NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

The stripes are messed up. The side panels would look really strange according to your concept. It would look like this sort of.

|\  |\
| \| \
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |

Unless that was the look you were going for.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Concept 6: Clippers

So, I went with a new color scheme on this one, just regular red and blue seems overused to me, so I went with light blue and maroon. It's a pretty simple design but still relatively modern.

ClippersConcept2.gif

Next: Maybe Pistons or Blazers

Home:

The numbers (front and back) would look better if they were red - it would make the wordmark stand out more. The NOB should then be light blue.

ROAD:

I think the numbers would again look better if red, and the wordmark and NOB would be white. It would also add some consistency between the sets, because currently on the homes, the wordmark and numbers are the same color, but the wordmark != the NOB. ON the current roads, the wordmark and numbers are different colors, but the wordmark = the NOB.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OK guys, I completely agree that the Clippers need a rebrand, so I tried to see what I could come up with. I started with the image of the bow or stern or whatever you call it (the wood part) from google images, then free handed the sails and water. I think it's a good start but it's not quite there yet. I decided the light blue and maroon weren't enough color-wise so I added a dull, darker blue. Comments appreciated.

ClippersShipLogo.gif

Since you have every piece of the boat rendered in a different color, it's hard to tell what is what. Step back from your work, see if it works at a distance, or a small size. Also, you need to work on the rendering of the waves. I'd go back to the drawing board with this one. I know you can do better.

OK, so I messed with the logo, and brought out a new font, and also listened to what BBTV was saying about the numbers. So this is about as final as this is going to get, and I am going to move on to the next one.

ClippersConcept3.gif

Edit: I just noticed that I put home for both. And I didn't save the latest jerseys. Oh well....

It looks good, but it would probably be better if the light and dark blues were swapped for each other.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Concept 7: Pistons

Personally I love the current Pistons set, but who knows when they will decide to get modern unis. Well, I hate the horsehead package and identity, so although someone suggested it there is no way I am going with that; I like the simplicity of the current wordmarks. I also love the D inside of the P logo, just not the dark blue shadowing. Many people might not realize that the Pistons do use small amounts of navy in the logos, I got rid of that. So, anyways, I tried to show what I would like if they decided to modernize. The general outline is exactly the same, just the template is modernized. I also changed up the home wordmarks, it is usually red with a blue outline (I am still trying to figure out if I like that). I alternate is a different template but still tries to emulate their current alternate. The wordmarks are also different, with the stroke and main color once again flipped.

So, traditionalists may not like this, but here it is.

DetroitPistonsConcept.gif

C+C is appreciated.

Next is probably Blazers. I think I have a good idea for them, I'm just trying to execute it correctly.

i like the idea but i dont like how there is a white stripe on both home and away (you just cant see it on the blue jersey), its almost perfect but maby try the two color front/back thing on the blue one too

I think you might have mis-typed there, you can't see the white stripe on the white jersey. I see what you are saying but I was really just trying to keep the same look of the current uniforms. They have the white stripe in the middle of both jerseys right now, it's just different because on mine it would blend in with the white background once the red and blue striping goes away. I think that makes sense.

The Pistons set isn't bad. I don't think I'm feeling the ultra-wide stripe on the third jerseys. Also, lose the outlines on the names, so the names and numbers separate more. Actually, I'd say make the names and numbers just as they are on the current ones. Overall, I'm feeling these.

I'm a Pistons fan, and I realize how some think they're boring, but most people don't realize their current set is actually a great update on the classic uniforms they wore during their first championships. An interesting idea may be to redesign the throwbacks they wore a couple years back with the lightning trim.

And one more thought... Rasheed Wallace switched back to #30 this season. :D

Just wanted to say that I love the Pistons. The modernization is not lost on me at all, I still get the feeling of their current designs, but it has more going on. Great work.

I feel like you should revisit the Clippers at the end and see what else you can come up with for them. It is a hard identity to make look right, but you could easily get there. I would try Light Blue and Orange instead of what you used. Old school colors always make a modern jersey look interesting. I'd change up the uniform design too, go all out. This is a team with no established history that needs to be kept. Make history with their uniforms. A couple teams I can't wait for; Spurs, Rockets(can Red, Yellow, and Silver work together?), T-Wolves, and Heat (for some reason I think you will wow us with Miami). Keep it up. FYI, you are giving me ideas to start my own NBA redesign, I love it.

Archived