The NFL Spring League

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love what you are doing here. Not all the uniforms are alike, but they are all new-age designs IMO. Some of the color schemes might be a little similar, but that is bound to happen. I love everything so far, I just wouldn't be scared of using a color combo like the NY Jets do, White and one color. It can be very classy. Not every combo has to have 3 or 4 colors in it. The logos are great and I have no complaints. Keep it up.

I was thinking of mascot options for Albuquerque and I came up with a couple of thoughts. Chile Peppers are a fabric of the cuisine there. Lots of different types of peppers. Not sure how this would translate to a logo, but they've got the big balloon fiesta there in the fall. Also, kind of along the lines of the "Spirit" idea, New Mexico is the Land of Enchantment. The sunsets are incredible (supposedly due to large amounts of atmospheric dust). Also, old Route 66 goes right through town and they seem to be pretty proud of that. Roadrunner is the state bird, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks to everyone for the comments on that last one, I'm glad it went over so well.

I was thinking of mascot options for Albuquerque and I came up with a couple of thoughts. Chile Peppers are a fabric of the cuisine there. Lots of different types of peppers. Not sure how this would translate to a logo, but they've got the big balloon fiesta there in the fall. Also, kind of along the lines of the "Spirit" idea, New Mexico is the Land of Enchantment. The sunsets are incredible (supposedly due to large amounts of atmospheric dust). Also, old Route 66 goes right through town and they seem to be pretty proud of that. Roadrunner is the state bird, if I'm not mistaken.

Glad to get some input here 'cause I really haven't gotten much further with those missing nicknames. The chili pepper idea is very interesting. I don't think I'll be able to use it here because it sounds like it would end up looking like a single-A baseball team, but it is thought provoking. Roadrunners is the name I was sitting on as a fall-back. It would fit, be fairly different, and I think I could make it work. The Spirit idea has my attention... I grew up near Winston-Salem, NC and before they were the "Dash" (stupid) or even the "Warthogs," the W-S baseball team was the Spirits, and I've always loved that name. And it could take on all kinds of visual styles.

I'll see what I can come up with, thanks for the suggestions.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

#8: Norfolk Tritons

Logo.png

I went with a simple, iconic (hopefully) logo: A trident. I think it's instantly identifiable and can stand alone. The Tritons' colors are just navy blue and orange. I tried a couple of different orientations of the trident on the helmet, but the one that worked the best was the upright version.

The uniforms are a little different. I was trying an ocean/trident motif. It's out there, but I think it's working. The Tritons wear navy helmets, navy jerseys, white pants at home. White jerseys with white pants on the road. Alternate sets with blue pants are included. I tried a few orange jerseys, but the stripes never lined up and I didn't like the way any of them came out. I may revisit the orange alternate.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

I havent commented in a while, but those look great! My favorite out of these so far is the Scorpians, I really like this concept too, all of your logos are outstanding as well. I cant wait to see what you will do for Birmigham and Mobile

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

This is another solid concept and I love the logo. I think an orange alternate could work out just fine. Any alternates? Maybe a full body logo like the one in the statue.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Wow. Not much else can be said. The primary logo is excellent (although when viewed from a distance it looks more gray than white, so you might want to eliminate that beveling and make it all white), the colors are awesome, and that's a totally new striping pattern that, while fairly wild and busy, still looks awesome. I'm usually not a big fan of "swooshy" pants like these, but it looks excellent here. Well done. If I were you, I'd eliminate the gray shading on the logo like I said earlier, but all in all this is amazing.

scotland_fifasig.png

Excellent work. One of my favorite things about your work is your willingness to play around with totally new color combos and uniform designs. Copper, purple, and silver is a combo I never would've though of, but it works really well. I'm continually impressed by your work- you seem to one up yourself each time! Impressive. You should branch out to other sports. If you're half as good as, say, baseball, as you are at football, those concepts would look awesome.

Make a United State Winter Baseball League!

IowaOaks.png

Excellent work. One of my favorite things about your work is your willingness to play around with totally new color combos and uniform designs. Copper, purple, and silver is a combo I never would've though of, but it works really well. I'm continually impressed by your work- you seem to one up yourself each time! Impressive. You should branch out to other sports. If you're half as good as, say, baseball, as you are at football, those concepts would look awesome.

I would love to see that project to!

jNTsTyQ.png

I like the Tritons one and I think it would be cooler if the team was from Virginia Beach, because the name would be a nice homage to this statue:

virginia_beach_9831.jpg

I like the idea of this team being in Norfolk. It's like an update to the Norfolk Neptunes of the CFL (circa late 1960's). Dgnmrwrw, is that where you got the idea for the name?

Thanks to all for the comments.

This project is awfully similar to my WLAF2 series.

? Sorry, I don't know it.

[i like the idea of this team being in Norfolk. It's like an update to the Norfolk Neptunes of the CFL (circa late 1960's). Dgnmrwrw, is that where you got the idea for the name?

I honestly don't think I've heard of the Neptunes. I was just trying to go with a nautical theme in general. I'll check out the old Neptunes though.

They'd have to play in the far south. Baseball players don't do cold like football players.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I will eventually be doing another sport, but right now I'm only halfway finished with this one, so I have no ideas what it will be.

Well, the next concept I was hoping to post was the San Jose Grizzlies. But if any of you have seen AAO's Chicago Bears concept he posted recently, mine was going to be almost a dead ringer for that, so now I'm gonna have to go back and change it up. I may lose the 'Grizzlies' nickname altogether. I'm not sure.

But regardless, I'll be posting a different team instead, hopefully soon.

#9: El Paso Blaze

Logo.png

I struggled with this identity for a while. The colors are orange, purple, and yellow. This incarnation is very different from what I started with, a 'B' surrounded by fire on both sides. But I think this logo works, because I am using the flames on the helmet.

The uniforms are interesting... I wanted to use the flame motif and keep the same color progression (white>yellow>orange>purple), but I didn't want to have flames all over the uniform. So I went with this gradation, from white to purple. I think it's working ok, but I'm open to changing it. I had been using a more organic design, with curved lines and piping, but I didn't want this design to look like anything I'd produced before.

Anyway, the blaze wear orange helmets, orange jerseys, white pants at home. White jerseys and orange pants on the road. Alternate home and road sets included.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Archived