2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

BIG rumor...

Various sources are reporting that the Red Sox are on the verge of acquiring Indians C/1B Victor Martinez....without giving up Clay Buchholz or Daniel Bard.

This one has my interest.

I've also heard it's possibly a 3-way deal. Wonder who a 3rd team might be? Would either team let a division rival be a 3rd trade partner?

I believe San Diego was rumored to be the third team, which could put Adrian Gonzalez in play for this afternoon's trade deadline.

Latest reports say it's Victor Martinez for Justin Masterson and prospect Nick Hagadone.

Wow.

(Buchholz still in Boston...to be dealt for Halladay, possibly? Thinking out loud.)

The acquisition of Vic Martinez now makes recently obtained 1B Adam LaRoche expendable -- and the Braves are interested in bringing him back to the A-T-L.

Done deal. After one week in Boston, LaRoche is a Brave.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where'd you see this? I really don't think they would of traded for LaRoche.

MLBTradeRumors.com is where I get my info.

- Toronto ships Scott Rolen to the Reds.

- Casey Kotchman is possibly the player Boston got for LaRoche.

6uXNWAo.png

There's a catch, Rolen has to waive his no trade clause.

Looks like this is gonna be Toronto's HUGE deadline deal. No Halladay today, folks.

6uXNWAo.png

It's crazy, just two years ago the Tribe was a win away from the World Series. Now they are selling everyone off.

EDIT: So LaRoche for Casey Kotchman. It's the same as the Ryan Church deal. They didn't really get anything better than what they had.

Done. Edwin Encarnacion goes to the Jays.

6uXNWAo.png

so far, The Tigers made a great move by grabbing Washburn without giving up any of their major prospects. Plus the Diamondbacks didn't trade Qualls, Davis or Garland. Great day of baseball for this guy

I'm not exactly happy about this one, but at least I got my Blue Jays gear a few months ago.

There's also a minnor leaguer in the deal, most likely Todd Frazier.

They said that Rolen wasn't hitting very well with the Jays, but neither was Encarnacion here. I don't know how I feel about my former arch-enemy coming to my favorite team. I guess I'll get over it, but what is weird is that this team that was at .500 three weeks ago that is in a tailspin right now, I really expected to see one of the better players leave for a bunch of prospects Pittsburgh Pirates style.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Got this from mlbtraderumors.

SI's Jon Heyman reports that Jake Peavy is being dealt to the White Sox again, but doesn't know if he ok'd it

Although i'm not sure weather this is a bs rumor or true as you can't trade a player on the DL unless it was approved by the commissioner :wacko:

SI's Jon Heyman reports that Jake Peavy is being dealt to the White Sox again, but doesn't know if he ok'd it

Although i'm not sure weather this is a bs rumor or true as you can't trade a player on the DL unless it was approved by the commissioner :wacko:

They're saying on MLB network that Peavy must have approved it or they wouldn't have been likely to announce it. Who knows? Nice pick up for the White Sox if it's true.

BB52Big.jpg

They're saying on MLB network that Peavy must have approved it or they wouldn't have been likely to announce it. Who knows? Nice pick up for the White Sox if it's true.

I'm calling bs until I see it from other sources

I'm calling bs until I see it from other sources

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/peav...-sox-again.html

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived