2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

The Mets have the dumbest coaching staff in the history of baseball, I swear to god Razor Shines has no friggen clue and their manager is lost in space and nobody is going to get fired.

Here is an early 2010 prediction Mets will lose 100 games.

It will take a disaster that epic to get this team to change.

They are lucky they have a new stadium otherwise they would be getting under 20,000 a game again.

You know its a shame they gave us a new stadium and nothing else.

Well next year the newness will be gone and Citi Field will be half empty.

Haven't you been saying pretty much the same thing since...well 1986? Last season it was Randolph needed to be fired. He was. Then all you talked about last offseason was how K-Rod was all The Mets needed. They got him and Putz so now it's back to the manager needs to be fired again and the whole team needs to be scrapped.

I would ask you what you want to see happen with this team but you've already shown that getting exactly what you think The Mets need still isn't what you were looking for. Tank, I hate to break it to you but I am beginning to think that nothing makes you happy when it comes to The Mets. :D

Be a Mets fan and have to suffer the misery they give their fans, its worse then

Note to Omar, bring in more Free Agents for next year just to see the club fail as a whole.

Seriously. Look at who they've brought in recently. Beltran, Wagner, Delgado, Johan Santana, K-Rod, and probably a bunch of guys I'm forgetting. They routinely go out and compete (or get) the top guys on the market... and it just doesn't work. They need to go back and focus on developing their core from within, and quit bowing to pressure to just buy the top guys.

But that's the problem their player development is horrendous nobody ever comes up and is ready to play, or has a clue about fundamentals. Except for Wright and Reyes the Mets have not had any minor leaguers in the past 10-15 years that have been any good at all.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Phillies one has them opening in DC and playing the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Indians and Twins in interleague...

The Mets get Detroit and Minnesota at home and Cleveland on the road (besides the usual home-and-home with the Yankees)...

The White Sox visit Florida and Washington

Where did you see this at?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

The Phillies one has them opening in DC and playing the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Indians and Twins in interleague...

The Mets get Detroit and Minnesota at home and Cleveland on the road (besides the usual home-and-home with the Yankees)...

Not sure where he saw it, but this (at least the PHI part) was announced on the news a few weeks ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Mets have the dumbest coaching staff in the history of baseball, I swear to god Razor Shines has no friggen clue and their manager is lost in space and nobody is going to get fired.

Here is an early 2010 prediction Mets will lose 100 games.

It will take a disaster that epic to get this team to change.

They are lucky they have a new stadium otherwise they would be getting under 20,000 a game again.

You know its a shame they gave us a new stadium and nothing else.

Well next year the newness will be gone and Citi Field will be half empty.

Yeah, they suck, but for the sake of all of us, just shut up. We know they blow. We know they'll continue to blow. Just stop.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

But that's the problem their player development is horrendous nobody ever comes up and is ready to play, or has a clue about fundamentals. Except for Wright and Reyes the Mets have not had any minor leaguers in the past 10-15 years that have been any good at all.

That's because fans like you demand that the GM spend top-dollar on all the better free agents every offseason. Fans like you are too impatient to sit through 2-3 years of bad-to-mediocre baseball in order to let the guys the Mets drafted earn their MLB stripes.

Your idea of improving the team is trading a prospect or three for Matt Holliday as soon as Carlos Beltran lands on the 15-day DL for a strained hamstring.

Seriously. Look at who they've brought in recently. Beltran, Wagner, Delgado, Johan Santana, K-Rod, and probably a bunch of guys I'm forgetting. They routinely go out and compete (or get) the top guys on the market... and it just doesn't work. They need to go back and focus on developing their core from within, and quit bowing to pressure to just buy the top guys.

Amen!

Source on Mets:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/mets/2009...l-rock-cle.html

Source on Phils:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillie...e/53183857.html

Also, the Yankees will play at Dodger Stadium (near the end of the article):

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-...0,7675832.story

Yankees won!

We could just go play .500 ball (19-19) and win the division unless the Red Sox pull a 2007 Rockies.

And lose home field advantage throughout the playoffs to the Angels? That's not true Yankee logic!

:P

Considering the way the fall flies out of new Yankee Stadium, losing home-field advantage might not be such a bad thing for the Yankees....

Yankees won!

We could just go play .500 ball (19-19) and win the division unless the Red Sox pull a 2007 Rockies.

And lose home field advantage throughout the playoffs to the Angels? That's not true Yankee logic!

:P

Considering the way the fall flies out of new Yankee Stadium, losing home-field advantage might not be such a bad thing for the Yankees....

They are 41-18 at home....

The Buck Showalter Plan?

It's another "Stop Reel A Line Mint" ideas, must be a slow day at ESPN.

:wacko:

:censored: that. I can't get past the fact that an ESPN employee actually wrote and published this...

Sick and tired of Yankees-Red Sox? So am I, and I grew up in Boston going to Fenway Park. Every game is four hours long and they play each other 18 times a season. It's too much. It's way too much. The rivalry has become overblown and watered down. It's exhausting.

I'm sure he'll be suspended for that. Maybe even fired. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

The Buck Showalter Plan?

It's another "Stop Reel A Line Mint" ideas, must be a slow day at ESPN.

:wacko:

He WOULD want to drop the Rays. <_<

Rays take 2 of 3 from the Walker Texas Rangers. And the Yanks do the same to the Sox, so a game gained on each isn't a bad deal.

Big road trip to Toronto, and Detroit up next.

That's because fans like you demand that the GM spend top-dollar on all the better free agents every offseason. Fans like you are too impatient to sit through 2-3 years of bad-to-mediocre baseball in order to let the guys the Mets drafted earn their MLB stripes.

Your idea of improving the team is trading a prospect or three for Matt Holliday as soon as Carlos Beltran lands on the 15-day DL for a strained hamstring.

Heres the thing the Mets scouting and player development sytems are horrendous they dont turn out prospects out all, and when someone they call a five tool player comes up hes a big bust like Lanstings Miledge.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I feel like I just wasted my time reading that Showalter article. You just look at the Divisions the put together and can see flaws right away. Like why in the World would he claim the divisions are region based when the Pirates are in the same division with the Indians, Brewers and Twins and put the Rockies with the Braves, Tigers and Astros?

Plus, this thing would work much better if they just bumped the teams to 32 like the NFL, The only issue is, I would not want them to have a playoff format like the NFL because I like the idea of only 8 teams being able to make it. Maybe they could have 32 teams and 10 teams make the playoffs or something.

Didn't MLB move away from the congested AL & NL Easts and Wests (seven to eight teams per division before 1994) into the East/Central/West alignment to have more of a competitive format? I laughed at the teams in his Clement and Aaron Divisions as it's a hodgepodge at best. And after rereading the POS article, I didn't realize that his "plan" would eliminate two playoff spots, because that makes complete sense!

Didn't MLB move away from the congested AL & NL Easts and Wests (seven to eight teams per division before 1994) into the East/Central/West alignment to have more of a competitive format? I laughed at the teams in his Clement and Aaron Divisions as it's a hodgepodge at best. And after rereading the POS article, I didn't realize that his "plan" would eliminate two playoff spots, because that makes complete sense!

Actually, it was 7-7-6-6 until '93, when it became 7-7-7-7.

Once again, you [removed] that are saying "how can someone write this trash" are validating the reasoning for the writing right now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, it was 7-7-6-6 until '93, when it became 7-7-7-7.

Once again, you [removed] that are saying "how can someone write this trash" are validating the reasoning for the writing right now.

Thanks a lot. I don't always wiki things. In this case, maybe I should have.

Archived