NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concept 18: Bobcats

Well, Chesnutz, I know you requested the Celtics next, but I don't have them quite done, so I decided to post the Bobcats first. The Celtics will be the next submission. For the team in Charlotte, I decided that having a navy-ish blue and black at the same time is distracting, so I wanted to drop one of them. On my original draft, I had the Seahawks-like blue color, but on the second draft that you see now I went with black, to make the theme work. Yeah, I went for the Nascar thing that they did maybe once (?). Don't quote me on that, but I know that they have worn those Nascar alternates. I kept it pretty descreet, though, it isn't blatant. I don't know if it would work in real life, but it is a new idea. I think eventually I might end up dropping the racing stripes altogether in favor of a different stripe, but we shall see how you like it.

CharlotteBobcatsConcept.gif

Next: Celtics, as already mentioned. Then I will move on to the T-Wolves and the Mavericks. I will be using green in both schemes, but I will put them back-to-back to try and set them apart, I did that with the Lions and Panthers in my NFL thread.

I like those charlotte unis! And I also think the pattern on the white jerseys look like zigzags.

To fix it though, maybe you could put a thin orange stripe that runs down each side of the checker pattern? Just a suggestion that could possibly work...

Great job elliott! But like chestnut said on the white uni's it looks like a zig zag. I can't give you any suggestions on how to fix that though. haha sorry man.

I can. Change the zig-zags to checker patterns.

I'm known for my amazing problem-solving abilities.

Great job elliott! But like chestnut said on the white uni's it looks like a zig zag. I can't give you any suggestions on how to fix that though. haha sorry man.

I can. Change the zig-zags to checker patterns.

I'm known for my amazing problem-solving abilities.

That might have been the least helpful C+C I have ever heard. Just to clarify, they already are checker patterns, it's just hard to see.

CharlotteBobcatsConcept2.gif

-I made the racing stripes bigger

-simplified some of the vertical striping

-took off the checks from the waistband, I felt it looked distracting.

Concept 19: Celtics

Traditionalists might want to stay away from this one! Not really, even if you hate it, please comment. I liked how LEWJ did a Celtics concept a little while back, he slightly incorporated gold, which I liked. I used a little more gold, but it's still pretty descreet. Nothing too, too modern here, but obviously it is a modernization.

CelticsConcept2.gif

So next will probably the T-Wolves and Mavs, and the Sixers and the Rockets might come afterword.

I knew you would have to change it, which is a problem I am encountering while preparing my own NBA redesign. As most of you know, I think their current look is perfection, minus the alternate. I respect what you did, keeping it simple and classy but still changing it. I would say there is a little too much Gold right now, and that both home and away jerseys should say "Celtics". Other than that, I like these.

Its not often that i look at a concept and actually say "woah" out loud, but when I saw that celtics i certainly did. I always love gold added instead of black, and you did an excellent job! I'm trying to give you something that can make it better, but I can't think of a thing. I would love to see them in the garden!

TDZiMMB.png

Concept 19: Celtics

Traditionalists might want to stay away from this one! Not really, even if you hate it, please comment. I liked how LEWJ did a Celtics concept a little while back, he slightly incorporated gold, which I liked. I used a little more gold, but it's still pretty descreet. Nothing too, too modern here, but obviously it is a modernization.

CelticsConcept2.gif

So next will probably the T-Wolves and Mavs, and the Sixers and the Rockets might come afterword.

Perfect!! The best Celtics concept I have EVER seen! Great job

jNTsTyQ.png

The Celtics uniform is sweet - this should be their Alt Uni, not their crappy black unis.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived