GoDawgs08 Concept Thread

GoDawgs08

Im starting to throw together more and more concepts, so I figured I will start posting them all on the same thread. I recently did Missouri, Maryland and two Oregon concepts. I'm starting to fool around with some of the action templates from the paint users thread as well.

For starts I'm posting a new Titans concept and my second Ducks concept on action templates.

For the Titans I wanted to get rid of the shoulder panel, as well as the simple pants. I also got rid of the red, which I emphasized on my first Titans concept. I figured there is too many blue and red teams in sports...so I went with the two shades of blue. Just a simple modern design, and I didnt do much for logo placement...but I'm going to show the finished concept in detail on a flat template (like the one I've been using)

Titans Full View

Titans1.png

And heres my second take on the Ducks, however I went against my initial plan for this design and used some black (so this is really my third design). I just didnt think the gold worked well on the white jersey.

Ducks2.png

Ducks4.png

temp.png

I am actually a fan of red in Titans Concepts but that is the best Titans Concpet I have ever seen, no flaws looks great, same with the oregon Concept, I love that one, looks really cool with the wings incorpered in it.

Awesomw Job! Keep it up!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Here is another concept I have already done on a complete style sheet. It isnt quite as detailed once again, but I'm really just trying to present the overall look and feel of my concepts on action templates...again thanks to the creator of these! My MS Paint detailing skills are not fine tuned yet...as I'm having more trouble with these action templates as opposed to the regular style sheets where I can make things look crisp.

I do think this Maryland design looks better on the action template...expect more detailed versions of my concepts on action templates soon.

Terps1.png

Terps3.png

Terps2.png

temp.png

These look great, especially the Titans set, but you might want to add a more traditional view of the uniforms to go along with your action template. The Seahawks one in particular looks great, but it's hard to tell what's going on with the pants striping in your current template.

Honestly, I friggen' love that Titans set. It's very progressive, and really clean. I want to like the Seahawks, but like someone mentioned above, maybe throw in a traditional view to complement the action templates and show some of the blind spots that the current temps have. The Maryland, I like the concept, but I'm sure that it can translate on TV, or even from the stands. Though, I think the helmets, if you want to get real crazy, could be completely different. Hell, maybe throw some turtle shell design on those babies :P

Jaguars: I actually like the overall look of the Jaguars...even the predominantly black away set...but I did think their uniforms needed an upgrade. Fyi the pants design is just a wide stripe with lining. The jersey is just a newer design, which I've used for a Jags concept before...except this one is more simple. I also thought it would be imporant to have Teal pants.

Everything is implied to be interchangeable...but heres 6 of the 9 possible combos.

Jags.png

temp.png

Ok, you need to show some other views of the pants and sides of the jerseys, it is almost impossible to tell what they would actually look like, the templates are good, but they don't show the sides well, you might want to use bigmike's wide receiver template for that, because it works well. Other than that I like most of these concepts. The Jaguars have some potential, I just have a hard time visualizing the shoulders. Really, the Ducks are awesome, this is my favorite concept of yours. The Terps look nice, especially with the updates you made in your last thread. The Titans look good, but once again it is nearly impossible for me to see in my mind what the pants would look like. Also, for the Titans, I think you need to make the wordmarks smaller or just use the "titans" wordmark rather than "tennessee". Another thought for them would be to add the piping seen on the shoulders onto the helmet, gives it a little more consistency. Basically just match the helmet to the away shoulder design. Good work here overall, kudos for making very clean concepts on paint, most people here seem to think that paint is an excuse for getting pre-made templates of NFL teams and recoloring them, you prove here that this technique is not necessary. Oh, and good job straying from the same old templates, I mean not recycling the same template over and over like you used to. You getting much, much better...I can tell.

Titans: I LOVE THIS. So glad you dropped the red. And you gave them some unique striping, which they need with that helmet and those numbers, but you lost the shoulder yoke, which is the weakest part of that uniform. Finally, the helmet, jerseys, and pants all match. Fantastic job. It's the best Titans concept I've seen here.

Oregon: I really don't like the direction Oregon continues to go with their designs. But, that being said, the ones you made aren't nearly as bad as what they've got now. It's an improvement.

Maryland: Same as Oregon. But I'd like to see a new helmet. The old-school 'Terps' just doesn't match those unis.

Seahawks: Similar to the Titans. Love the loss of the shoulder yoke. The whole set seems to fit together now. I don't mind a little of the bright green in there (it makes them distinctive), but they're fine without it. Good job.

Jaguars: Another winner. I like that these don't just have layers and layers of teal, gold, and black. The Jags have great colors, but people tend to use a lot of all of them in concepts. I like that these focus on black and teal. Really liking the stripes on the arms. They give the feel of claw marks without going overboard. My only suggestion would be to lose the thin gold stripe on the pants. I don't think you need it, and it doesn't match the jersey stripes. Very good job.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Atlanta Falcons: Ok...yeah...I yoked the away jerseys. I like the Falcons current uniforms, but most people say they are too busy. I'm also not really a fan of a jersey that features a design under the armpit...the Falcons have that thing going on. I brought in a more simple design, and yes....yoked the away jersey. I also switched the away numbers to black for kicks...(like the original away jerseys from the late 60s).

** The pants are implied to be the same as they are now...Im going to throw in a few more action shots that will show that here in a sec.

Falcons.png

Still getting used to using MS Paint on templates like this...heres a rough look at the set from the side.

Falcons2.png

temp.png

My favorites in order

1. Seahawks, i just love those two shades of blue and how they interact

2. Titans, very clean and it seems to pop off my computer screen

3. Falcons, kinda mediocre but it could work

4. Jaguars, i just don't like because as you said, you didnt want to change much

5. Terps, the all black is nice, otherwise i dont like that color scheme and those shoulders dont seem to work either

6. Ducks, nothing against you I really dislike that school

as others have stated, that template is so-so. nice work, and i'd like to see you sneak some big 10 teams in there

Falcons=Vast Improvement over current set. Only gripe is that id like too see a side* and back profile to showcase the entire uniform. Looks great from the front though.

I was actually working on a concept similar to what you went for here. Ill have to ensure mine is unique

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived