Drew's NCAA Basketball Concepts

Drew22

Not much to explain, but I'm not a big fan of Miami's current jerseys, especially the black road ones. I took the good stuff out of the old ones, and added some of my own.

miamiconcept.png

I'll definitely do more college basketball concepts. Any suggestions?

Thanks to Scotty for the template. It's awesome.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I don't know how I feel about the wordmark running up the side of the uniform. It looks more like a track outfit of sorts. I understand it's the innovative part of your concept, but I don't know how realistic it could be. It's well executed by all means, I just can't see it on the hardwood. Can't wait to see what you put out next.

Good looks, but I got a few suggestions. First I would try to change up the colors of the wordmark and numbers, it might add a little more contrast. Especially on the green set, the collar, number, and outermost piping all being orange seems a bit too monotone. Maybe something like keeping the "miami" green but making the numbers white? Also, on the template don't forget to color in the white path behind the collar ;) Besides that I like seeing my template being put to good use, keep it coming.

i like what scotty says about needing more contrast...that's my biggest problem with the current sets. no outline, no shadow, nothing. i dont think the font works at all with a basketball uniform, but i guess we all know it isnt going anywhere, haha. like where you're going with it, though..

everton.png

I'm not sure how the name down the sides would look in real use. With players tucking in their jerseys in various different ways I don't think they would look the same on all players. Also with player movement, they would also be difficult to see. I like the originality of what you are trying to do, but I'm just not sure it would work. This idea may be difficult to pull off.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I think you should stay in the ACC and do Florida State.

As far as Miami, I have the same worries as others when it comes to tucking in those side panels, It is still a cool idea though. I like that Green jersey the best.

I don't know why, I'm always like this, but I like it when the wordmark and number on the front are different colors. So on the home jersey I would like to see one of them white, and on the away one of them orange. Maybe I'm alone but that's just me. Otherwise, I like it a lot except I think the collar should either be the main jersey color or have two colors. Nice.

UPDATE:

miamiconcept2.png

Who should I do next?

I'm a fan of the HURRI CANES on the side... but I'd probably keep it on the right side (player's left) only.

Actually, the nickname on the side thing may work well for a team like Oregon that has already shown that they're OK with only numbers and not a team name on the front of the jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived