Redesigning the MLB Series

raysox

no raysox, teal is the identity of the marlins. they have won 2 titles with it. dont dump it for that orange update. while i welcome an attempt to bring some orange into the logo, dont get rid of the teal altogether

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no raysox, teal is the identity of the marlins. they have won 2 titles with it. dont dump it for that orange update. while i welcome an attempt to bring some orange into the logo, dont get rid of the teal altogether

Um there is more teal in his concept than they use now, and orange is only used on the seams of the baseball. If you are refering to the "new" cap logo, he was making fun of patsox because he made that logo.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

The problem with the Braves set is that the tomahawk in the A totally obscures the T and L in "Atlanta." Also, the problem with a Georgia logo for the Braves is that they're not just a Georgia team, they're a Southeastern U.S. team. You could represent that with a logo that would look a lot like the old Plains-covering logo of the Kansas City Chiefs.

I like that you made a Miami script, but I still hate the existing Marlins package. For a team based in a sweltering grotto of fun like Miami, the Marlins' visual identity is lifeless, sterile, and depressing, though these happen to be the same adjectives used to describe the Florida Marlins organization itself.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Um there is more teal in his concept than they use now, and orange is only used on the seams of the baseball. If you are refering to the "new" cap logo, he was making fun of patsox because he made that logo.

oh alright, and yes i was referring to the new update...

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Alright, after a week off from concepts, I'll get back into these this week. So just a review the teams I'm redoing include

• Rays
  • Red Sox
  • Indians
  • Dodgers
  • Braves
  • Padres maybe?
  • Logos for Cards, and Mets

I also want to include this type of jersey

1484521319_dffe4ae69c_o.jpg04.jpg

Maybe Indians? That's what I'm thinking.

So comments on any of them above to consider on my redos?

Something tells me a headfirst slide with a zipper-fronted jersey would really suck.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Done (30/30)

Arizona Diamondbacks: Logos, Jerseys

Atlanta Braves: Logos, Jerseys

Baltimore Orioles: Logos, Jerseys

Boston Red Sox: Logos, Jerseys

Chicago White Sox: Logos, Jerseys

Chicago Cubs: Logos, Jerseys

Cincinnati Reds: Logos, Jerseys

Cleveland Indians: Logos, Jerseys

Colorado Rockies: Logos, Jerseys

Detroit Tigers: Logos, Jerseys

Houston Astros: Logos,

Jerseys

Kansas City Royals: Logos, Jerseys

Los Angeles Angels: Logos, Jerseys

Los Angeles Dodgers: Logos, Jerseys

Miami Marlins: Logos, Jerseys

Milwaukee Brewers: Logos, Jerseys, Special

Minnesota Twins: Logos, Jerseys

New York Mets: Logos, Jerseys

New York Yankees: Logos, Jerseys, Special

Philadelphia Phillies: Logos, Jerseys

Oakland A's: Logos, JerseysPittsburgh Pirates: Logos, Jerseys

San Diego Padres: Logos, Jerseys

San Francisco Giants: Logos, Jerseys

Seattle Mariners: Logos, Jerseys

St. Louis Cardinals: Logos, Jerseys

Tampa Bay Rays: Logos, Jerseys, Special

Texas Rangers: Logos, Jerseys

Toronto Blue Jays: Logos, Jerseys

Washington Nationals: Logos, Jerseys

You are missing the Pirates.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Done (30/30)

Jerseys

Check again champ.

Done (30/30)

Jerseys

Check again champ.

you sneaky bastard

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Redos!

So to start off the redos, I updated my Cleveland package. I went all out with this one, I sketched up the new logos, and made new scripts. I based them off my last set(Feather I logos). I sent the feather to the middle like how elliot said I should. I made a similar Cleveland script to my Indians one. I brought back Chief Wahoo to please most people who commented. The only thing I change on him, was adding a silver outline to match the rest of the set.

CLEl.png

On the jerseys, I made them like the zip up jerseys above. I actually really like how they turned out, especially the alt.

CLEjrs.png

So comments on the Tribe.

I'm half way done with Boston, and need a primary for the Rays.

Stay tuned.

The wordmarks seem to get too small in the middle of them, maybe try less arching on the bottom of them (this seems to be more on the away workmark). This could be a problem if you want the feather to be a focal point for the home wordmark. Also, the "ND" side of Cleveland seems to be off balanced compared to the "CL" side. If you want them to look like the zip-ups, thicken the piping a little more and remove the sleeve patch. The sleeve patch would only make the sleeves more clumped (for lack of a better word). Finally, I would say to use the chief on the home and away hats and the C-feather on the alternate.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

like ckraider22 said, the hats should be switched and the road script needs some work. one thing I noticed, is that primary logos should have some wording on them, something different than a simple cap logo. this current primary is too plain and you should think about adding "Cleveland" or "Indians" around it somehow. and also, look at the feather on Chief's head. are the blue detail lines that represent indents in the feather supposed to be asymmetrical? they do not match up. maybe thats done purposely, but you might wanna check it out...

Something tells me a headfirst slide with a zipper-fronted jersey would really suck.

Something tells me you're wrong - teams used them for decades without any of the issues you're hinting at.

The headfirst slide was pioneered by Rickey Henderson in the 1980's. Before then, it was used exceedingly rarely, because it was considered foolish and risky to risk breaking your fingers on the base or your face on the shortstop's cleats. I'm fairly sure, but not certain, that the Oakland A's were into pullover uniforms by the time Henderson came around.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'll get back to Cleveland in a few days.

Kay now, because of last season, this next team has become my most hated team EVAR!

So this year, the BoSox changed some of their logos. I brought back the design from last year. I originally planned to be original, and have the spoked Boston instead of the block one, but they apparently have that logo made already. So I kept the logos the same, since one of my ideas didn't work out...

logos.png

But I posted it anyway, so...

I made the Boston script blue, like the away script currently.

BOS2.png

Remember, this is an update to my green logo set ^_^ .

Jerseys... Kept them the same basically. Added sleeve piping, red outline to the away lettering, and got rid of the blue jersey.

jrs-1.png

No real ideas for other redos now, I'll get back to doing these once I do.

Good job with the Red Sox updates there. Certainly they are a team where tradition is important. I wonder if a blue alternate with the retro red sock logo would work?

I am still not convinced by the feather/i in the Indians set, but it works a bit better in the middle of the Indians wordmark rather than at the end. Not sure I like the curving of the wordmarks on the Indians set, but its a neat idea that could be used somewhere I am sure. And I am not sure how succesful the CI cap logo is either?

But I do like the persistence and the originality in the Indians set. And the retro feel alternate works well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Something tells me you're wrong - teams used them for decades without any of the issues you're hinting at.

The headfirst slide was pioneered by Rickey Henderson in the 1980's. Before then, it was used exceedingly rarely, because it was considered foolish and risky to risk breaking your fingers on the base or your face on the shortstop's cleats. I'm fairly sure, but not certain, that the Oakland A's were into pullover uniforms by the time Henderson came around.

Actually, Pete Rose was famous for his headfirst slides long before Ricky came on to the scene.

Admittedly he didn't wear a zipper jersey in Cincy, but he did for his five seasons in Philly.

And they're actually the team of which I was thinking - the Phillies wore zippers until 1988, and I'm not aware of their players suffering an abnormal amout of injuries caused by their jerseys.

Archived