Sports Identity Showdown Voting (Runners-Up)

ShinyHubCaps

I would like to thank everybody for helping me out for this, my first contest. I have done a lot of work, but I did so gladly because the forums here have been so supportive.

As suggested by some members, I will hold one last vote to see your favorite concepts out of those that did not quite make it (see the final voting round here). This vote is just for fun; no prizes will be awarded to these competitors, and anyone can vote. Again, though, as in other rounds, please list your top three favorite concepts to which we will assign points (3 points for 1st place, 2 for 2nd place, 1 for 3rd place). Anyone can vote, and competitors can vote for their own concepts if they would like.

This vote will close along with the other at end of day Friday, January 16, and winners will be announced that Saturday.

With that, I present to you the "best of the rest." Join me in appreciating these wonderful concepts one final time.

St. John's Beothuks (St. John's, NL) (7th in total points from Round 1)

Milwaukee Rangers (Milwaukee, WI) (8th in total points from Round 1)

Minneapolis Freeze (Minneapolis, MN) (7th in total votes received from Round 1)

New Orleans Jazz (New Olreans, LA) (10th in total votes received from Round 1)

Mesquite Clowns (Mesquite, TX) (11th in total points from Round 1)

Orange Roundabouts (Orange, CA) (12th in total points from Round 1)

These are the runners-up determined from a system that filters total points, total votes received, and first-place votes from Round 1.

Honorable mention goes to Wichita Flight (11th in first-place votes), Nassau Coconuts (12th in first-place votes), and all of the other concepts that helped make this contest a success.

You should clarify if we are allowed to or not to vote for our own projects. Just so we don't have a problem later.

Good job with the contest Hubs.

You can on this one. This is just for fun.

I know I have different rules for all 3 stages (Rd. 1, Finals, and Best of the Rest), but this one is just for fun and I don't feel like isolating anyone from voting the way they want. Anyone can vote, for themselves or for others.

And thanks, it was fun to put together.

1. Mesquite - Simple, clean and fun. Its the way kickball should be. I dig the stripped shorts. there needs to be a bandana somewhere.

2. New Orleans - Good wordmark, crazy trim and colors, very thematic.

3. St. Johns - Very classic design, not sure what a Beothuk is? It may be alittle to baseballish.

All good designs.

1st - Jazz

2nd - Freeze

3rd - Clowns

All of they are very good, I wish them all good luck. Nice work gentlemen (and or ladies).

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

So my concept (Nassau Coconuts) finished 14th? (I was 12th in first-place votes, and 2nd on the "honorable mention" after 7-12)

I'm not complaining in the least - just verifying. I'd like to thank everyone that voted for me - especially the first place votes! ^_^

1. Orange County

2. Mesquite

3. Milwaukee

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

1- Mesquite Clowns

2- Orange Roundabouts

3- Minneapolis Freeze

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

So my concept (Nassau Coconuts) finished 14th? (I was 12th in first-place votes, and 2nd on the "honorable mention" after 7-12)

I'm not complaining in the least - just verifying. I'd like to thank everyone that voted for me - especially the first place votes! ^_^

That is correct. The filter was to select the teams with the most points, then the most votes, and then use first-place votes as a tiebreaker or tertiary filter if needed. It was down to yours against Mesquite and Orange, and both of those concepts had more points and more total votes. Yours is interchangeable with Wichita for 13th-14th place overall.

I hope that explains it. :)

Archived