salejerseys.com

charger77

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a Phillies road jersey, an Ovechkin home jersey, and a Liverpool home kit. Except for the Liverpool kit, I could not tell the difference between an AUTHENTIC and the lightinthebox.com version, with one exception. The Ovechkin jersey had a one-ply vinyl screened shoulder patch. The patch was sewn to the jersey, but the logo was screened to the patch. The front crest was nicer than any true authentic jersey I had ever seen. Lightinthebox is a definite recommendation from me.

I bought a Phillies road jersey, an Ovechkin home jersey, and a Liverpool home kit. Except for the Liverpool kit, I could not tell the difference between an AUTHENTIC and the lightinthebox.com version, with one exception. The Ovechkin jersey had a one-ply vinyl screened shoulder patch. The patch was sewn to the jersey, but the logo was screened to the patch. The front crest was nicer than any true authentic jersey I had ever seen. Lightinthebox is a definite recommendation from me.

Thats how they are on the relicas that are for sale in the U.S. Did the Ovechkin jersey have the jock tag on the front?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Just got it in the mail...I'll post pictures tonight but...its close but not really that close. Logos and numbers are correct, but not stitched as well as the real thing. Everything is tackle twill, the name on the back looks like the wrong color, the tagging is incorrect, etc. Its marked authentic but it has no fight strap and the hems are straight. No jocktag.

Its not an awful jersey by any means, just don't expect to get the real deal. Defiantly one of the best knock offs I've seen personally, but I haven't seen that many either in person.

Can you post pics of the Ovechkin jersey (front and back)

Thanks,

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

While I'm not a authentic fanatic (where everything has to have a fight strap, etc.) and replica jerseys make up the majority of my collection, I draw the line at knockoffs 99.8% of the time. They just don't do it for me since so many of the details are off. Shiny numbers, fonts that are slightly off at best and historically inaccurate quite often. It just adds up to too many issues. They also tend to not run true to the size they are tagged as more often than not.

"You get what you pay for" has never been more true than with knockoff jerseys. The trick is knowing you are getting a knockoff and not overpaying for if you choose to buy one. I can't stand the ebay sellers that claim their item "retails for $300". NO, a legit jersey might retail for $300, but your knockoff retails for $24.99 and to try to trick someone into thinking they are getting the real thing for 50%-80% off is deceiving.

I'm surprised at how prevalent they've become. Ebay is choking to death with them. I was really shocked to see them being sold openly at TwinsFest, in direct competition with the team's own proshop, inside the team's own stadium!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Actually, like 5 minutes ago I figured F it and bought a home Malkin Penguins jersey.

$29.99 for the jersey.

$14.99 for standard shipping.

$44.98 all together.

I'll post updates on the process and post pics when I get it.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Wow. This thread gets bumped right when I searched for it. I found LITB by a google adwords link, and was stunned at some of the cheap soccer stuff. I'm not a fan as much of soccer as a sport as i am of the business, history, traditions, and adaptations (like classic jerseys on modern templates, etc; seeing how they morph and what works/doesn't work) of it.

With that in mind, they're showing KITS for like $12-14. Top and shorts. Including the just-for-Becks LA Galaxy, Hotspur, Chelsea, Barca...Mexican National Team Aways...and even offering a name or number personalization for $3.

And check the clearance section. Multi-packs of jerseys. Nine Houston Rockets jerseys of various sizes (including 3 different numbers for T-Mac, apparently, per the description. Lol.) for $50. Seven Miami Heat Jerseys (D-Wade and apparently "Nam Morrison") for $40.

It looks fake, but two gold Wizards tops for $17.

Or for $300 you can apparently get 28 Chris Long Rams jerseys. Huh?

The main reason I sought out this thread is because I saw a jersey that was both hated and beloved when it was released...and I thought those who loved it would want to know how to get it cheap. I give you....Olympique....Argyleness. For $13.

As a casual soccer supporter and uni nut...$13 for a soccer set might not break the bank. And considering the close-enough-for-the-money reviews...I may have to do some shopping myself.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Ugh, however, I may have to be careful and test it first. All the site's reviews are positive; almost all the other reviews are negative. Granted, the negative stuff is from people trying to score an iPhone on the cheap, or a Wii or DS with a ton of games, or tailor made dresses. Hmm. While a shirt can be shoddy or fall apart, at least it can't be non-compatible or custom-fitted wrong.

Curious to hear more from those who've already ordered.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

lightinthebox.com update #1

My order was placed thursday evening

on friday my cc was charged to a company in san jose

on satrday am I got an email saying I will have my jersey in about 15 business days.

Details as they come.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. The letter font looks off and the number font looks a tad off too. I'm sure the material on the logo is also different than that of a real authentic. Overall though, it could fool the average fan.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived