EPL Kits Redesign

raysox

9/20: Hull City

Just a random concept, while I'm trying to finish my series. I kept the main part of the kit yellow, like they have for decades. I added stripes on the front, since they've used stripes on their kit for a while too. Also, well they're known as the Tigers. The site that I use for kit history didn't have any other kits other than the yellow one, so I decided do make an all black kit. Oh and on the front, I made a black box over the yellow, so the white script would stand out more. I changed the maker of the kit from umbro in real life, to adidas in this concept. I used this adidas template

HullCity.png

I'll be doing some lower teams for my next few concepts, just to get them out of my way.

Oh and on the Tottenham white home, my bad. I'll switch them around later.

Decent looking but I'm not really feeling the box around the sponsor logo, especially with so few stripes it kind of take over the front for me. Also you need to find a way to get stripes going a bit more on the back, maybe just at the bottom like in newcastle's current kits but I think it needs to be there more.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10/20 Newcastle

Is it me or does Newcastle have the best kits in the EPL? I kept the same stripes as the current one, then I just did a random design to go with it. I made a grey alternate, like what they have now, but I made it the same as the home, but replaced black with grey.

Newcastle.png

I'll just keep doing these at random.

Comment please

11/20 Arsenal

First off, I'd like to thank Gordie for his insight that helped my with this concept.

I brought back white sleeves that the team has used for the most of the teams existence. I really like the horizontal stripes that they used a few years a go in their alt jersey. I added some gold piping too. On the away jersey, Gordie said that the away jerseys alternated from yellow, to blue since Nike signed on with the team in the 90s. On the alt, I used maroon. Just see for yourself.

Arsenal.png

Requests?

Some of these are quite good. But I would apply some stringent rules for your own good.

Firstly, don't mess with the order of the kits. As messed up as some of the away kits are, the home kits of all premiership clubs are non negotiable. Spurs, Bolton play in white at home, and no messing. I think you need to be careful to make sure that the change kits are different enough from the home kits as well. I am not sure the Hull kits would pass competition rules for instance.

All that being said, some of these are very good. I like both the Hull kits for instance.

One thing on the change kits is that soccer kits are often not just one plain color like most US sports outfits are. So an alternative to the first kit needs to be substantially different from the change kit. Most clubs tend to stick to a traditional set of colors for the change kits (for instance a Spurs away kit tends to be either yellow or sky blue). To an American eye, I can see that is a bit confusing but its the way its always been over here!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wow, this is the first time I have paged through this thread, and I love it. I have also been watching a lot of soccer lately, so this is right up my alley. The Arsenal set is looking very good. I was also a huge fan of the Liverpool set. Liverpool is actually my favorite team, and my next favorite team is West Ham for some reason. I guess I will request West Ham.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

12/20: Wigan

Woo, first concept with 1K posts. The inspiration for this set was the logo. The logo has a white stripe going down the middle, with blue on both sides, so that's what I did. I added a little gold around the stripes. That's pretty much all I have to say, enjoy.

Wigan.png

Not sure who's next. I have a project to do the next few days, so I will limit my concept time.

Comments please.

Wigan are an odd club, because they have struggled to get an identity over the years. I like the stripe idea. If it were me, the away kit would use the same template, but would be completely different colors, say red and black, to avoid the color clash (which is after all what an away shirt is all about!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

13/20 Blackburn

Back again to present my Blackburn concept. I obviously kept the same half white, half blue kit. But I added something new. I put the flower from the crest into the jersey design. I thought it gave the jersey a nice touch. On the away, and alternate, I used the racing stripes, like what the current away is. I added a thin line between the two stripes. I added a red kit like what they had a few years ago.

Blackburn.png

Comments, please.

I have sketches for Everton, Middlesbrough, and Sunderland. I'm also open to requests.

Thats one of the best sets so far raysox! The hidden silhouettes in the shirt are a little bit 1990s, but I think in this instance work very well. My only slight change would be red numbers and name on the home shirt, just because they would stand out a little better.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Blackburn looks very nice, but I'm with saintsfan on the red numbers, looked fantastic when they had them. Also see what you can do about the box around the crown logo. I've always had a problem when sponsor logos don't conform with the kit design. I like it better when they modify it a bit or recolour to fit with the design, it looks nicer and I think shows some more class from the sponsor. Again, very nice work, the sublimation is beautiful.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

• 1 month later...

14/20 Middlesborough

I'm bAAAAAAAAAAaaaaack.

The UEFA Championship got me back into the soccer concept mode

So for my next concept, I chose Middlesbrough. Just a random design for this one. I dropped the white chest...thingy. I went against what the team has recently done, that is, having red shorts. I made the clash black, and blue like the current kit. I used the same design as the home. I brought back the collared jerseys too

Middlesbrough.png

N-JOY!

Everton, or Stoke City will be next.

The thing I'm finding with these is there is far too much monochrome.

In my opinion, any shirt looks better with white shorts than it does with the same shirt colour.

Nice looking series so far!

Could I request Sheffield United?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived