NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

The Pistons set isn't bad. I don't think I'm feeling the ultra-wide stripe on the third jerseys. Also, lose the outlines on the names, so the names and numbers separate more. Actually, I'd say make the names and numbers just as they are on the current ones. Overall, I'm feeling these.

I'm a Pistons fan, and I realize how some think they're boring, but most people don't realize their current set is actually a great update on the classic uniforms they wore during their first championships. An interesting idea may be to redesign the throwbacks they wore a couple years back with the lightning trim.

And one more thought... Rasheed Wallace switched back to #30 this season. :D

Ahh, stupid google images! ;)

Just wanted to say that I love the Pistons. The modernization is not lost on me at all, I still get the feeling of their current designs, but it has more going on. Great work.

I feel like you should revisit the Clippers at the end and see what else you can come up with for them. It is a hard identity to make look right, but you could easily get there. I would try Light Blue and Orange instead of what you used. Old school colors always make a modern jersey look interesting. I'd change up the uniform design too, go all out. This is a team with no established history that needs to be kept. Make history with their uniforms. A couple teams I can't wait for; Spurs, Rockets(can Red, Yellow, and Silver work together?), T-Wolves, and Heat (for some reason I think you will wow us with Miami). Keep it up. FYI, you are giving me ideas to start my own NBA redesign, I love it.

Thanks. I agree with you about the Clippers. It still isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. It's definitely the hardest one I have come across so far, and it has definitely required the most work on my part. But it still can look better.

So, I'll edit the Pistons and post that later, and I'll also post the Blazers some time today.

Oh, and eRay it would be awesome if you started an NBA redesign, I feel like we don't have enough NBA concepts around here.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concept 8: Blazers

So, this one is interesting. I based the striping coming down from the shoulder on the Hawks, I think you can see the resemblance but it is still difference. I don't know if it looks completely right, but hopefully you see what I am trying to do. The alternate is based off of the current jerseys, just no vertical striping, and overall it's simpler. I completely eliminated silver from the scheme, it just seemed like an afterthought on what they wear right now.

Comments appreciated.

BlazersConcept.gif

Next: Not sure, but Hornets or Cavs are possibilities.

That Blazers set has a lot of potential. Eliminating silver is a good call, especially considering the Raptors are red, black, and silver. With the home jersey, how about giving the numerals and wordmark a black outline and a white highlight? I think it work tie in better with the other two. I understand that the way you currently have it, the white outline is implied, but it just isn't working as well as the others IMO. Also, what happens to the name on back for Joel Przybilla? It doesn't look like there's enough room. On the alt, the striping doesn't make sense. It current goes:

\ \

\ \

\ \

\ \

This would leave weird gaps on the sides, which are pretty important on a basketball uniform. I would just flip the stripe on the back, so it matches up. As for the home and away shorts, I really like them, but I'd like to see something more swoopy (if that's a word), so it matches the jerseys better. I think if you make those couple tweaks, this concept is good to go.

Ok Elliot, I love your work, and I've been following this thread for awhile but havent yet commented it. So I'll do a quick overview.

Hawks. I love the switch back to yellow and red. The uniform is amazing! I like that you kept their current font to. Great job with the Hawks. A-

Pacers: I like the pinstripes, and side panels. A little past with a little future, Nice! B

Jazz: Love the addition of purple! The matching side panels is a big plus for me to. The Jazz are my Favorites! A+

Magic: Good idea going with the font with the stars! I also like the stars on the side panels. The numbers just look a little off to me. I think they might be too skinny. B-

Grizzlies: The addition of gold really brings this together. The side panels are great to! Overall I love this set, a huge improvement over their currents IMO. A-

Clippers: Love the new font. But I'm not a fan of the new logo. Their current one is awful but your new one isn't really that much of an improvement IMO. The side panels while modern, seem a little forced. I'm not sure where you were going with those. Overall its nice, but not your best work. C+

Pistons: The alternate is my favortie. And the away kinda bugs me a little. The random white stripe doesn't seem right. I think if you get rid of that it'd be perfect. Great job! B+

Blazers: The side panels aren't that good. There's a little too much going on. The short side panels are great. And like bohob said maybe if make them a swooped affect it'd be better. B-

Concept 8: Blazers

So, this one is interesting. I based the striping coming down from the shoulder on the Hawks, I think you can see the resemblance but it is still difference. I don't know if it looks completely right, but hopefully you see what I am trying to do. The alternate is based off of the current jerseys, just no vertical striping, and overall it's simpler. I completely eliminated silver from the scheme, it just seemed like an afterthought on what they wear right now.

Comments appreciated.

BlazersConcept.gif

Next: Not sure, but Hornets or Cavs are possibilities.

Ok, I'm loving the direction you are going, but I have some ideas to clean it up a bit. They are currently just too busy!

1. On the home jerseys, lose the black side panels all together. Just change the swooping stripes to black and red. That will give it the same look as the away which is so nice.

2. The shorts are too busy and you don't need two pinwheels on the hips. Try eliminating the pinwheels and shortening the stripes a ton. I like the placement, but maybe if they were only about an inch or two high. Subtle

3. The wordmarks on the away should be white, and the home jersey should have the double outline on the number like the away does.

4. Don't like the diagonal stripe on the back of the alternate at all. It makes it look like a beauty pageant sash.

Basically I think you tried to cram too many good ideas into one set and you need to let some go. The swooping stripes are the strongest element and all the other design moves should be made to enhance those - not distract from them.

I vote for the Cavs. Great work on the home and road Portland jerseys, the alternate looks good, but flip the stripe.

I second that, I love LOVE the Blazers Home and Away, I think you should make the alt. look like them. But like others said the stripe looks weird on the alt. you should flip the stripe around on the back to make it look better.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

The Blazers set reminds me of the Nike SOD jerseys.

Which I really actually like. The Blazers set is probably my favorite thus far.

Great job.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Concept 9: Cavaliers

So, at first glance, the template on this one might look a little similar to the Blazers. I really never intended for that to happen. So don't think that all of my concepts are going to start looking the same. I mean, I guess it is overall similar, but the details on this one are obviously way different than the Blazers. On one of LEWJ's concepts for the Cavs a while ago, I mentioned that I had an idea sort of in the same ballpark, incorporating the alternating dashed colors. It ended up looking wayyy different. This is my second draft, and it looks way better than the original. So, I hope you like it, and comments are always welcome

CavaliersConcept2.gif

Next: Hornets, or Raptors, or maybe even Heat.

This is about the only one of the redesign I dont like so far, the big stripe and alternating stripes look way too cluttered, IMO you should stick with one or the other, or at least move them away from each other. And it needs a navy away or alternate set

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

With the Cavs and Blazers you are heading in the wrong direction. The back of both of those jerseys (and the front of the Cavs) look way too cluttered. I mean, there is no room for properly sized numbers, names, or wordmarks. Yeah, the sides look cool but they aren't really practical. Everything has to work together well. You started off nice, but I'm afraid these two last concepts are a sign of things to come. Keep it simple.

With the Cavs and Blazers you are heading in the wrong direction. The back of both of those jerseys (and the front of the Cavs) look way too cluttered. I mean, there is no room for properly sized numbers, names, or wordmarks. Yeah, the sides look cool but they aren't really practical. Everything has to work together well. You started off nice, but I'm afraid these two last concepts are a sign of things to come. Keep it simple.

I hope not. But I don't think that will happen. I think that you will see that the next couple of concepts will be simpler, going closer to more traditional looking templates. But in a modern way. Tomorrow I will go with the Hornets.

needs a neck logo on the back, theres just all that room

I agree. You can use the "flaG" alternate logo.

This one is awesome.

Any chances of doing alts? Maybe you could put only "Cavs" script instead of using Cavaliers or Cleveland.

anim_10b653c9-6201-4c84-31ec-36c-1.gif

incrediballer.png

LakeshowFight On!Carpe DiemNo Fear

The news blazers is a great improvement. But like everyone else says try to free up the back around the numbers and names. Great job though overall A-. As for the Cavs, IMO a poor effort. Right now you have two different styles going one. You need to choose one and go with it. (If it were up to me, I'd choose the alternating stripes. I love the cavs current navy alt!) I think you just over thought the concept. To much going on.

Archived