Redesigning the MLB Series

raysox

The diamond is symmetrical. glare.gif

My bad, but I think you're better off without the diamond regardless. The way the script and ball are off center makes it look like it's asymmetrical to me.

Because the scripts being shrunk down to fit on the uniform.

That's a terrible excuse. I resize scripts all the time and they never look like that. :lol::wacko:

Oh, this is too easy...

resist.. the... urge.....

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow these are great. i like that you reverted back to old logos for many of the teams, like the padres or blue jays. great job, could you tell me how you made them?

i could sit here for hours critiquing each one, so i will only do my team, the brewers. it was one of the few i wasnt so sure about. it went back to that old 90s logo that i think is the worst in franchise history. i would like to have seen more of a nod to the 80s unis, but thats just me...

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Alright sports fans, time the 27th installment in this little series of mine. It's for the Indians, and I hope you like.

One MAJOR thing I did, was taking out the smiling Indian logo. Though I don't think it is, a lot of people think it's not PC, so I just dropped it completely. I sketched up the script in my English class in like December, I just never got it right. I decided to take a picture of it on my sketch pad, and make it one paint. It worked. The cap logo I made, was also drawn in December. The logo is meant to be a CI for the team's initials, obviously. On the main logo, i just threw some things together.

CLE.png

For the jerseys, I used my script on the home, and alt, and a clock Cleveland script ont the road. The alt got red piping. I also kept the same hat.

Also, why didn't anyone tell me that I could arch letters on word!?!?

CLEj.png

So the last 3 remaining wont be very much longer. Maybe like 2 weeks? Comments, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

On the main logo, i just threw some things together.

Not something that I really want to hear. I would rather hear that you really thought about it.

But I think that is the only negative thing. You have some work to do but you have an EXCELLENT idea here. Really, I mean that. The feather as an "I" is cool. And the CI cap logo, I like that. Now on to what I would change. It's a lot, but keep in mind most is minor stuff and you really have a solid start.

-Remove the straight line (white in the primary) from the feather. It would make it look like the rest of the script. More continuity.

-Make the second I in Indians the feather. That would look good.

-Arch the Cleveland script like you arched the Indians script.

-Bring back Chief Wahoo. It would function perfectly as the sleeve patch logo and would be fine for an alternate cap.

-Finally...maybe rethink the primary. I don't have any suggestions on what to do, but just go in a different direction, because I'm not a big fan of this one. Too many feathers to start...I don't know what to say, it just doesn't look well thought out to me.

Overall, I like what you did here, just maybe play around with the things I said.

Hey guys. Instead of finishing a team I already started, I decided to start on a new team, which I finished, which you will see now. It's for the Tigers. Today I saw a kid wearing a Tigers shirt with that stupid looking tiger on it, you know the one. I thought "It'd be cool it they updated that, or put the updated tiger head inside." Well what do you think I did with this concept. I updated the retro logo. I added an outline around the old D logo. I also made the tiger head a tertiary logo. Lastly, I kept the same script.

DET.png

I actually really like the current jersey set, I originally wanted to change it some, but I kept the basic design the same. I added outlines on the D logo, names, and numbers. The white D/orange outline/navy hat didn't look as good as the ones below, so I dropped it(sorry Tiger fans!).

DETJ.png

Knowing me, I have no idea who'll be next.

Comment please.

Sorry don't like it, the primary is close to one that's already been done and if you could look it up you will see what should be right with it. Looks like all you did was put the Ol' English D and make it orange and the Away and home looks the same except you outlined it in orange. Sorry just not a fan. You did a great job, just think you can use a little better execution with this one. The project looks great btw

I think the primary for the Indians concept is WAY too simple. Other than the feathers there really isn't anything unique about it. Speaking of feathers, although a good idea, I'm not a fan of the feather being an I in the wordmark. I feel like I'm missing the beautiful wordmark they use now. One more thing: for the secondary try making the top of the feather come out on top of the C.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I like the script, but IMO it is a downgrade because I love their current script. I'm not a huge fan of Cheif Wahoo, but he is the face of the Indians, so you have to keep him. The cap logo is great though, and I like how you went into a retro look like their alternates rather than going into a modern look.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Alright sports fans, time the 27th installment in this little series of mine. It's for the Indians, and I hope you like.

One MAJOR thing I did, was taking out the smiling Indian logo. Though I don't think it is, a lot of people think it's not PC, so I just dropped it completely. I sketched up the script in my English class in like December, I just never got it right. I decided to take a picture of it on my sketch pad, and make it one paint. It worked. The cap logo I made, was also drawn in December. The logo is meant to be a CI for the team's initials, obviously. On the main logo, i just threw some things together.

CLE.png

For the jerseys, I used my script on the home, and alt, and a clock Cleveland script ont the road. The alt got red piping. I also kept the same hat.

Also, why didn't anyone tell me that I could arch letters on word!?!?

CLEj.png

So the last 3 remaining wont be very much longer. Maybe like 2 weeks? Comments, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

I don't care how good it is. I refuse to recignize an Indians logo that does not use Chief Wahoo.

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

i would just like to know, how do you make your logos? do you have a template or something? do you design them on the computer or on paper? i just want to know for when I begin my own redesign.

Thanks raysox, keep up the good work!

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

i don't really like this concept. that said, it isn't BAD, it's just that it needs Chief Wahoo. He is the identity of the Indians. But anyway, I actually like the script and think the feather I is creative. The cap/sleeve patch need some work though.

Washington Nationals: Logos, Jerseys

I was looking over your stuff. I like the use of the powder blue uniform I saw for Toronto. As I get older I find myself wanting some team to go back to powder blue road uniforms. The one thing that looked odd to me however was the Nationals road and alternate uniforms. The hats were blue and the belts and socks were red. To me it just sets the uniform off. I think it looks better when the hat belt and socks are the same color. But again it's a concept, and yours.

There are other places in baseball to be fancy, but the self-proclaimed Oldest Team In The Bigs shouldn't resort to ephemeral bells and whistles like pseudo-antique lettering or extraneous black.

I agree with you on the black, but Oldest Team in the Bigs? Pshaw. Third oldest, at best. No matter what pretensions the Reds may try to peddle.

Self-proclaimed. I know they're wrong.

Figured you did, but it has to be pointed out continuously, lest they get to re-write history.

Yeah the Reds don't like mentioning that the original Red Stockings left town and landed in Boston, where they became the original Boston Red Sox.

Some good work here Raysox, and some pretty awful work as well. The Indians comes into the awful grouping IMO. The feather I could easily look like a ear of corn when looked at quickly, certainly isn't clearly enough either a feather or an I. I wonder if one or two of the 'bad' pieces of work aren't good ideas badly rendered. (The feather as I thing has potential as an idea for instance!)

The Cardinals is way to drastic a move away from what they have, nearing in mind they are one of MLB's most historic teams.

I did like a nod to the Pirates teams of the 70s with the yellow stripey hat in the alternate, and the Angels set is pretty good as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I have an update here

I know the Sox fans don't like it, but i kept the green. I only made less of it.

BOST-1.png

just trying to work out what would work

also some of you have been requesting some teams. Heres a list of teams, that I have a logo(s) for...

On the computer, though not ready to post

Cardinals

Pirates

Tigers

A's

Yankees

and sketches for...

Mets

and i've updated the rays jersey with white pants

Sorry to pile on, but the Red Sox concept is an example of a neat idea, that just doesn't work in the end. (Noticed the uniforms aren't up anymore mind, is that a sign of a redsign of the redesign?)

Firstly, They are the Red Sox. So any change of coloring is going to take away from that. Secondly the Green in the Boston identity is to do with the Irish migration obviously. Ireland's colors are red and orange, not red and green, so what you end up with is a mish mash of an idea that doesn't fit together.

My own view of the whole concept is that unlike the Celtics, the Red Sox don't owe there original heritage to the irish migrants, so I wouldn't bother with any green at all [indeed many Irish migrants originally went to cheaper Braves games, though when the Sox started winning they switched!]. Have a green St Pats shirt by all means, but there is a lot more to Boston than Irish so don't go thinking everything Boston team has to center around the Celtic population.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• 2 weeks later...

Now for your AL Central leaders...

The Kansas City Royals!

They're tied with the Tigers, and Sox btw. With this, I wanted to bring back powder blue as a secondary colour(behind, well, royal blue), and get rid of black. I updated the main logo. I made it round on the bottom, instead of a point. The drop shadow on the KC's I changed to powder. I added a powder shadow to the script also. The tertiary is a recoloured logo that the team uses now. I was going to make a lion, but it never turned out good.

KC.png

Woo jerseys.

• I added a 3 colour piping to all of them.
  • I added a shadow on the Kansas City script.
  • I took away the front numbers.
  • Added 2 alternates, Royal, and powder blue.

KCj1.png

KCj2.png

Braves, and Marlins are the last 2. Then I want to re try...

Red Sox, Dodgers, Rays, Indians, and Padres.

Also add logos to the Cards, and Mets

Comments!

nice! this project is turning out really well. as for the royals, how about using the cap with the powder blue brim for the powder blue alt as well? i think that would work. i am not a big fan of the rounded royals logo, but it is not bad. i was looking forward to seeing your lion logo, but oh well ideas dont always come out the way you want them to on the computer... btw the powder blue alt is excellent, the hat might make it better

keep up the good work!

Archived