When Did Chuck E. Cheese Rebrand?

rmackman

I just now noticed they'd changed their logo, but I'm willing to bet this was done a long time ago.

OLD

080303_chuck_e_cheese.jpg

NEW

chucke_cheese.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I just now noticed they'd changed their logo...

'Cause you swing your beat at the playground?

Maybe he has a kid that he took there?

My 8 year old cousin.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I just now noticed they'd changed their logo...

'Cause you swing your beat at the playground?

Maybe he has a kid that he took there?

My 8 year old cousin.

"Eight year olds, dude."

...Nah, I never even meant anything by it. It was a forced reference to the song by Another Bad Creation, that didn't really fit.

I remember back in the day when it wasn't Chuck E. Cheese's...it was called Show-Biz.

I remember that too. In fact, when it was still Showbiz Pizza, Chuck E. Cheese was the mascot for the chain. Oh, how I miss watching those commercials on the Fox Kids Network. I'm having flashbacks of watching "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" right now.

He's had the look for awhile. He's supposed to look "active" so he looks like less of an a-hole when they have commercials, er, underwriting on PBS.

And I, too, recall being all keyed up to go to Showbiz Pizza. I even remember that "saved up all my nickels and dimes..." song. But I can't stand taking my kids to it now.

I remember back in the day when it wasn't Chuck E. Cheese's...it was called Show-Biz.

I remember that too. In fact, when it was still Showbiz Pizza, Chuck E. Cheese was the mascot for the chain. Oh, how I miss watching those commercials on the Fox Kids Network. I'm having flashbacks of watching "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" right now.

Are you guys sure about that? I seem to remember Showbiz and Chuck E. Cheese competing. Showbiz's mascot was a bear.

EDIT: Apparently we're all correct. Cheese's went bankrupt in 84 and Showbiz bought their assets and later converted to the Cheese's brand.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Are you guys sure about that? I seem to remember Showbiz and Chuck E. Cheese competing. Showbiz's mascot was a bear.

EDIT: Apparently we're all correct. Cheese's went bankrupt in 84 and Showbiz bought their assets and later converted to the Cheese's brand.

I was about to say-I definitely remember collecting "Billy Bob bucks" (their "Mountain" bear mascot) before they converted to...um...whatever they call the tickets now. It's been years since I last ventured into one, but IIRC they still had the bear in their animatronic band.

/the pizza was horrible-that's my other memory.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I was about to say-I definitely remember collecting "Billy Bob bucks" (their "Mountain" bear mascot) before they converted to...um...whatever they call the tickets now. It's been years since I last ventured into one, but IIRC they still had the bear in their animatronic band.

showbiz.jpg

spacer.png

showbiz.jpg

Now that you guys have gotten me even more interested.

http://www.showbizpizza.com/home.html

Anyhow, it seemed much cooler whenever I was a kid.

I took my little cousin about a year ago...and what a DUMP! Every machine/ride was broken, there was kid piss all in the plastic ball pool, the workers are ghetto, and the food was crap. Maybe I was just young and dumb when I thought it was cool.

Anyhow, it seemed much cooler whenever I was a kid.

I took my little cousin about a year ago...and what a DUMP! Every machine/ride was broken, there was kid piss all in the plastic ball pool, the workers are ghetto, and the food was crap. Maybe I was just young and dumb when I thought it was cool.

Wow they have a photo of the original Chuck E. Cheese on that website!

character_cec.jpg

spacer.png

Archived