EPL Kits Redesign

raysox

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15/20: West Ham

Just trying to finish up here. Kept the blue sleeves, It'd be hated if there wasn't. Added some white designs on the jersey, just for pizazz. Made an all white away, without a sleeve colour, just the design.

WestHam.png

A few left, and most involve stripes, I'll work on this before I get back to the Alaskan Baseball concepts, and my wall sigs.

C&C

[rant]No comments!? Really?! People post crap concepts that take less than 5 minutes to make, and they get a page or two on what they did wrong. I have never gotten a page on one quality concept. I've had 63 responses, and i've done 17(counting 2 Arsenal concepts). 23 of the posts in this thread have been by me I'm averaging 2.7 posts by you guys. I bet if elliot did an EPL redesign, he would have a page for each concept. What is it? Is it me?[/rant]

16/20 Fulham

Kept the white top, black short combo, with a sleeve design. I kept the same design on the away, and alternate kits.

Fulham.png

Teams left

• Everton
  • Sunderland
  • Stoke City
  • WBA

Comments.

Boro wear red on red. For some reason, it's sacrilege if you f--k with soccer teams' home combinations.

Actually Boro have been a bit quixotic on this. They have switched between all red kits and red shirts with white shorts over a number of years. I actually think the Middleboro concept is one of the best. I think the only problem is the white side panel on the shorts doesn't quite work. Maybe switch that to red?

The West Ham and Fulham concepts are both pretty good too. Good use of colors throughout the strips. Is it possible to try the black strip, for Fulham, with white shorts to address BJs point in the above post? For the Hammers, I would just give them an alternate claret pair of shorts, that could go with with either home or away?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Boro wear red on red. For some reason, it's sacrilege if you f--k with soccer teams' home combinations.

Actually Boro have been a bit quixotic on this. They have switched between all red kits and red shirts with white shorts over a number of years. I actually think the Middleboro concept is one of the best. I think the only problem is the white side panel on the shorts doesn't quite work. Maybe switch that to red?

The West Ham and Fulham concepts are both pretty good too. Good use of colors throughout the strips. Is it possible to try the black strip, for Fulham, with white shorts to address BJs point in the above post? For the Hammers, I would just give them an alternate claret pair of shorts, that could go with with either home or away?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Middlesbro...ddlesbrough.htm

Well, I stand corrected. Maybe going back to white shorts would be a good idea after the relegation. Like a fresh start.

I don't mind the squiggles on West Ham's shorts, but I'm not feeling them on the shoulders. It's a decent enough motif, but the single stripe just looks orphaned.

It's the exact opposite for me. I like the shoulder squiggles but not the shorts squiggles. The all white West Ham jersey is awesome. Looks very sharp. The Fulham set is beautiful. The all black is absolutely perfect. The best thing about the set, though, is the contrasting black on the shoulders of the white jersey. I think that looks awesome.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I'm a big soccer fan, but I've pretty much ignored this. Mostly because it's a "series", and around here that seems to mean a few minutes on each one to churn them all out.

Don't mean to be harsh, but this doesn't look much different to my eyes. The renderings are pixelated and sloppy-looking. There's nothing particularly groundbreaking in the designs: it's a template with some drawing on it, even leaving in the previous seam lines which don't line up to your new designs. There's no particular shame in that; we've all done it. But it doesn't really inspire me to say much about it, either.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

[rant]No comments!? Really?! People post crap concepts that take less than 5 minutes to make, and they get a page or two on what they did wrong. I have never gotten a page on one quality concept. I've had 63 responses, and i've done 17(counting 2 Arsenal concepts). 23 of the posts in this thread have been by me I'm averaging 2.7 posts by you guys. I bet if elliot did an EPL redesign, he would have a page for each concept. What is it? Is it me?[/rant]

16/20 Fulham

Kept the white top, black short combo, with a sleeve design. I kept the same design on the away, and alternate kits.

Fulham.png

Teams left

• Everton
  • Sunderland
  • Stoke City
  • WBA

Comments.

Hey raysox, you been working for Nike? Here is a leak of the new Fulham kits, from out old friends at footballshirtculture.com

fulham-09-10-home-nike-kit-leaked.jpg

Bit more black on the sleeves I think, but pretty close

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• 3 weeks later...

^hahahah.

17/20 WBA

Just trying to finish this series off, here's my concept for West Bromwich Albion. I went with tradition, and kept the stripes. Just a simple design there. I added hoop socks, since, well they're awesome. Also, the team doesn't have a sponsor, so I left it off. I was thinking about putting a number on the front, but I decided against it. The clash is 2 colours from their crest. I based it somewhat on some World Cup kits from 06.

WBA.png

I'm going to work on Sunderland next, so expect that shortly.

^hahahah.

17/20 WBA

Just trying to finish this series off, here's my concept for West Bromwich Albion. I went with tradition, and kept the stripes. Just a simple design there. I added hoop socks, since, well they're awesome. Also, the team doesn't have a sponsor, so I left it off. I was thinking about putting a number on the front, but I decided against it. The clash is 2 colours from their crest. I based it somewhat on some World Cup kits from 06.

WBA.png

I'm going to work on Sunderland next, so expect that shortly.

Those kits look fine, but West Brom was relegated.

I don't get the away kits for West Brom. They just look weird. Sure the colors come from the badge, but as the colors represent a branch and a leaf, I don't see a need to use them in the actual kit. The home ones are good though.

If it were my choice West Brom would always wear a green and yellow striped away kit. Like this

west-brom-away-shirt-retro.jpg

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't get the away kits for West Brom. They just look weird. Sure the colors come from the badge, but as the colors represent a branch and a leaf, I don't see a need to use them in the actual kit. The home ones are good though.

Well this is there logo, so brown and green would make since.

18/20 Sunderland

I kept stripes again, but I added a shoulder yoke type thing that they used a few years ago. The stripes on them is based after the Islanders 4 stripes for championships, the team has 6 championships, so I made 6 stripes. The clash is just a black kit, with red and white pinstripes.

Sunderland.png

Everton, and Stoke City are the last 2. If anyone has any ideas PM them to me please.

I just saw this now and I like it for the most part. Making the change to stick with a club's tradition has helped a lot, as well as changing your thinking from the way American uniforms are. It was nice looking through the whole series and seeing these improvements. Keep up the solid work on the last couple concepts.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

19/20 Everton

I made my concept similar to the Houston Dynamo kits a few years ago. I added a sublimated castle like the one in the crest onto the jersey. I changed the yellow from the crest into a golden colour, not some faded yellow. The away is sort of based off the current away. Then the bottom one is a yellow jersey with a random design.

Everton.png

Brb, gonna work on Stoke City.

Archived