Buffalo Bandits to unveil third jersey

Top Shelf

Why hasn't this league folded? I mean its a sweet league but in this EC (economic crisis) why is this league still around?

Maybe in Denver fans don't come out, but in Buffalo they sell out damn near every game--- that's 18,690 tickets!!!

As far as I know, Buffalo, Philadelphia and Toronto have always had great fan support....

Actually, the Colorado Mammoth have led the league in attendance ever since their inception, and often outdraw the Nuggets and the Avalanche...

And so far this season the Swarm have averaged over 11,000 per game, compared to just over 10,000 per game in '08.

I think that the reason the league is doing alright is because its cheap to go to games and the product isn't half bad either. Tickets cost right around $20 give or take a few bucks for the Bandits. Lacrosse tends to be an exciting game, and the crowd, at least in Buffalo, is always very exciting.

And perhaps most importantly of all, NLL team expenses are a fraction of those of teams in other leagues, mainly because their players (who still work "real" jobs during the week) only earn five-figure salaries from playing in this league.

The Rock haven't been drawing as well the past couple years, but still manage to hit around 10,000 a game.

Viper's right. The fact that these guys don't make millions help, and I think that's also a big selling point too. I know alot of people who go to Rock games because they feel like these guy play strictly for the love of the game and admire that.

To build on SG30's point, the tickets are affordable for sure, but it seems like they are cheeper in Buffalo. Rock tickets range from 27.00 to 74.00. Of course, compaired to paying almost 500 a ticket for the goods seats at a leafs game...that's a steal.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Viper....the pics [of the Swarm camo alts] aren't loading for me! :(

That's odd, I can see them. I wonder if it's because they're posted on Facebook. I don't see why that would matter though, because I make all my game photos visible to the public.

OK, here's Plan B: I'll just link to the entire photo album for this game, so you can see the two I posted, and all the others.

CCSLC signature.png

And here's the final product:

jersey.jpg

Well, if that isn't giving a potentially good idea the R. Kelly treatment, I don't know what is. The initial blurry image, with the orange portions darker and shaded into the black, was heaps better. And good Christ, what is that font? That belongs nowhere near a sports uniform. And the different color city and team name on each sleeve - just atrocious. Honestly, it looks like some kind of Halloween charity one-off.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's goofy, sublimated stuff, but hey, that's what the NLL is all about. And it sure beats the living hell out of the Bandits' black jersey.

Oh my God, the black jersey is perhaps the worst jersey in sports history. This one, although much better, isn't very good. The design harks back to 1996 in sports design. I don't like the generic "BUFFALO", nor "BANDITS" either.

Why hasn't this league folded? I mean its a sweet league but in this EC (economic crisis) why is this league still around?

Isn't your location Colorado?! Can you even get a ticket to a Mammoth game? And Denver isn't even your traditional lacrosse market, outdoor or indoor.

BTW, several players debuted these tonight at HSBC Arena during the Sabres/Sharks game. They were wearing them as they tossed t-shirts to the crowd from various sections.

steenhuis-tavares-celebrate.jpg

I don't like the orange numbers on the orange shoulders. Maybe if they were outlined in black instead of or in addition to the white. All in all, the more I saw these in action last night, the more I liked them. Of course winning by 15 might have helped that. They reminded me of our original uniforms too, and are much better than the blacks.

Also, I really like the shorts.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived