This just in... Hall of Fame Game 2009

CoasterLine

couldn't be happier :D

can't wait to buy my jevon kearse houston oilers jersey.

a jevon kearse oilers jersey? i think i'm gonna be sick. I know bud owns the name, but jevon kearse is not an oiler nor was he ever one. bud is cheapening his own team's history if he is selling throwbacks with current players' names on it. i have given bud a few of my dollars to buy oilers throwback stuff. I recently bought a throwback shirt that celebrates the HOUSTON Oilers 2 AFL titles. but to see a tennessee team looking like my old oilers pisses me off.

a jevon kearse oilers jersey? i think i'm gonna be sick. I know bud owns the name, but jevon kearse is not an oiler nor was he ever one. bud is cheapening his own team's history if he is selling throwbacks with current players' names on it. i have given bud a few of my dollars to buy oilers throwback stuff. I recently bought a throwback shirt that celebrates the HOUSTON Oilers 2 AFL titles. but to see a tennessee team looking like my old oilers pisses me off.

Really, Houston's angst over this is really unjustified. The Titans were the Tennessee Oilers for two seasons after all.

More importantly though, Houston got a new team. They no longer have a reason to be bitter over losing the Oilers.

Really, Houston's angst over this is really unjustified. The Titans were the Tennessee Oilers for two seasons after all.

More importantly though, Houston got a new team. They no longer have a reason to be bitter over losing the Oilers.

Have you ever been a fan of a franchise that moved away? It's not exactly fun to see something you shed tears over because you cared so much for them to just turn their back on you and move to another city. I stuck with them after all of the playoffs chokes, after 35-3, only to see them leave. Would you hold a grudge against your ex-wife who cheated on you, or would that end as soon as you got re-married?

I'm sorry, but I get to decide if my angst over the Titans wearing Oiler uniforms is justified or not. I love the Texans, but I'll be bitter over losing the Oilers for the rest of my life. I wish only bad things for that franchise. Nothing against Titan fans in Nashville, everything against the worst owner is professional sports. Is it a coincidence that Bud Adams is the only founding AFL owner not in the hall of fame?

Sorry, but to me the Titans are not the Oilers, once a team leaves a town or a name behind, I think they lose that identity. Could you imagine if the Browns were not back in the league and the Ravens wore those uniforms in a throwback game? Or maybe they could go ahead and wear Colts uni's in game.

I know it wouldn't make sense, but they should have kept the name and the identity. I don't think it hurts other franchises--Los Angeles Lakers? Utah Jazz?

Thoughts?

...and I would have preferred the Oklahoma City Sonics.

CLHEL2.png

he may have never been an oiler, but he'll sure dress us as one a few times this year...

making his jersey a nice addition to my collection :)

<3 oilers

<3 titans

<3 the freak

Interesting thing and I know this has been discussed before in a thread.

What if Lamar Hunt had taken the Texans to New Orleans rather than Kansas City? Other interesting items to note: As the merger was taking place, the Jets were to be shifted to Memphis and the Raiders to Portland. I wonder what the Jets franchise would have been called. Paul Brown contacted Pete Rozelle about an expansion franchise after the Saints had been awarded. Rozelle asked him to set up his franchise in the AFL and wanted it in Seattle, but Brown insisted on Cincinnati. So here is an interesting what if?

1960: The Cards move to Minneapolis and Max Winter becomes a partner with the Bidwell. The AFL Minnesota franchise shifts to Buffalo as it originally happened. With Minneapolis not getting an expansion franchise, Dallas (1960) and Houston, not St. Louis, gets the next NFL franchise. So now the NFL is head-to-head in two Texas cities - Dallas and Houston.

1963: Both AFL Texas franchises move. Dallas to New Orleans, Houston to either Miami, Louisville or St. Louis (I say Miami).

1965/66: Peace between the leagues. Atlanta gets an NFL franchise. Kansas City gets an AFL franchise.

1967: Missouri politicians are holding up the merger. St. Louis gets an NFL franchise. Jets and Raiders don't move

1968: Cincinnati gets an AFL franchise

1969: Realignment. Cleveland owner Art Modell, who was in favor of switching leagues, convinces the Rooneys to join him (true story); Baltimore comes into the fold as well.

1970: NFC: Philly, NYG, Wash, Atl, St. Louis/Minn, GB, Det, Chic/SF, LA, Hou, Dallas

AFC: Balt, NYJ, Buff, NE, Mia/Pitt, Cleve, NO, Cinn/SD, Den, KC, Oak

Expansion: Seattle stays in NFC, Tampa stays in AFC (a nod to Rozelle who always wanted Seattle as an NFL city) Tampa plays in AFC Central, Seattle in NFC west

Expansion: Carolina, Jax. Carolina to AFC, Jax to NFC to give the NFC a Florida franchise.

Expansion: Memphis to AFC, Birmingham to NFC

Have you ever been a fan of a franchise that moved away? It's not exactly fun to see something you shed tears over because you cared so much for them to just turn their back on you and move to another city. I stuck with them after all of the playoffs chokes, after 35-3, only to see them leave. Would you hold a grudge against your ex-wife who cheated on you, or would that end as soon as you got re-married?

I'm sorry, but I get to decide if my angst over the Titans wearing Oiler uniforms is justified or not. I love the Texans, but I'll be bitter over losing the Oilers for the rest of my life. I wish only bad things for that franchise. Nothing against Titan fans in Nashville, everything against the worst owner is professional sports. Is it a coincidence that Bud Adams is the only founding AFL owner not in the hall of fame?

We are all Oilers.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They no longer have a reason to be bitter over losing the Oilers.

Eff you. How's that for bitter? :)

Sorry, but to me the Titans are not the Oilers, once a team leaves a town or a name behind, I think they lose that identity

I agree.

FsQiF2W.png

was the t-shirt light blue with white ink for the graphic?

Helmet graphics from the upcoming AFL 50th anniversary:

HoustonOilersBuffaloBills_TBHelmets.gif

Outstanding. I can't wait for those old Oilers uniforms. Damn am I old. I remember the days of the single bar helmet logos like it was yesterday. Yes folks, I was actually there.

BB52Big.jpg

Helmet graphics from the upcoming AFL 50th anniversary:

HoustonOilersBuffaloBills_TBHelmets.gif

Outstanding. I can't wait for those old Oilers uniforms. Damn am I old. I remember the days of the single bar helmet logos like it was yesterday. Yes folks, I was actually there.

Hell, if they all used the single-bar helmets, I'd watch the entire game.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

was the t-shirt light blue with white ink for the graphic?

It looked just like this shirt, except it was columbia blue instead of gray.

oilersshirt.jpg

Archived