NHL Trade Deadline

Linus

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for all the deals that wilk take place leading up to the NHL Trade Deadline.

Im hoping the Leafs can get in a couple of moves. Id love to see Antropov go for a 1st rounder (itll be tough but who knows, look at what Ottawa gave up for Comrie and Campoli).

Im not a huge fan of Kabrle but I like him. Unless a package of a first rounder and some prospects are put on the table, I dont think he'll be moved.

Anyone have any rumours? Ive heard rumours that Chris Pronger will most likely get traded if the right offer is made.

beLEAF

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to seeing the Comrie trade as a good one, I mean it was San Jose's first pick, and Dean McAmmond for secondary scoring in Comrie, and a young puck-moving d-man in Campoli.

Some predictions

Neil to San Jose

Kaberle to Philly

Antropov to Vancouver

Lecavalier stays in Tampa

Bouwmeester to Calgary

Pronger to the Devils

Kovalev to the Pens

Hi, how are you?

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to seeing the Comrie trade as a Neil to San Jose

Kaberle to Philly

Antropov to Vancouver

Lecavalier stays in Tampa

Bouwmeester to Calgary

Pronger to the Devils

Kovalev to the Pens

Ah. The return of Kovy.

I kind of like that idea. Id prefer to see the most popular choice in Pittsburgh right now - St. Louis - but Kovy aint a bad alternative. Playing with Crosby on his old team might be the jolt he needs, and being that he played with Lemieux, he has the skill to be Crosby's linemate.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

I see Bouwmeester or Pronger coming to Vancouver for Ohlund and a draft pick or two, but that's me. Maybe toss in Mikal (sp?) Grabner for bait too, who knows.

I know we're losing Ohlund as a UFA in the off-season, so we might as well load up for a playoff run while we can.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I see Bouwmeester or Pronger coming to Vancouver for Ohlund and a draft pick or two, but that's me. Maybe toss in Mikal (sp?) Grabner for bait too, who knows.

I know we're losing Ohlund as a UFA in the off-season, so we might as well load up for a playoff run while we can.

What makes you so sure we're losing Ohlund?

GCEeffm.png

My ultimate dream would be Martin St. Louis coming to Boston, but apparently they are also looking at Chris Pronger, Keith Tkachuk and Erik Cole. Obviously, all three of them won't come to Boston, but I'm hoping one of them does.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

He's worth 5-6 Million on the open market, and I'm pretty sure Gillis isn't going to open the purse strings for him when he's busy trying to justify that much for each twin. Combined with reports from both sides that contract-wise they aren't even close, as well as J.P. Barry repeatedly telling local media that Ohlund wants to play out the season and see how it all shakes out from there tells me that Mattias is out of here come July.

Personally, I'd rather see Salo go, I love the way Ohlund plays; when he's angry, he's a goddamned bear. I just don't think he's long for the west coast, and could be eyeing a move east. Way east.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

He's worth 5-6 Million on the open market, and I'm pretty sure Gillis isn't going to open the purse strings for him when he's busy trying to justify that much for each twin. Combined with reports from both sides that contract-wise they aren't even close, as well as J.P. Barry repeatedly telling local media that Ohlund wants to play out the season and see how it all shakes out from there tells me that Mattias is out of here come July.

Personally, I'd rather see Salo go, I love the way Ohlund plays; when he's angry, he's a goddamned bear. I just don't think he's long for the west coast, and could be eyeing a move east. Way east.

I agree with seeing Salo go. With Ohlund possibly leaving, it might not be too bad. Alex Edler reminds me of Ohlund in every aspect, and with Ohlund off the books, and possibly the Sedins too it could open up the idea of Gaborik and Hossa joining their buddy Demitra in Vancouver.

I'd also rather see what Grabner could do at the NHL level before we do anything with him. He's a pure scorer with killer speed, just needs time to adjust to the pro game.

GCEeffm.png

I'd love to see Ohlund stay, but his play this year hasn't been one of his better years. And when you combine mediocre play from a player looking for a raise with a lower cap, he's probably gone after the year. Salo is the only guy the Canucks have who seems to be able to make a decent breakout pass. Unfortunately, Salo seems to be made of balsa-wood, so you can't really count on him being around when you need him.

All that said, I expect the Canucks to do little, if anything at the deadline. They have next to nothing for prospects, and this team probably isn't considered by management to be a serious cup contender, so trading what little depth you have is probably not on the cards.

I'd love to see Taylor Pyatt shipped out of town, but thats just because his play is infuriating.

Mats Sundin wouldn't be a Canuck if management didn't believe the team was a contender. But I also think that nothing big will happen; like you said no prospects to trade and I don't think Gillis is keen on trading draft picks. I don't see teams wanting Ohlund, he's a impending free agent only contenders and maybe Burke would want him. We could get a first round pick or prospect for Ohlund and then flip that for someone else.

My ultimate dream would be Martin St. Louis coming to Boston, but apparently they are also looking at Chris Pronger, Keith Tkachuk and Erik Cole. Obviously, all three of them won't come to Boston, but I'm hoping one of them does.

Good lord, no.

Mats Sundin wouldn't be a Canuck if management didn't believe the team was a contender. But I also think that nothing big will happen; like you said no prospects to trade and I don't think Gillis is keen on trading draft picks. I don't see teams wanting Ohlund, he's a impending free agent only contenders and maybe Burke would want him. We could get a first round pick or prospect for Ohlund and then flip that for someone else.

It is the complete opposite. Contenders WILL want him Ohlund, thats what trade deadline is all about - adding pieces for a run at the Cup. He is a valuable player whether he stays on the team after this season or not. Burke wouldn't trade for him, he may offer him a contract when he becomes a UFA (same with the Sedins ^_^) but he would not sacrifice a pick for him. I think Ohlund could snag a second or third rounder... a first rounder for JUST him is asking a little too much.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Im not a huge fan of Kabrle but I like him. Unless a package of a first rounder and some prospects are put on the table, I dont think he'll be moved.

He'll be hard to move at the deadline, no playoff contender will need him since he's on the IR for the rest of the season. I expect him to go in the offseason though.

He'll be hard to move at the deadline, no playoff contender will need him since he's on the IR for the rest of the season. I expect him to go in the offseason though.

...No he isn't. He is supposed to be back within the week after suffering a broken hand. He will only be moved before the summer if a team offers a killer package AND if that team is on his list that he would waive his no trade clause for. Otherwise, we will have to see what happens this summer when that clause disappears for a few months.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Serious? Going from Bouwmeester to Ohlund is a downgrade, IMO for the Panthers who are holding onto a playoff spot. I know that Jay-Bo will most likely not return next year to Florida and they should get at least something for him - but you don't wanna get ripped off, either. Trading him away for a 32 year old defenseman and a couple draft picks is a pretty big downgrade. If you were Florida, would you take Ohlund and a draft pick or two for Bouwmeester? Absolutely not.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived