NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

I like all you?ve done so far, but one thing is bugging me about the Warriors. On the ?ball W? logo, the lines on the basketball end when they meet the W. Try to keep those lines going on the other side of the W and it will look great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lakers are a great improvent to their currents. I agree with you that the Lakers in white doesn't fly. While the white uni's are stylish, they don't fit into the Laker identity IMO. I love that you have the side panels match on both uni's. You can never go wrong when you match!

jNTsTyQ.png

Heat: Blazing fire. Wow!

Warriors: Classic!

Lakers: Hate the design. Not in the time. Just use the oldies.

First if all you really need to work on grammar. Your sentences don't make any sense. And second, if he used the style they currently use, that wouldn't be a "redesign" would it?

jNTsTyQ.png

Concept 15: Suns

SO...I wanted to show you the evolution of this design. I think it is sort of cool the way it has progressed.

Draft 1: This was a concept I did back in February. I liked the direction I was going so I decided to bring it back, attempting to make it better, for my newest concept. Looks like I had that template all along chesnutz, haha.

Draft 1

Draft 2: So this was the one I was going to originally do for my redesign as I was planning it, so it's about 2 or 3 months old, I didn't like it after I had made it, so I immediately scrapped it. Still, I saved it. I tried to use the old style wordmarks, and come up with a modern design, while adding a little gray. I still don't like it, at all.

Draft 2

Draft 3: Then I remembered my first Suns concept, so I wanted to re-do it. I dropped a lot of the light orange. It's subtle for sure. I think it's pretty good but not anything special. I don't like the purple stripe that appears on the white jersey, and the abrupt way that it rounds off.

Draft 3

Draft 4 = Concept 15

Well, I went back to the drawing board a little, obviously I had to get it on the new template so a revamp was in order. I used way more light orange here. I do like the way it came out, but it is...different, so I would see why you wouldn't like it.

But I hope you do like it. Thanks for C+C.

PhoenixSuns3.gif

And, more Lakers comment would be nice.

I really don't know who I will do next, some are already made, but any requests are welcome, maybe I have it done. I have ideas sketched out for pretty much every team so I might do any request even if I don't have it done.

I like the side panels on the Suns jerseys. They flow very nicely, but they may have been the answer to your Heat concept more than the Suns, though. I suppose both team names are associated with flames, but that design definitely brings the Heat to my mind first.

I would imagine the whole concept would look excellent on the court.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I agree with bruschimania on the oval, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the concept. I would also like to see an outline on the wordmarks / numerals. They seem bare. The side stripe works well, but it seems weird going downward, maybe have it go upwards and only on the shorts (with something else as the side stripe for the jersey). Good stuff though.

I must say, the Suns concept is amazing. As others have said, I would try dropping the oval, and making the numbers 2 color. Also, I am worried about how the name "Stoudemire" would fit on the back. Don't get me wrong, they look amazing, but that problem would be brought up if these were made in real life. And IMO they deserve to be. Keep it going. I'd love to see the Spurs. You have been doing some pretty colorful teams, it would be good to see what you do with Black, White, and Silver.

Archived