NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

Concept 12: Heat

Ok, so if you hate this one, I understand. I just wanted to do something creative. These might be a little too crazy to actually be on the court, but I think it's actually a pretty good idea for them to use the whole flame motif. The alternate is a similar template, it just doesn't have all of the flames.

C+C appreciated.

MiamiHeatConcept2.gif

Next: Warriors

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the flame idea, but I think it could be more abstract. Or more like the shorts, where it's more successful. The other thing is that the numerals are squished together. I really like that you went out on a limb, but if you make the jerseys and shorts more consistent with each other, that would help.

Man I love your Heat concept although I think like bohob said, it would look better if you [edit]make it more abstract like the shorts[/edit], but its very creative and I like it better than any of the other ones so far!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Man I love your Heat concept although I think like bohob said, it would look better if you didnt make it so abstract, but its very creative and I like it better than any of the other ones so far!

I said it would look better if it were more abstract, more like the shorts.

Man I love your Heat concept although I think like bohob said, it would look better if you didnt make it so abstract, but its very creative and I like it better than any of the other ones so far!

I said it would look better if it were more abstract, more like the shorts.

yeah thats what I meant, I messed up while I was typing that.......my bad

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I love both versions of the Heat's shorts, but their tops are a little much.

Believe me, I agree with you completely, I would never want these to see the light of day. I do think that the Heat would look good with some subtle flames. Nothing over the top.

Concept 13: Warriors

Well guys, I didn't have too much time this afternoon to work on new stuff, with school back and such, but I did want to post this concept. For the Warriors I used colors that are a throwback to the original colors, I actually like their current uniform template but I'm not a fan of their color scheme. I kept the same wordmark, tweaking it. The main logo is the W logo that they seem to be straying more towards, I really just messed around with it. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I did like that I got rid of their awful gradient/fade. Here is a larger logo view:

WarriorsLogos.gif

(I'm strongly considering dropping the drop-shadow thing)

The uniforms I kept simple. The shorts do change it up from the norm a little, just tapering off slightly. Nothing groundbreaking but sometimes simplicity can be good. I'm not completely satisfied with the result, though...so all comments are greatly appreciated.

WarriorsConcept.gif

Next: Probably the Lakers. If not, the Suns and Bobcats will be making an appearance soon.

Hm, I like that you went back to the old colors. The new striping design is simple but I quite like it. Only beef is the shorts logo looks a bit forced and smacked on top of everything, and maybe make the away striping the same as the home, putting some white in between the yellow instead of blue.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I'm loving the last 2. Didn't I say you'd wow us with the Heat? I think with some minor tweaks it would be great. The warriors look amazing, though I would agree that you should lose the drop shadow effect you have going. The Heat concept has me wondering what a Suns concept is going to look like. Hopefully you use the same kind of name based design elements as you did with the Heat. Keep it up man, you're back on track IMO.

Concept 14: Lakers

So the Lakers are a hard team to make better. They have nice uniforms now, I'm sure most people would agree with that. Of course, this is a Redesign thread, so I tried my hardest to not stray too far from tradition but also bring out some new striping.

No white jersey here. I like that they use yellow at home. I really wish that's all they would use. So, I kept that in mind and didn't add a white jersey.

So here it is. Comments are appreciated.

LakersConcept.gif

And, eRay, I was planning on doing a name-based design for the Suns. I have been inspired by -(dp)-, he made an Oregon Ducks design in the apprentice (actually multiple designs) that used a combo of medium green and deep forest green. It's not a combo you would think of normally but he made it work. So, for the Suns, I am experimenting with a combo of purple, orange, and slighty lighter orange. And ditching the gray. I'm not done but hopefully it will turn out good!

Archived