The NFL Spring League

dgnmrwrw

This entire series is great! Gotta say, I thinnk the execution on each concept is very well thought out, and the flow is superb, even on the teams I didn't like per se (nicknames). My faves have to be the Mudbugs. Reminds me of the original London Monarchs (WLAF) set, except blue was their primary.

Edge's overall rating: A+ so far......

And...........ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Post #450.......tel him what he's won Johnny......oh, nothing. never mind then.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#11: San Jose Grizzlies

Logo.png

I'm back, finally. I decided to keep this name. I really liked the logo I was working on, and it ended up not looking too much like AAO's Bears concept. Colors are green and grey, with brown included in the logos only. Here's the secondary logo, a stylized SJ inside a grizzly bear's paw.

The uniforms are very simple and clean. Five claw marks on each side of the jersey and the pants. I have played around with using some piping running from the jersey through the pants to anchor the claw marks, but I liked this look better. The piping looked really forced. But I'm not sure this is the optimal solution and thus I'm open to tweaking the jersey. The Grizzlies wear green helmets, green jerseys, grey pants at home. White jerseys and green pants on the road. Home and road alternate sets included.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

***Note: This is the first of these concepts I've been able to use Illustrator on. I used it here on the logos, but not the uniforms since I got into a groove with the Paint templates. Once this project is done, I'm hoping to go back and redo some of the logos and uniforms in Illustrator, and hopefully create action template shots for all the teams.***

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Yes. This is another excellent concept. Something about the logo that is a bit I-don't-know-odd-off-something to me. Otherwise, the execution is great. Love the claw marks on the jersies and pants. Looks cool. Good color use and separation. Paw print SJ logo would be cool to see too (the sleve logo). I think the brown triangle behind the bear (near the open mouth) might have to go though and move the white outline in to compensate. Maybe that's what I'm feeling is off....

Anyway, A for now...might be an A+ after the tweak.

This is a good concept with the potential to be great. On the primary logo the eye looks off to me and I think it needs to be tweaked. Also the jerseys are pretty plain but they look nice. With a couple tweaks this could be the best of the series.

g4104.png

I agree with edge1, there is something just not sitting right with me with the primary logo. I think it is the, for lack of a better descriptive word, fat roll behind the ear. If you connect the ear with the forehead line (I hope that makes sense) that should round out the primary logo. Also, just an aesthetic opinion of mine, the claw marks on the jersey, bring them all the way around the back, to give the impression of a good bear mauling (well it'll give just a hint more color in the jersey too). I'd say do it to the pants too, but from behind it would probably look like you were chasing Tron. I dunno. Just my C&C, but overall, I like this concept and I really dig some of the other work you've done in this series.

~UJ

I really like the logo, however I would recommend using a darker brown than currently as the shading. The two shades you use now are so similar it loses some definition, especially when you show them zoomed out on the helmets.

Otherwise, I like it alot, but I feel the jerseys could have brown integrated into them.

I think the brown triangle behind the bear (near the open mouth) might have to go though and move the white outline in to compensate.
On the primary logo the eye looks off to me and I think it needs to be tweaked. Also the jerseys are pretty plain but they look nice.
I think it is the, for lack of a better descriptive word, fat roll behind the ear. If you connect the ear with the forehead line (I hope that makes sense) that should round out the primary logo.

Probably all good calls. I based this off a photo of a bear standing on all fours because I was originally going to do the whole body for the logo and use the head on the helmet. But the whole body logo ended up bland, with all the interesting stuff happening on the head anyway. So I just went with the head, but I had to rotate the head around so it wouldn't look awkward without the body. But that did create the extra fat roll (an actual fat roll in the original pic) and the brown space on the far side of the mouth. I'll definitely keep tweaking that logo.

I really like the logo, however I would recommend using a darker brown than currently as the shading. The two shades you use now are so similar it loses some definition, especially when you show them zoomed out on the helmets.

Otherwise, I like it alot, but I feel the jerseys could have brown integrated into them.

I'll also look at this. When the jersey and pants had piping, it was brown. It looked very out of place. But I'll see what I can do about getting some brown in there, if people think the uniforms need it.

#9: El Paso Blaze

Logo.png

I struggled with this identity for a while.

I sure did a double take when I saw THIS city/name combination. It's actually a pretty weird coincidence. When my daughter was about 14, we lived in the DFW area. One day her mother asked her to turn on some water for tea. She mistakenly turned on the wrong burner, the one on which her mother had set a pecan pie to cool. My daughter left the room and if you've never seen what a superheated pecan pie does, well, it burns and it's very messy. So we nicknamed her Blaze. It stuck and she even had it in script across her letter jacket's back flap in high school.

Fast forward to today. She's almost 30 now and lives in...

El Paso. :blink:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I love the simple jersey design; clean and simple, with no extraneous stuff. Quite impressive, and I like all the silver. The logo, on the other hand, is a little lacking IMO. If you break it up a little more, get rid of the fat roll, and make the individual features stand out more the overall look would be much sharper, and the logo would look less like a brown blob from a distance. All in all, excellent work and I'm quite impressed. The secondary logo is great, too.

scotland_fifasig.png

#12: Shreveport Rivermen

Logo.png

As I had mentioned earlier, I was considering 'Bombers' as the nickname here, but went with Rivermen instead because I had recently done bomber-ish work on the CFL Winnipeg concept. Colors are navy blue, gold, and light blue. I wanted to get some green or teal in there, and I tried at least 10 different color combinations, but this one was undoubtedly the best of the bunch. Here's the secondary logo, a riverboat captain set inside a wedge-shaped crest above two waves.

Naturally, I used a wave motif on the uniforms. There's stripes on the shoulders and running on the sides of the uniforms from under the arms all the way down the pants. The Rivermen wear navy helmets, navy jerseys, white pants at home. White jerseys and navy pants on the road, with an all-white road alternate. There's a light blue alternate for the home set, worn with navy pants.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Another "A" in my book.... The colors work very well together, kinda similar to SD Chargers, but different enough that I think they would live with it. Plus, the numbers look different than Chargers, at least I think they do....I also like the shoulder "waves". Very cool look.

Archived