NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good Knicks concept that takes away black. The only thing I do not like if the altering of the colors for the current secondary logo. I would also like to see this concept with the current primary on the shorts. A good alternate might be and orange/blue with the primary wordmark on the front.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

No logos concepts anymore? :cry:

What?

For the first few teams, you gave them a new logo, but not anymore.

I've rarely done new logos, I've recolored a few, but I haven't redesigned any logos except the Clippers, I think.

Concept 27: Knicks

Ok, I tried to simplify. I got rid of black. The striping design is completely new but still relatively conservative. Wordmark is the same. I used the circle logo, I feel that it is much easier to put on the jersey than the crest logo. I put a small stripe of color along the arm and neck endings. I guess the major thing is getting rid of black. I think it makes it look cleaner. But I know you don't care about what I think...So, comments are welcome. Thanks.

KnicksConcept3.gif

Next will be the Kings.

The only thing I would change would be to put the (NYK) logo on the bottoms of the side panels.

No logos concepts anymore? :cry:

What?

For the first few teams, you gave them a new logo, but not anymore.

I've rarely done new logos, I've recolored a few, but I haven't redesigned any logos except the Clippers, I think.

Concept 27: Knicks

Ok, I tried to simplify. I got rid of black. The striping design is completely new but still relatively conservative. Wordmark is the same. I used the circle logo, I feel that it is much easier to put on the jersey than the crest logo. I put a small stripe of color along the arm and neck endings. I guess the major thing is getting rid of black. I think it makes it look cleaner. But I know you don't care about what I think...So, comments are welcome. Thanks.

KnicksConcept3.gif

Next will be the Kings.

Nice job men. That would be good.

Great job elliott! But like chestnut said on the white uni's it looks like a zig zag. I can't give you any suggestions on how to fix that though. haha sorry man.

I can. Change the zig-zags to checker patterns.

I'm known for my amazing problem-solving abilities.

That might have been the least helpful C+C I have ever heard. Just to clarify, they already are checker patterns, it's just hard to see.

CharlotteBobcatsConcept2.gif

-I made the racing stripes bigger

-simplified some of the vertical striping

-took off the checks from the waistband, I felt it looked distracting.

I love the Celtics uniform, is may be the best of the series in my opinion.

spacer.png

I'm really liking just about everything on that Knicks concept. Glad the black is gone, the orange and blue look sharp together. The design itself is nice, but I keep seeing 'Bobcats' when I look at the side stripes. Especially on the white jersey.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I, too, really like the Knicks concept. All I can think of is making the logo on the bottom of the shorts have the background a different color than the shorts. And I think it should have "Knicks" on the front instead of "New York".

My favorite part is that you put David Lee's name and number on the jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Ok, I have, lately, been giving two days between concepts, but I'm gonna go ahead and post this.

Concept 28: Kings

Somehow I have the last 3 concepts as the worst three teams in the league, last time I checked. Next is the wizards, the grand finale will be the thunder, b/c it will be a complete rebrand! Anyways, hopefully, the last three won't be the worst three. ^_^

For the Kings I was inspired by the USA b-ball jerseys. It's an interesting design, I don't know if I really like it myself. I had trouble incorporating black in the pants. The stripe on the pants is supposed to be very streamlined, like on USA. I don't know if I succeeded in showing that or not. I used vegas gold, I feel the color scheme has more pop, compared to silver.

SacKingsConcept.gif

Comments welcome. Like I said, Wiz are next. Thanks people.

I like this quite a lot. Clean and simple, nice striping, good basic design. But I'd push for the return of silver instead of gold. For instance, when the purple and gold meet, it creates a sort of ugly mush that doesn't work for me. The numbers on the roadies should be white, for legibility's sake, IMO, and all in all I think silver would work better. Nonetheless, this is an excellent concept. If you put silver back in, in my mind it's golden- rather, it's silver.

scotland_fifasig.png

wow, the kings one looks very nice. i love the addition of gold to the set, it looks right for a team called the kings. i have one suiggestion though, if you wanted to make it look just a bit more modern, you could put some black piping on the edges of the stripes and going down as to make the side pannel affect seen in many bball jerseys. just an idea but, the concept is solid as it is, great job.

Like Sweet said, the colors work, but the side designs feel like a gimmicky Adidas pattern to me (especially the part on the back that just ends). I also don't like how on the shorts the design looks like it is floating there. It would most likely look better if it were extended from the top of the shorts to the bottom. One small thing too: the Sacramento wordmark is a little sloppy. Overall this has the potential to be an improvement over your last few designs though.

I LOVE the color switch to gold, but i am too a little bit concerned on the side panels. I think they should continue all the way up and down, rather than just a random "half-oval" on the sides of the pants. Also, i hate the wordmark and the number font, but that isn't really what you've been doing :P

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I agree with some of the previous posters about legibility and parts of the design floating. If the Kings didn't share a division with the famously purple-and-gold Lakers, then gold would be more appropriate. Personally, I think three teams with purple in one division is too many (at least team should have it's own secondary color. But with these colors, I definitely think the shorts need black. How about as trim on the bottom? This concept has some room for improvement.

I really like the shorts stripe. I like how it's just slashes of color with no "connection" to the top or the bottom of the shorts.

I had trouble incorporating black in the pants.

Why not put a thin black stroke between the two other colors? Maybe you could do that on the jerseys too, and just change the collar color over to that of the jersey (so that the black between the two other colors doesn't look awkward right next to the black collar you have now)?

Archived