Redesigning the MLB Series

raysox

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This looks pretty good. I like the powder blue, but I think it is on the edge of being too excessive. You certainly do like the cityscape logos.

ahahah I only have done 2 so far, and the only other one I was planning to do was for the White Sox

Any more C&C on this?

I have a logo for the Nationals done, I might work on them

Hey guys. I have my redesign for the Nationals. I wanted a classic design to go with a city with has history. Washington had a baseball team from 1901 to 1971, until the team moved to Minnesota. I wanted to use logos from the past. So I had lots to chose from. For the primary, I used this logo used from '36-'47. Then one of the more iconic of logos, Mr. Senator. I put 16 stars around him, because of the number of teams in the National League. I updated each logo with the new teams colours. I left the W cap logo, and added a DC cap logo. I wanted a cursive font. I couldn't recreate a decent script. I asked Speedy if I could use the scripts he created. Enjoy!

WSH.png

Now on to the jerseys. I didn't change much. I changed the numbers, and the alternate cap.

jrs-1.png

That pretty much wraps it all up for this concept. C&C please on this, and my Blue Jays concept.

• 1 month later...
This looks pretty good. I like the powder blue, but I think it is on the edge of being too excessive. You certainly do like the cityscape logos.

ahahah I only have done 2 so far, and the only other one I was planning to do was for the White Sox

It's here!

I finally finished my White Sox redesign. I came across the Chicago Bandits logo, and I thought I could use it on a White Sox logo. I only used it as a reference, since I couldn't find a picture with a skyline like that.(Is the skyline wrong? I just downloaded google earth, looked up Chicago, and don't see buildings like that near the John Hancock building.) My only grief is that it seems too generic, and you wouldn't know it was a White Sox logo. I tried to place the cap logo in it, but it seemed forced. I tried to make a White Sox cursive script logo, but it turned out pretty bad. The cap logo is the same. The tertiary is an updated version of this. Enjoy.

logos-2.png

The jerseys are the same for the most part. I added an outline to the numbers, and put white piping on the alternate jersey(currently black).

jerseys.png

I'd like some comments please. Next will most probably the Orioles, or Braves.

Stay tuned

The White Sox didn't need too many changes and I like the changes you made. They improve on what they have without changing them too much. The primary logo would be better as an alternate logo and the SOX logo as the primary.

It's pretty good. Not sure about the AL logo on the sleeves. I get the intent, charter team, but the red and blue clashes with the silver and black. The piping doesn't work on the black, though. Too softball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's here!

I finally finished my White Sox redesign. I came across this logo, and I thought I could use it on a White Sox logo. I only used it as a reference, since I couldn't find a picture with a skyline like that.(Is the skyline wrong? I just downloaded google earth, looked up Chicago, and don't see buildings like that near the John Hancock building.) My only grief is that it seems too generic, and you wouldn't know it was a White Sox logo. I tried to place the cap logo in it, but it seemed forced. I tried to make a White Sox cursive script logo, but it turned out pretty bad. The cap logo is the same. The tertiary is an updated version of this. Enjoy.

logos-2.png

The jerseys are the same for the most part. I added an outline to the numbers, and put white piping on the alternate jersey(currently black).

jerseys.png

I'd like some comments please. Next will most probably the Orioles, or Braves.

Stay tuned

The only changes I see to the uniforms are:

1. The number font (Downgrade)

2. Piping on the alt. (Upgrade)

3. American League sleeve patch - not really necessary (Nograde/Even)

All-in-all, the number font change is the most overall change to the whole set, aswear, the piping change only applies to the alt, and therefore I'm gonna have to say downgrade. Although the piping on the roads replacing the white and black thick trim is a good switch.

Sorry, but the primary logo, though appealing, is not an improvement over the simple "Sox" logo. Especially since the ball only goes basically straight in the air and then stops. Try making it go behind the skyline and come out to the side of the Sears Tower.

Just thinking out loud here while we're on the topic of the Saaaahhx: am I the only one who doesn't think the Chicago script fits that package at all? Though I suppose the whole package is pretty disparate: the SOX monogram is Old English, the official team wordmarks are updates of the Eurostile-esque SOX scripts from the '70s and '80s, the NOBs and numbers are standard baseball block, and the Chicago script is cursive. Now this debuted in 1990, which is right before a cohesive identity became kind of the standard, so it's not like they simply cannot get away with such mismatching. But coming up with a White Sox package that's somewhat unified would be an interesting challenge for someone to take on, and given the uniqueness of the Old English SOX, maybe too daunting to do. But it's something I'd like to see.

I like this overall. The changes are subtle but work well. I'm not sure about the AL patch on the sleeve. The red/blue does clash with the black/silver, but i can also see the Chicago connection to it since the Cubs do the NL patch, so that could be a Chi-Town style thing.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

The White Sox set looks pretty good, I would like to see the Twins beat them wearing that. :P

Can I quick go back to the Nationals set? The primary color on the road jerseys should be navy, not red. What they have now is primarily red at home and navy on the road. It would be interesting to keep it like that.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The White Sox set looks pretty good, I would like to see the Twins beat them wearing that. :P

Can I quick go back to the Nationals set? The primary color on the road jerseys should be navy, not red. What they have now is primarily red at home and navy on the road. It would be interesting to keep it like that.

Actually their new roads are primarily red, except it looks like they'll still wear the navy cap. Not a good match. Though I agree that they SHOULD be predominantly navy on the road. Hell, I'd like to see them mainly navy all-around, home AND road.

Hey guys. I have my redesign for the Nationals. I wanted a classic design to go with a city with has history. Washington had a baseball team from 1901 to 1971, until the team moved to Minnesota. I wanted to use logos from the past. So I had lots to chose from. For the primary, I used this logo used from '36-'47. Then one of the more iconic of logos, Mr. Senator. I put 16 stars around him, because of the number of teams in the National League. I updated each logo with the new teams colours. I left the W cap logo, and added a DC cap logo. I wanted a cursive font. I couldn't recreate a decent script. I asked Speedy if I could use the scripts he created. Enjoy!

WSH.png

Now on to the jerseys. I didn't change much. I changed the numbers, and the alternate cap.

jrs-1.png

That pretty much wraps it all up for this concept. C&C please on this, and my Blue Jays concept.

Know what a Nationals concept needs? (Not "more cowbell.")

Alternating red and navy blue pinstripes.

Packers-2.png

Hey, I have my concepts for the Brewers. I like the current set, but personally I think the Bavarian type logos are the best, because it relates to the city of Milwaukee. So I recoloured the Bavarian logos, with the new colours, and I must say, it looks A LOT better. But since everyone LOVES the glove logo, I included it. So here it is.

MIL.png

I think the Cap logo looks better in those colours. So as I always do, I have the jerseys.

MILjrs.png

I really like the whole set. But did you think I'd do a brewers concept, that didn't include the old retro jersey?, not a chance.

Retrojrs.png

So thats it for today. I updated the Twins set, stay tunned

C&C please

also,

dear Brewers.

PLEASE resign CC, I don't want to see him in pinstripes

I preferred the first version of these with the green along with the navy and gold.

A thought:

Dark beer is not navy blue, it's black.

And Milwaukee is known as the "Cream City."

So ... what about replacing the navy blue with black, and going with cream-colored home unis?

Packers-2.png

The cream thing is an affectation that I can only tolerate from the Giants. White gets the job done just fine.

As for dark beer, isn't Miller's fare usually quite a bit lighter than Guinness's? While I usually love local flair in design ('97-'04 Utah Jazz, various Supersonics), I find the extended beer metaphors are too fancy. Just dress 'em up like a baseball team, pretense-free. Being free of pretense might just be the local flair.

Hey guys, I finished my Orioles concept. My basis on this was bringing back some logos(like most of my others have been).

I brought back the swinging bird, and bird head logo. I updated them ever so slightly. I kept the O's logo the same, and kept the quaternary the same.(love that logo). Enjoy.

BAL2.png

Now on to the jerseys. I dropped the front numbers, and added a second colour on the sleeves. I also chose orange and went with a retro look.

Jersey-1.png

So C&C please. Don't know who's next, stay tuned.

Archived