NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try making the short stripes go all the way to the bottom. Or at least move them down so they touch the bottom. It looks strange with them just floating.

yeah you still get that random half-oval sort of shape floating around. starting at the bottom and having the piping up to the waist would like real streamline, not to mention good

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Concept 29: Wizards

So I got locked out of my account for about 2 days, but everything's good now...I've been working on some stuff though. First of all, I finished the wizards.

I thought the light goldish-bronze color would work as a home jersey, I kept the side panels white, though, to keep it lighter. I tweaked the wordmark, it has less strokes and the outline is a little cleaned up, for those of you that use illustrator you know that if you beef up the stroke on an image with sloppy edges or sharp edges, it can get a little rough looking. So I had to do some cleaning up there. The side panel design is somewhat modern but it's still simple. Especially on the roads. It's very minimalist. If you guys don't like it, I will probably go with gold panels with white piping detail. Oh, and I eliminated black.

WashingtonWizards.gif

Comments appreciated there.

Now on to the next thing. I redid the my first two concepts on this thread, the Hawks and the Pacers, onto the newer template I have used the last 27 times. Rather then just post them here, I have something better.

The NBA Redesign photobucket website

Yeah, I uploaded everything to a new Photobucket and made it public. Teams are in alphabetical order by city name. So be sure to check it out, definitely do it you are a newer member and you missed a bunch of concepts.

That's it, hopefully y'all like the Wizards and the website, I just think it's way easier then looking through this thread. Link is going in my sig.

So I got locked out of my account for about 2 days, but everything's good now...I've been working on some stuff though. First of all, I finished the wizards.

I thought the light goldish-bronze color would work as a home jersey, I kept the side panels white, though, to keep it lighter. I tweaked the wordmark, it has less strokes and the outline is a little cleaned up, for those of you that use illustrator you know that if you beef up the stroke on an image with sloppy edges or sharp edges, it can get a little rough looking. So I had to do some cleaning up there. The side panel design is somewhat modern but it's still simple. Especially on the roads. It's very minimalist. If you guys don't like it, I will probably go with gold panels with white piping detail. Oh, and I eliminated black.

WashingtonWizards.gif

Now on to the next thing. I redid the my first two concepts on this thread, the Hawks and the Pacers, onto the newer template I have used the last 27 times. Rather then just post them here, I have something better.

Yeah, I uploaded everything to a new Photobucket and made it public. Teams are in alphabetical order by city name. So be sure to check it out, definitely do it you are a newer member and you missed a bunch of concepts.

That's it, hopefully y'all like the Wizards and the website, I just think it's way easier then looking through this thread. Link is going in my sig.

Teams can't have colored home jerseys anymore.

WashingtonWizards.gif

Teams can't have colored home jerseys anymore.

Lakers?

temp.png

McCall is right. The Lakers are the lone exception because they are the Lakers. Although I'm sure that David Stern could be swayed to allow the Wiz to use gold at home.

Actually, they were grandfathered in because at the time of the rule change, they were the only team using colored home jerseys. If another team was doing it, they more than likely would've been grandfathered in as well. It's not because they're the Lakers. And I'm saying this as someone who absolutely hates the Lakers. Of course, the whole NBA is a frickin joke, anyway.

The Timberwolves occasionally have a 'True Blue' night where they wear their blue jerseys at home.

Onto the concept now, it looks pretty good. The gold jersey is much better than the gold on black they use as an alternate. The only thing I don't like is how thick the number and font outlines are. Shrink those down a tad and it would look great.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Upgrade. I really like this concept, but I think the stroke on the script and number are a little thick for my taste. And while I like the exclusion of black in your concepts, I still think the Wizards should keep the black, at least to a minimal accent like you did with your Hawks concept because I think their blue is more of a medium tone, than a dark tone.

But, can't wait to see what you're going to do with OKC.

Darn it. I wanna die.

What?

Please put white in the homes.

You don't listen do you?

@ everyone else: thanks for the comments, I will be tweaking the design, I guess I will go with white homes.

Right now I'm having trouble with my logo for the Thunder, I have an idea of exactly what I want to do but it's not translating well into illustrator. So, it might be a few more days before those get posted. I will tell you that I'm gonna try to work some brown into the color scheme.

Archived