NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alllllrighty, so I am now moving on to the 3rd part of the series, with-

Concept 20: Minnesota Timberwolves

Sorry for the lack of concepts lately, hopefully you guys didn't miss me too much ( ^_^ ) but it's been finals week. And tomorrow's my last day of school, so I will be able to get some concepts out in the next week. Especially since I am getting my wisdom teeth out :(

A lot of changes here. The alternate logo is much more prevalent. I think they are on the right track with their new jerseys, but they still are far from perfect. I took the side panel things, simplified it, and filled in the side panels. I switched around the shorts though, it's all new. I also brought back the tree trim on the collars and the arm holes. I tried to work in green to the side panels of the home, but it just never looked right (I might try again though). The alternate is really just me trying to do something crazy, because that's sometimes what alternates can be good for. The shorts on the alt are the pine tree motif, and I tried to sublimate the same image into the background of the jersey.

TWolvesConcept.gif

Next is the Mavs.

i really like the t-wolves, and have some suggestions as well.

- incorporate the neck pattern to the bottom of the shorts somehow.

-instead of the black alt, make a green one in the same style as the primaries.

- i think a number font somewhere in between the current and a more traditional type would be perfect.

other than that its a nice concept, very well executed too imo

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Alllllrighty, so I am now moving on to the 3rd half of the series, with-

Concept 20: Minnesota Timberwolves

Sorry for the lack of concepts lately, hopefully you guys didn't miss me too much ( ^_^ ) but it's been finals week. And tomorrow's my last day of school, so I will be able to get some concepts out in the next week. Especially since I am getting my wisdom teeth out :(

A lot of changes here. The alternate logo is much more prevalent. I think they are on the right track with their new jerseys, but they still are far from perfect. I took the side panel things, simplified it, and filled in the side panels. I switched around the shorts though, it's all new. I also brought back the tree trim on the collars and the arm holes. I tried to work in green to the side panels of the home, but it just never looked right (I might try again though). The alternate is really just me trying to do something crazy, because that's sometimes what alternates can be good for. The shorts on the alt are the pine tree motif, and I tried to sublimate the same image into the background of the jersey.

TWolvesConcept.gif

Next is the Mavs.

Nice job. Love the home and aways, but I don't live the alts. I got my wisdom teeth out today! It sucks.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

The biggest complaint I have about the Wolves is that the team underplays the green. While your concept gives green a bigger role in the set, I'm disappointed to see a black alt. I'd love to see green used more as a primary color than an accent.

Nice work overall, though. And major kudos for incorporating the stellar alt. logo.

Thanks for the comments guys. I do have a question though...Which color scheme for the Mavericks would you rather see: Navy-light blue-silver (basically what they have now) or Navy-green-silver (looks more like the old scheme or the alternate). I have been experimenting but I can't decide. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks for the comments guys. I do have a question though...Which color scheme for the Mavericks would you rather see: Navy-light blue-silver (basically what they have now) or Navy-green-silver (looks more like the old scheme or the alternate). I have been experimenting but I can't decide. Your thoughts are appreciated.

What they have now is better.

anim_10b653c9-6201-4c84-31ec-36c-1.gif

incrediballer.png

LakeshowFight On!Carpe DiemNo Fear

I say incorporate more green into their color scheme. Most of the fans here are pushing for the team to do it.

cowbosy.pnglonghorns.png

Concept 21: Mavericks

Well, I just couldn't decide on which color scheme to use, so you get both! Hooray! I kept in mind a small amount of the details on the Mavs jerseys, but most of it is all new. I got rid of the different color nameplate/numbers that they use now. I tweaked the logo, getting rid of black, which really shouldn't be there in the first place.

Alternate might be brewing, I'm also going to tweak the Twolves alternate eventually. I was thinking about going back and making some alternates for teams that I didn't make one for, not every team obviously, but some that would look good, or some throwbacks. Also, I'm going to redo the first couple of teams that I did on my old template, just to clean them up.

So C+C is appreciated.

Color scheme includes green

Color scheme includes light blue

Next...Rockets, or maybe Knicks

I am a huge fan of the Mavs current green alternate. I think they never should've got rid of the green. But as for your concept and this uniform design, I have to vote for the dark blue/light blue. I think the green one (as many people have said) is to much like the wolves. The light blue just looks better on this one. Great job.

jNTsTyQ.png

I thought the inclusion of Green would look awful but I now that I saw it, its simply awesome. But the one with Silver looks equally great.

I agree that the one with Green screams T-Wolves (secondary logos somehow also looks quite the same because they're both circle and incorporates the ball at the background) but it fits the Mavs better IMO.

Experiment a Navy/Light blue+Green+Silver color scheme.

anim_10b653c9-6201-4c84-31ec-36c-1.gif

incrediballer.png

LakeshowFight On!Carpe DiemNo Fear

The Mavs with green looks great, but the version with the light blue works much better overall in my opinion. Plus, it does remind one of the T-Wolves. Though, with the green set, it might look better if the side panels were navy with green trim instead of the other way around.

Archived