NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

Update, nuggets alt

Brightened up the wordmark and numbers, made the mountain on the side less curvy, and tried to fix the squished look on the side view of the shorts.

NuggetsAlt2.gif

OKC update will probably be up today on the photobucket, and more alts are coming. Stay tuned.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The mountains still do not look right. Why is the middle mountain crooked?

It isn't, it's just the way you have to put it on the side view of the shorts, to keep the perspective right.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the perspective would be fine if you made it straight.

Even if I am wrong, I think it would help your presentation if you made it straight.

The mountains still do not look right. Why is the middle mountain crooked?

It isn't, it's just the way you have to put it on the side view of the shorts, to keep the perspective right.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the perspective would be fine if you made it straight.

Even if I am wrong, I think it would help your presentation if you made it straight.

If you look at every other one of my concepts, the side panel on the shorts curves or is angled with the edge of the shorts. For example, if the side panel was straight on the shorts and I kept is straight on this view, it would be in line with the jersey panel, but it wouldn't look right at all on the shorts. I'm not gonna change that here.

Great job on the Cavs. In fact I wouldn't mind them wearing that as their primary. I have to agree though that something does look wrong with the mountain peek on the Nugget jersey and I think it would look just fine if you did it straight up.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Side panel mountains are a GREAT idea if done subtly. Kinda keeping the tradition of strange uniforms alive for Denver, but in a different way (no skyline or rainbows). As for the Cavs, that's just about perfect. I can't say I'd change too much of what they have now, but you've used that basic idea and made it stand out more.

These are the final 3 alts I will be doing. I am moving on to my next project, which is going well and might be up today or tomorrow.

Pacers: This would make 3 yellow jerseys in my redesigned league, I can't say I am a huge fan of yellow jerseys for basketball but I like them for the Pacers and Lakers. Here, I tried to somewhat mimic the home and aways I made, I kept the striping higher up on the tops, and didn't connect with the shorts. Also I removed the pinstripes, and changed logo placement. You will notice that these 3 alternates use team nicknames, simply because I used city names for the previous 3 alts, and I wanted to balance it out.

Pacers2009Alt.gif

Wizards: Yeah, this one gets sorta crazy. All of you know about the gold alternate that they currently wear, with different color shorts and jerseys. Well, I went for that look, I just wanted to refine it so it flows better. I used the same sort of half-striping that I went with for home and aways, but pants are different, and I added in the stars that the infamous alternates go with. I feel that it works for a DC team. They are also featured on the collar striping, another element I took from the current alts and attempted to improve. I tried to make it flow overall, instead of having just a jersey and random black pants, like they use now.

WashingtonWizardsAlt.gif

Kings: This one is black, the wordmark I took from the primary logo, I think they have used it in the past, I'm not positive, it's just trying to change things up. I took away outlines from the wordmark and numbers, I don't know why, looking back, I may add a gold outline, but not a double outline, probably. But the white numerals do stand out against the very dark jersey, I guess that's actually why I did it. Hopefully you see what I was trying to do with the side striping, it's sorta like a puzzle piece that hasn't been connected yet, if that makes any sense.

SacKingsAlt2.gif

So I'm done. Look for the start of a new series today or in the next couple of days. I've enjoyed the series, hopefully you have to, and thanks to every single person who commented, and thanks especially to people like bohob, eRay, chesnutz, BJB and a few others who commented a lot, often very helpfully. Thanks again guys.

First I want to congratulate you on finishing the whole series. I think thats a huge accomplishment. And second, I think every jersey in this redesign is very good and well thought out and that every one would fit in perfectly to the NBA. Great job.

g4104.png

Awesome job on that Kings alt. I love the side panels and that is one jersey I'd love to see on an action template. I immediately saw how that fits together I bet it would be nice on the court. Well done.

One nit picky thing though, I'd move the team names up a little on these last three, especially the Kings and Wiz. There seems to be a lot of blank space between the wordmark and the bottom of the neckline.

Archived