Update...on A Post By Stampsman

iDonovan

JUST updated with new logo...

This is a update story from a post by Stampsman a little while back. It seems a team up here in Canada was going to get sued by Disney if they did not change there logo. It is just a rec-league (beer league) so who was it hurting. So I when I read the article I got an idea. I got in contact with the teams coach and told him I would create a logo free of charge that would be way better than that stupid Disney logo. He loved the idea so I started the logo. I have my first draft...and am still working on it a bit mainly the font. They are not sure on colours yets...either Ducks or Rangers. PLus all the shadowing will be removed when putting the crest on the Jerseys ....I just added that to my web images. The team slogan was my idea as well...I think it adds a humorous shot at Disney :D

there old logo is in the upper right corner.

Mighty.jpg

Genius man...pure, genius. I don't know if you've tried submitting your work to anyone but maybe you should goto league and team sites and see if they have any openings for media design or web page design.

You're too good to be just out there, you need to get more than your foot in the door, the world doesn't know what they're missing.

Are those buttons flying off on the left side of the logo? It took me a while to determine what those are. I decided either buttons or drugs... dunno. Anyway, I think you can probably remove them. The logo is a little too busy with them, in my opinion.

Otherwise, great job, as usual.

looks sweet! i had to look hard to figure out the shirt buttons popping off (since i normally remove my shirt straight over the head, buttons intact, haha).

i like the Ranger colors better, both could use slightly darker color. very good shot at uncle Walt's co.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Nice illustration! However:

- The buttons look oddly stationary, seems like they should have some sort of motion lines to indicate where they came from.

- The drop shadow really looks forced and out of place.

- Would the plan be to put this full logo on the jerseys, or is there a version that isn't dominated as much by the team name? (Just a personal preference, I'm not big on team names on jersey logos, especially if the logo portion itself stands on its own well; you do seem to be a fan of large wordmarks included on logos, so I figured I'd ask.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I really think you're a great illustrater, man. The only things that I would suggest is removing all of the shadows for sake of affordable reproduction and clarity. They're just a touch too busy for my tastes, and if they were to have these silk screened, the cost would be rediculous. I agree with some folds about the buttons. While I like the concept of what you're doing with them, and they're well drawn, I don't think they're obvious to everyone who sees them.

Well done.

I hate teal AND i hate purple, so I'd nominate rangers colors, too.

I like the word mark on the elft, and the backgound medical star background on the right.

Excellent job. I'm in awe of your talent!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

PLus all the shadowing will be removed when putting the crest on the Jerseys ....I just added that to my web images.

Does nobody read anymore? I agree about the shadows, but he did mention he was getting rid of them... why is everybody commenting on them?

Your awesome, those are some great "doc" logos!!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Does nobody read anymore? I agree about the shadows, but he did mention he was getting rid of them... why is everybody commenting on them?

Seeing as how he's updated the original post, perhaps that wasn't there the first time. Though, I've been known to skim over such things. Either way, plop happens.

Speaking of the update, the new one is quite cool. Though, it seems like the first wordmark would look better with it. Might add a "plum" (whatever it's called) outline around the jade in the background, kindof like how the circle in the first one was outlined.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Seeing as how he's updated the original post, perhaps that wasn't there the first time. Though, I've been known to skim over such things. Either way, plop happens.

It was there from the beginning. The only reason I know is because I thought the shadows were too much, as well, but didn't comment because he directly mentioned they weren't in the final design.

Oh well... I just find it interesting how many people totally overlooked that. I guess all the internet studies are true, people don't read, they just skim. I will now make sure every one of my posts has bullet points. :D

To summarize:

* Shadows gone in final design

* Most people didn't notice comment

* Now using bullet points.

^_^

Archived