NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update #2:

I have decided to go with the new font. I looked into the graphite/silver/gold scheme, but I didn't like the way the gold looked next to the graphite, it popped a lot more with black, so I kept graphite to the highlights. I completely changed the cloud (listening to AAO), hopefully it looks less cartoony, and the highlights overall look better. The fist is redone again, this time according to the image that rockngoalie posted. The fist is also bigger in proportion to the rest of the logo,

ThunderLogo4.gif

Update #2:

I have decided to go with the new font. I looked into the graphite/silver/gold scheme, but I didn't like the way the gold looked next to the graphite, it popped a lot more with black, so I kept graphite to the highlights. I completely changed the cloud (listening to AAO), hopefully it looks less cartoony, and the highlights overall look better. The fist is redone again, this time according to the image that rockngoalie posted. The fist is also bigger in proportion to the rest of the logo,

ThunderLogo4.gif

Wow, that looks phenominal!!!!

The fist is 10000 times better, but the line coming from the thumb makes it look like a doll's hand.

The new colors really make the logo pop, and I do think they look better. It is great to see how much you have done to make this logo better, and your work has certainly paid off.

Can't wait for the unis.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Version 2 is MUCH better. This is something I can almost see being used. The colors really work much better and they eliminate the Buffalo stampede/weather ambiguity. Like BJ said, the fist is a lot better too. Good job. I think you are ready to move on to the uniforms.

I love it. The colors are excellent, and I'd like to see the other two logos with these colors. One suggestion, though. If you made the fist a good bit bigger, and shortened the lightning bolt a little, it would look more compact and bold. Right now the fist looks like it was just kind of slapped on there. I dunno, just an idea.

scotland_fifasig.png

It's not bad with black, but personally, I would still like to see it with charcoal grey as the primary color. Or just use black as an accent color, it's working within the logo. I agree with Chuck about putting some yellow into the wordmark, right now it looks a little dull. The hand is much better than before, but I think the fingers could use a little more definition, between the middle finger and pinkie, the look a little blob-like, as does the tip of the thumb. But that index finger is great, if the others could look a little more like the index finger, then the hand would look great as a whole. I realize I'm being picky, but I think this concept has a lot of potential.

wow elliot great work, one thing though. the lightning kind of looks like it is going behind the hand, and the hand looks like the "black power" symbol. its not all bad i just think it would send the message that the hand is holding the lightning if you extended the white part of the lightning all the way until it would go under the fists fingers. but overall the logo and colors are looking very good and profecional. this is the best thing i have ever seen come out of you with the exeption of one of your rays concepts. great job, and cant wait for uniforms.

This is probably one of the best OKC concepts I've seen on these boards. You did a great job improving the hand, and the graphite and silver looks surprisingly well. Can't wait to see the unis for this one.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Oops, I posted the wrong image in update 2b. I will fix it.

Edit: sorry guys, no update that I had tried to post earlier tonight. It was a photobucket mixup, and I can't get to my computer now (I'm on an iPod currently).

So, tomorrow the update will be more in depth and thought out. I will try to make it the final package, with a new secondary and the wordmarks to go with the updated primary. I'm gonna edit the phantom 2b post (as I call it) to minimize confusion. Check back tomorrow though...I think you will like the update. :)

This may be "nit-picky," but the use of lightning reminds me of the Warriors. That said, I love the original color scheme and think it would be a huse upgrade from the present. Also, to fix the "afro" problem you might stretch the cloud out a bit like a thunderhead.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Update #3:

Ok, I am moving towards finalizing the logo package. I tweaked the primary logo. I made the fingers look more streamlined with each other, and I slightly tweaked the thumb. To go along with that, I made the fist bigger in proportion to the clouds.

A tweak I made to the entire concept was getting rid of the white highlights on the bolt, I felt like it was one of the parts that didn't work and I feel that it looks cleaner without it.

I have added a new secondary logo. It might need some work, though. You get the general idea I'm going for, I'm going to tweak the shape a little bit though, I think it can improve.

The tertiary is just the partial logo of the fist and bolt, you can see more of the arm though.

ThunderLogoFinal.gif

C+C welcome, jerseys coming soon.

The hand looks great. It took a few tries, but you nailed it. It does help that the bolt doesn't have the white highlights as well, and I mean that now those highlights are gone, the wordmark doesn't need extra yellow. I'm also really digging how the cloud in the secondary kind of looks like a buffalo. Great job. Can't wait for the uniforms.

Archived