Oakland Raiders

Audiodrama

Having not presented a concept in quite a long time, I felt the need to test my skills once again.

The Oakland Raiders don't need much change. They do, however, need to be tweaked. Their look is classic, something no football enthusiast would ever refute, even a Chiefs fan. Inconsistencies, though, mar their uniforms from being elite. They're on the cusp of visual greatness, but are falling ever so slightly short.

I present to you the new Oakland Raiders. (Yes, the facemask is black.) Feedback welcomed.

presentationoaklandraidqa5.jpg

I know I'm probably stupid, but other than maybe the collar and the facemask, what exactly did you change?

It's presented well and all, but I would've preferred your first concept in a while to be a little more...original? You're one of my favorite artists on here and I think you could do better.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Should have taken a chance and busted out some black britches for the roads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know I'm probably stupid, but other than maybe the collar and the facemask, what exactly did you change?

It's presented well and all, but I would've preferred your first concept in a while to be a little more...original? You're one of my favorite artists on here and I think you could do better.

I agree. All I can tell that is different is the colored sleeve stripe/collar, and maybe the logo on the pants. I know the Raiders have always had a classic look, but I for one would like to see something drastic for the Raiders.

I've got to agree with chesnutz, if you haven't done a concept in 18 months, then you might as well come in here and make a statement, but this looks exactly like their current threads. Anyone in the stands wouldn't be able to tell the difference, and it took me a second to figure out exactly what you changed. Sorry but their isn't any thought here at all.

I've got to agree with chesnutz, if you haven't done a concept in 18 months, then you might as well come in here and make a statement, but this looks exactly like their current threads. Anyone in the stands wouldn't be able to tell the difference, and it took me a second to figure out exactly what you changed. Sorry but their isn't any thought here at all.

That's the thing with the Raiders. If you're going to give it a try, go all out. Sure their uniforms are classic. But, seeing as how they seem to reach a new low almost every season, it's time for a change. Then maybe 20 years from now, they can go back the the throwback, a la Giants and Jets.

Who cares though? I would imagine the general idea of a concept is to make the ideal jersey situation for the team. If that is achieved by only a few minor tweaks, so be it. A concept doesn't have to be groundbreaking to be successful and he didn't claim to make any major changes because what they have now is classic and it pretty much just works.

That's the thing with the Raiders. If you're going to give it a try, go all out. Sure their uniforms are classic. But, seeing as how they seem to reach a new low almost every season, it's time for a change. Then maybe 20 years from now, they can go back the the throwback, a la Giants and Jets.

How about going a la Cardinals and touching up some details in the primary logo. A change did them some good, didn't it? :P

The logo is not ugly but it shows that it was designed a long, long time ago. In fact, it's a great logo and it deserves a better preservation. Even the Habs touched up their classic crest once or twice in the last 50 years.

GBM, yes some teams have such near perfect sets only a couple tweaks are needed. But A. it's the Raiders, who like Bohob said you can't just change the facemask on them and call it a concept, you need to go all out for them (just my opinion). and B. it's not exactly the best way to come back (no offense) after a long period of no concepts. Guarantee if an average fan saw the Raiders walk out onto the field in week 17 wearing these, they wouldn't notice a difference.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

lol. You guys are more brutal than I remember. Anyway, let me explain to you exactly what I changed, for those who are having a bit of trouble.

1. Added "RAIDERS" wordmark to chest of both jerseys.

2. Removed silver outline on black numerals on away jersey.

3. Moved TV numbers from sleeves to shoulders on both jerseys.

4. Changed facemask to black on helmet, from silver.

5. Made all numbers the same font. Finally.

6. Thinned the black pants stripe a bit.

7. Added small primary "Raiders" logo to hip on both sides of pants.

8. Changed lower socks to black, from white.

9. Made neck and sleeve collars silver, from black, on home jersey.

10. Made neck and sleeve collars black, from white, on away jersey.

Minor changes to the untrained eye. Each one of these modifications, however, improves a uniform set that is already considered one of the best in the league. I would've done an overhaul if they needed it, but they don't. I improved their set in the only way you can: by keeping their traditional, classic look but modifying it in places that would add class and uniformity.

I don't see a problem with the conservative route you took. Like you said, the Raiders are considered to have one of the best looks in the league. It's a pretty small change, but the tapered collar does give these a bit fiercer of a look. It's a minor thing that helps modernize them just a smidge. I like the addition of the wordmark, because without it you wouldn't necessarily know if this were a Raiders jersey or some generic jersey. Overall, I really like how these small tweaks changed the uniforms.

I think it is a good upgrade. The Raiders have a classic look, and you didn't go overboard at all with the tweaks you made. The black face mask is a winner in my book. So is the addition of 'Raiders' across the front. Great job on this.

Archived