MLB St. Patrick's Day

calhof2007

Has anybody heard if all 30 MLB teams are wearing green on St. Patrick's Day? It would be similar to the promotional stunt the MLB did on the Fourth of July and September 11.

Usually its up to each team, but I know the Blue Jays are off on March 17th, but it wouldn't surprise me if they wear them the day before against Boston.

I was on the Orioles MLB.com shop and I noticed they are advertising an O's kelly green hat. The Orioles have never worn green before and I was wondering if they are doing it this year. Personally, I think it would be pretty cool. I guess every team couldn't wear a green jersey but they could at least all wear a green hat.

O's Kelly Green hat

Well for Spring Training I don't think it would be that big of a deal for both sides to wear green jerseys. I know the White Sox have worn their home uniforms before just green instead of black. That would be cool if some teams did that.

I was on the Orioles MLB.com shop and I noticed they are advertising an O's kelly green hat. The Orioles have never worn green before and I was wondering if they are doing it this year. Personally, I think it would be pretty cool. I guess every team couldn't wear a green jersey but they could at least all wear a green hat.

O's Kelly Green hat

Well some teams wear the normal unis with green caps, other wear green jerseys, and some do both. I know the Phils, Red Sox, and a few others in Florida go all out, and some like Washington, the Mets, and Cardinals wear the caps only.

O's Kelly Green hat

Well some teams wear the normal unis with green caps, other wear green jerseys, and some do both. I know the Phils, Red Sox, and a few others in Florida go all out, and some like Washington, the Mets, and Cardinals wear the caps only.

i dont know if the mets wear jerseys or hats, but i do know they sell green player jersey tshirts in modells. i think it would look cool if every team wore green jerseys and hats, or atleast hats on st.pats day. OT but the also sell mets orange tshrts and blue tshirt player jerseys , i think it would be cool if the mets did an orange alt and a blue alt jersey

Mets, Jets, Islanders

i dont know if the mets wear jerseys or hats, but i do know they sell green player jersey tshirts in modells. i think it would look cool if every team wore green jerseys and hats, or atleast hats on st.pats day. OT but the also sell mets orange tshrts and blue tshirt player jerseys , i think it would be cool if the mets did an orange alt and a blue alt jersey

As long as they don't do that on St. Paddy's Day.

I think it would be cool to see every team in kelly green. I'd especially like to see the old english D on a kelly green hat down on the field, that'd be awesome.

spacer.png

It would be a good way for the MLB to make more money in this economic crisis to have teams wear green because they know suckers like me would buy that merchandise! Don't the Red Sox also wear green once during the regular season? I think they did it recently but it may have been a tribute to Red Auerbach.

The Nats gave out Green hats on Sept. 17th to symbolize halfway to St. Patrick's Day.

Halfway to holiday? Man, the Nats keep finding new ways to do things wrong.

The White Sox have actually done that for a while. I don't know how long they have done it for, but I assume they do half way so they can wear their green during the regular season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well for Spring Training I don't think it would be that big of a deal for both sides to wear green jerseys. I know the White Sox have worn their home uniforms before just green instead of black. That would be cool if some teams did that.

Yeah we've done that for quite a few years I think. They have a "Halfway to St. Patrick's Day" promotion. They had it this past year but was rained out.

2IA3b.png

It would be a good way for the MLB to make more money in this economic crisis to have teams wear green because they know suckers like me would buy that merchandise! Don't the Red Sox also wear green once during the regular season? I think they did it recently but it may have been a tribute to Red Auerbach.

In 2007 they wore them to honor Red, in 2008 they wore slightly different green jerseys (white piping down the sides and no nameplates) for the Celtics championship.

In 2007 they wore them to honor Red, in 2008 they wore slightly different green jerseys (white piping down the sides and no nameplates) for the Celtics championship.

Thanks for clarifying.

The Nats gave out Green hats on Sept. 17th to symbolize halfway to St. Patrick's Day.

And yet the Nats are one of the only teams not participating in the actual St. Patrick's Day promotion. (Fair enough, actually; the Nats have no clue what their team colors are these days, so it's probably a good thing they don't confuse themselves by adding green.)

Every year this promotion makes me wish that the Red Sox would switch from navy to green. The green Red Sox cap with the red B is just such a thing of beauty; it's a shame the team insists on using dark navy like the Yankees instead.

20082614447.png

And yet the Nats are one of the only teams not participating in the actual St. Patrick's Day promotion. (Fair enough, actually; the Nats have no clue what their team colors are these days, so it's probably a good thing they don't confuse themselves by adding green.)

Every year this promotion makes me wish that the Red Sox would switch from navy to green. The green Red Sox cap with the red B is just such a thing of beauty; it's a shame the team insists on using dark navy like the Yankees instead.

To further add insult, it's one of the few times that they have Guinness :cry:

I guess it's too much to ask teams to wear their team colors on St. Patrick's Day since a vast majority of teams don't have green anywhere in their color scheme. And this isn't a rip on MLB only because the NBA is just as bad with it. They devote an entire week to it.

Just tired of the sheep mentality of teams wearing colors other than their state color scheme and fans nodding along in a hypnotic state and buying said merchandise. Ugh.

I guess it's too much to ask teams to wear their team colors on St. Patrick's Day since a vast majority of teams don't have green anywhere in their color scheme. And this isn't a rip on MLB only because the NBA is just as bad with it. They devote an entire week to it.

Just tired of the sheep mentality of teams wearing colors other than their state color scheme and fans nodding along in a hypnotic state and buying said merchandise. Ugh.

Oh, look at that all that Green:

http://shop.nhl.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3459152

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categ...&cp=3040011

http://www.nflshop.com/category/index.jsp?...2009_StPatsGear

http://store.nascar.com/family/index.jsp?c..._newarrivals_13

No NBA gear right now.

Archived