NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

Concept 24: Bucks

Originally for the Bucks I had a design planned that was just basically a simple, straight up-and-down side panel divided in two to make a bevel with two different shades of the same color. I decided that it was too boring so I attempted to give this idea a little flare. Hopefully you see what I'm trying to do, just look at the details. I wanted to show the bevel that they use on their wordmarks in the pants, and also use the same effect on the jersey tops, just in a different way. The pants keep the "antlers" feel that they currently use.

It's kind of a weird idea. Hopefully you like it.

BucksConcept2.gif

Next...I'm still trying to get my Knicks design to look right, and I also have a Nets idea I'm trying to execute.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally for the Bucks I had a design planned that was just basically a simple, straight up-and-down side panel divided in two to make a bevel with two different shades of the same color. I decided that it was too boring so I attempted to give this idea a little flare. Hopefully you see what I'm trying to do, just look at the details. I wanted to show the bevel that they use on their wordmarks in the pants, and also use the same effect on the jersey tops, just in a different way. The pants keep the "antlers" feel that they currently use.

BucksConcept2.gif

Next...I'm still trying to get my Knicks design to look right, and I also have a Nets idea I'm trying to execute.

This looks great. I really love it, except I think that you should use the city name on the Roads.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

• 2 weeks later...

BucksConcept2.gif

This looks great. I really love it, except I think that you should use the city name on the Roads.

love the silver and white thing, as well as the overall design. I think the Bucks could use a color change more than anything though

temp.png

• 4 weeks later...

Concept 25...Sixers

Well I'm back after a long hiatus.

I went back to some retro Sixers colors, and tweaked the logos/wordmarks a lot. Here is the updated package:

SixersLogosheet.gif

OK, now the jerseys, they are pretty freakin simple! But I think that's a good thing in this case. I don't have much else to say, so...

SixersConcept2009.gif

Comments are appreciated, I will be moving on to the Nets next I think.

You've done my favorite thing with the Philadelphia concept: three-stripe waistband on the pants. I have no idea, but I just love that. Great work with the colors on the logo as well. I like the darker blue than the shade they used in the 90s. A red alt with the PHILA script would look great.

Beautiful, beautiful work here. The updated logos and wordmarks are fantastic, the jersey design is simple and clean, and it's a really professional look overall. But I was thinking that you might want to continue the pants stripe up to the armpits, for continuity and consistency's sake. And on the road jersey, the logo above the name is kind of too complicated to really work. I dunno, just thinking that you might want to make the star outline white to stand out a little more. Once again, though, excellent job.

scotland_fifasig.png

I went back to some retro Sixers colors, and tweaked the logos/wordmarks a lot. Here is the updated package:

SixersLogosheet.gif

You have saved these logos in my eyes. I've always thought that the 76ers' ABA-era logos were/are their best. However, this update makes the current ones look great. Why a "patriotic" themed team decides to add black and gold to their colors at any point is beyond me. Then again, maybe they are celebrating the fact that they are playing in a free country? Haha. (Also, I guess that may open up the whole "Vikings aren't purple in real life" argument, so I'll shut up about that now.)

I also like the uniforms a lot. No funny piping or swooshy-looking color panels or anything: a simple, classic look.

I like what you did for the most part, but the star, swooshy thing, and basketball need some color. They just don't look right. Maybe it would look better if you made the star and basketball a darker silver and the swoosh a lighter silver. The alternate logos need some more color too IMO. I would try making the swoosh navy and the lines on it on it gray with the basketball white (red background). For the blue backgrounded one I would just make the star silver.

Concept 26: Nets

I tried to incorporate the netting theme they subtly use on the side panels a little more prominently, it's just sublimated. It might be sublimated a little less obviously in the real thing, I'm just trying to show it for yall. Not much else to say, it's a pretty simple side paneling scheme.

NetsConcept3.gif

Comments are appreciated.

Next...Knicks

Archived