NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update #3:

Ok, I am moving towards finalizing the logo package. I tweaked the primary logo. I made the fingers look more streamlined with each other, and I slightly tweaked the thumb. To go along with that, I made the fist bigger in proportion to the clouds.

A tweak I made to the entire concept was getting rid of the white highlights on the bolt, I felt like it was one of the parts that didn't work and I feel that it looks cleaner without it.

I have added a new secondary logo. It might need some work, though. You get the general idea I'm going for, I'm going to tweak the shape a little bit though, I think it can improve.

The tertiary is just the partial logo of the fist and bolt, you can see more of the arm though.

ThunderLogoFinal.gif

C+C welcome, jerseys coming soon.

Wow, this logo package is awesome, blows the uninspired one they use now out of the water.

Thanks for all of the praise guys, I'm glad you are enjoying these logos, but really, I enjoyed making them, because 1) it turned out to be one of my better concepts and 2) everyone's c+c got this concept to where it is now. I really mean it, I appreciate everyone's help immensely. Special thanks to rockngoalie and bohob, they were definitely two especially helpful contributors. Thanks again guys.

I am done with the jerseys, home and away, and they will be posted tomorrow. I am actually pretty excited about these, I don't usually toot my own horn, but I think these turned out nicely, and I think you all will like it. The wordmarks allowed me to bring a pretty modern design to the table, and it's a pretty unique template. It's hard to come up with thirty different ideas but I hope I saved the best for last. So that's your little preview...

And sizemorematters, are lions blue? I don't think what color an object or animal is should always get in the way of a design.

Update #3:

Ok, I am moving towards finalizing the logo package. I tweaked the primary logo. I made the fingers look more streamlined with each other, and I slightly tweaked the thumb. To go along with that, I made the fist bigger in proportion to the clouds.

A tweak I made to the entire concept was getting rid of the white highlights on the bolt, I felt like it was one of the parts that didn't work and I feel that it looks cleaner without it.

I have added a new secondary logo. It might need some work, though. You get the general idea I'm going for, I'm going to tweak the shape a little bit though, I think it can improve.

The tertiary is just the partial logo of the fist and bolt, you can see more of the arm though.

ThunderLogoFinal.gif

C+C welcome, jerseys coming soon.

Huge improvement. I still like my idea the best though. =P

looks pretty legit to me :P

Thunder2.gif

Y'know, I think that is actually a really good way to sort of judge a concept logo and also real logos. A lot of times I try to think "would it fit in" and I have a hard time convincing myself that a concept logo would. On the other hand, it makes you think what kind of feedback real logos would get if they were posted as concepts here. I know you were kind of joking around, but kudos :P I think we should do this exact thing more often with concepts. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe not :P

Looks nice Elliott! Though the first thing I think when I see it, especially the wordmark, is AAO. Not sure if that's good or bad :P

looks pretty legit to me :P

Y'know, I think that is actually a really good way to sort of judge a concept logo and also real logos. A lot of times I try to think "would it fit in" and I have a hard time convincing myself that a concept logo would. On the other hand, it makes you think what kind of feedback real logos would get if they were posted as concepts here. I know you were kind of joking around, but kudos :P I think we should do this exact thing more often with concepts. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe not :P

Looks nice Elliott! Though the first thing I think when I see it, especially the wordmark, is AAO. Not sure if that's good or bad :P

Yes, I definitely see the resemblance, AAO's trademark, IMO, is the two-toned wordmark, and I went for that here. But I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to look like AAO, because he has made some badass concepts...

Great progression elliot. I agree with gbm though, I definitely see AAO. The primary looks great though. Can't wait to see the uniforms.

Any idea what league you'll redesign next :P I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see what you could do with the MLB.

I'm definitely not going to do an MLB redesign. If I did, I would go all out, like new wordmarks and stuff for plenty of teams, but I just don't have the time for a project like that, maybe once I'm in college and my skills improve :D . Instead, I was thinking an MLB batting practice project...It gives me more room to be creative, rather than just sticking to the same old MLB templates. I would give every single team unique templates for BP, some maybe more modern like the current league-wide template, and some more conservative. I just think that gives me more room to do cool things, while an MLB redesign can be somewhat "restrictive". Thoughts?

Ok, so now I can do this... something I've done 29 other times :P

Concept 30: Oklahoma City Thunder

Well, you've seen the logos, and now it's time for the jerseys. I think I explained a lot of the things I wanted to do with these a few posts above, so you can read that, but, I wanted to go with a modern template, basically. On the side panels, I just switched yellow and black from home-away, so that's pretty simple. If I go back and change anything, just looking at it now, I might get rid of the silver waistband. I went with the smaller armholes although I usually go with the bigger ones, but I think it fits here. I used the "Thunder" wordmark on both home and away. I tried OKC on the roads but it didn't look great. I don't particularly like the idea of a full "Oklahoma City" wordmark, simply because it's too long and bulky, but, even though I don't like it, I might do it if you guys want me to. I would put Oklahoma above the numbers, and City below, and center the numbers, if I had to do it. The OKC wordmark is going on the alternates, which hopefully will be done today. I like to get crazy with alternates, so that could be a disaster, but you never know...

So, enough talking:

ThunderJerseys.gif

You guys know what to do, comments are welcome.

Next: Wait a second... :P

Archived