NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to second what everyone else has said, this set is incredible, but the best by far is the Thunder. I wasn't sure about the color scheme at first, but once I saw the uniforms, it just looked perfect. The striping is very cool, and the presentation makes the whole thing even better. Seeing these just makes you realize how awful the teams official logos are.

Just one thing I noticed is that the OKC script on the alt doesn't seem to have the white-gray gradient that the home and away scripts do. I think that might look better. But excellent job nonetheless.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

OK, here are the Nuggets and Suns alt if you didn't look on the photobucket.

For these I went for the mountain motif, I realize that the side pants view is a little messed up and I'll try to fix it.

NuggetsAlt.gif

I used the PHX wordmark, went with orange, kept the top template the same, and changed up the pants template

PhoenixSunsAlt.gif

The Thunder update is going to be uploaded directly to the photobucket, I'm prolly not gonna post it here. More alts coming in the next few days...

I like the Phoenix alt even though the second shade of orange is pointless.

I suppose it's the one from the PHX logo so it's not too pointless. I think it's a good idea to include it in an alt jersey.

For the Denver one, I really love this but you should include some white in the script and numbers.

I suppose it's the one from the PHX logo so it's not too pointless. I think it's a good idea to include it in an alt jersey.

For the Denver one, I really love this but you should include some white in the script and numbers.

I said it was pointless because it would be indistinguishable from the shade of orange right next to it.

I said it was pointless because it would be indistinguishable from the shade of orange right next to it.

If it's so indistinguishable, how did you know it was there? Elliot, the Suns alt. is great, but I don't think the Nuggets one is there yet. The wordmark is a little dark, and the mountains on the sides abruptly end at the waist. It's a good idea, but the execution is off.

If it's so indistinguishable, how did you know it was there? Elliot, the Suns alt. is great, but I don't think the Nuggets one is there yet. The wordmark is a little dark, and the mountains on the sides abruptly end at the waist. It's a good idea, but the execution is off.

Obviously I can tell that there are two different colors on a computer screen; almost anyone would be able to. What I meant by that is that if these were to be introduced as real alternates then the two shades would be indistinguishable by fans sitting in the seats.

That said, I do like the uniforms. It's nice to see no gray on the uniforms.

Very creative on the Phoenix and Denver alternates. I really like the Suns. The Denver shorts look bad to me. The mountains either look like a phallic symbol or like a hand flipping off everyone. Maybe if the mountains weren't so stylize or curved it would look better. Also reducing the size would help too.

KUHawks.png

NuggetsAlt.gif

I'd change the dark blue outline on the wordmark/numbers white to make it "pop" a little bit (does using "pop" show that I'm not a design professional? :)). Also, the mountains on the pants look off. I love the direction this is going and with tweaks it can be great.

OK, here are the Nuggets and Suns alt if you didn't look on the photobucket.

For these I went for the mountain motif, I realize that the side pants view is a little messed up and I'll try to fix it.

NuggetsAlt.gif

I used the PHX wordmark, went with orange, kept the top template the same, and changed up the pants template

PhoenixSunsAlt.gif

The Thunder update is going to be uploaded directly to the photobucket, I'm prolly not gonna post it here. More alts coming in the next few days...

Thunder alt is great as well as this Suns alt...one gripe though, I hate name arching for the Suns unis...would look better with no-arching.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

^Yeah I agree with you there, the dark gray really doesn't have much life.

Thanks for the huge amount of comments. I know the Nuggets need some work. I'm going to the Thrashers game tonight, though, so I won't be able to update. Check that: I'm going to watch the Thrashers lose. Tomorrow I will update the Nuggets and finally get the OKC update up, and I'll try to get out a couple more alternates. Short day of school tomorrow so I hope to do some "designing".

Archived