Branding the United States and Canada

MVP

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the logo that Ohio's been sporting on there plates for a few years now.

Ohio%20logo.gif

I think it's beautiful.

I don't know why there moving away from that one. It's much better than the new one. And I did finally see the new logo in use on some pamphlets and booklets while on the turnpike.

spacer.png

I wonder if Nevada had the little whatever you call it over the A before Michelle Obama's mispronunciation.

Yeah the Department of Tourism did that when I was in high school (pre-2006) to try and get people to pronounce the state name the way locals do. You'd be surprised how irritated most of us get when someone pronounces it "wrong". To say it the "wrong way" is sort of like pronouncing the "s" in Illinois

HumanitarianBowl.png

I think Illinois' is the worst of them all...

"Mile After Magnificent Mile" ...I live in Illinois nothing is magnificent of corn and bean fields.

North Dakota's is my favorite.

On an unrelated subject, does anyone have an idea as to why I can't start my own topics? I have a concept I want to post and it won't work.

Saskatchewan's Tourism industry is divided into a number of different sub-areas:

Southwest

sw_logo.gif

Northern

north_logo.gif

East Central

ec_logo.gif

West Central

wc_logo.gif

Southeast

se_logo.gif

Regina

header_middle.gif

Saskatoon

Culture%20Shines%20Logo%20Final.jpg

North is awesome, Southeast is weak.

Rest aren't bad...I think the Saskatoon one is supposed to represent northern lights.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived