concept.

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely like the use of yellow in the St Louis concept. I don't really see what navy blue has to do with a cardinal to begin with, aside from making them look too much like half the other teams in the MLB.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Woohoo! 2/3rds done.

This is my concept for the Pirates. For this, I limited the use of red, like how most fans would like it to be. The main logo was the Pirate prototype logo that risio posted. The cap logo is the same. Tertiary was inspired by the Bucs ship logo. I've had the idea for that logo for a while. Enjoy the logo set!

PIT.png

For the jerseys, I made it look like the current home and away. The alt, I put the Pirates script, instead of the P. For the home and road caps, I used the BP cap logo, yellow P with a white outline, and a yellow bill. Then for the alternate, I made it look like the pillbox hat, everyone's favorite.

PITJ.png

I have 6 teams with logos either done, or started. Tomorrow will be the Angels, I just need to put numbers, and names on the jerseys, and then I'm done. My WBC redesign for the USA will be posted also tomorrow. Stay tuned.

C&C please. Oh, and I'll post the birds on bats Cardinal logo if I have time.

Lastly, does anyone watch East Bound and Down? It's a great show.

Woohoo! 2/3rds done.

This is my concept for the Pirates. For this, I limited the use of red, like how most fans would like it to be. The main logo was the Pirate prototype logo that risio posted. The cap logo is the same. Tertiary was inspired by the Bucs ship logo. I've had the idea for that logo for a while. Enjoy the logo set!

PIT.png

For the jerseys, I made it look like the current home and away. The alt, I put the Pirates script, instead of the P. For the home and road caps, I used the BP cap logo, yellow P with a white outline, and a yellow bill. Then for the alternate, I made it look like the pillbox hat, everyone's favorite.

PITJ.png

I have 6 teams with logos either done, or started. Tomorrow will be the Angels, I just need to put numbers, and names on the jerseys, and then I'm done. My WBC redesign for the USA will be posted also tomorrow. Stay tuned.

C&C please. Oh, and I'll post the birds on bats Cardinal logo if I have time.

Lastly, does anyone watch East Bound and Down? It's a great show.

As a long time Bucco fan, I'm kinda conflicted about this. First, I'm not sure how I like the Primary logo. Second, the yellow bill doesn't really work well. Third, if you're gonna do the pillbox hat, do it in the Familee style, black with gold stripes.

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

Self-proclaimed. I know they're wrong.

Figured you did, but it has to be pointed out continuously, lest they get to re-write history.

Next concept was for the Halos

I brought back some past eras. I added periwinkle, and used the logo from when they were the Anaheim Angels, which I still call them when I'm not thinking. With this logo, I made the outline periwinkle, made the grey part white, and added a white outline around the A at the top, inside the halo, to keep it consistent. I made the logo 2D, instead of 3D, so that it would go with the script logo. I also added wings to my logo, since they're the Angels.

ANA-1.png

For the jerseys, I made the home, and away vests. I added a periwinkle outline to the numbers, to match the script.

LAAjrs.png

So that's my Redesign for the day. Depending on my will to do homework, I'll do my WBC concept for the US.

Tomorrow, I can probably finish the A's. Then Dodgers. Stay tuned.

And Spam...

I chose that pillbox, because I was originally going to do a black jersey. Historically, the black Pirate jerseys during the pillbox era, had yellow caps.

Archived