San Francisco 49ers

jimboqb12

Okay I haven't done a concept in ages but since there are rumblings about the 49ers, Jaguars and Lions i felt it was a little neccesary to have a go.

I've stuck with the idea of a return to the 80s look but kept some of the modern things like red face mask, bold red socks and importantly the logo on the helmet. I didnt really want to involve any black in the concept, other than in the cleats. I took the current logo and just played with the colours. This was partly because I have a limited ability with photoshop so my logo creation skills are nil and i also really like the logo now anyway, a modern version of a traditional logo.

I didnt want the concept to looks to much like the throwback so I also changed the numbers slightly without putting them out of sync with the whole composition.

I hope you guys like the concept. As always C&C is always wanted!

Home

SanFrancisco.png

Road

SanFranciscoRoad.png

In motion

SanFrancisco49ers-1.png

Hope you enjoyed.

I like the unis. Very classic. But the white circle around the logo looks out of placed. Maybe make it red or keep it black. White just doesn't look good.

Why would he use black when there isn't any in the rest of the concept? I like that white circle, I wouldn't change it. It helps accent the white inside of the red circle, it just makes it more balanced in my mind. Pretty good concept. It's a tad minimalist for me but that doesn't mean it isn't good looking, because it's a very clean and classy look. If you could work gold into the striping that might be nice. Both sock options look good, I prefer red, though.

You might want to make the SF logo larger on the helmets - they're pretty small right now, and I dunno if that was a personal choice or just a scaling problem, but they'd be hard to see on the field. Other than that, this looks great.

330zl3b.png

I think I would like it better if you incorporated gold into the jersey. I very much like the simplicity of the design but it doesn't flow well from head to toe, if that makes any sense. For all I know it may look worse with gold added, but I presume it will make the overall design come together better. Good start.

I would put some gold in the jersey somehow. Maybe outline the numbers with it? I like it. Like everyone else said, it is a nice classy look for them. Great job.

I agree with this. It's great, but gold on the jersey is what I always thought was missing from the Montana era.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I wasnt sure on adding gold to the jersey, i'm still not sure if it will work but I give it a go and you guys can have a look and see what you think. Unfortunately i'm a real fan of tradition so I like to keep things simple and neat.

Ill post the new added gold tomorrow!

Thanks for the C&C all is welcome!

This is a nice looking concept, but I agree with some of the others in saying that the jerseys need some gold. Maybe have a mix of red, white and gold stripes on the sleeves and trim the numbers in gold. Other than that not much needs to be done. Good work.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Okay so iv taken heed of you words and added some gold to the uniform around the stripes and numbers.

What i found is that the gold is sort of swallowd by the white. have a look and hopefully you guys might have a solution for me!

Home

SanFrancisco-1.png

Road

SanFranciscoRoad.png

In Game

SanFrancisco49ers-2.png

i think the last one is about perfect. the only 2 things id do myself would be to add the 3 white stripes to red socks, and the other which is just personal preference for the 49ers, and that is grey facemasks...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

i think the last one is about perfect. the only 2 things id do myself would be to add the 3 white stripes to red socks, and the other which is just personal preference for the 49ers, and that is grey facemasks...

I agree. This is an amazing concept, if you take NYY's suggestions it would be perfect.

jNTsTyQ.png

I like the new red socks but I would go back to the red facemask. I know some people like red, some like grey so it's tough to please everyone. For the number outline I would do the same thing you have for the wordmark. Put the gold inside the outline, and make it a bit thicker. Speaking of the wordmark, I think it would look great if you used that number font as the actual numbers.

uniguy22 i agree with the red facemask. i think it keeps the design from straying too far into the realms of a throwback. i like gray facemasks but after seeing what the chargers did by mixing old with new i now think the darker facemask makes for a more exciting uniform.

I have to however disagree with the use of the script numbers as a number font. although it would maybe work asthetically i dont think you'd fine that font use in the NFL today.

So i'll put up the unis with the reestablished red facemasks for you guys to critique!

Home

SanFrancisco-3.png

Road

SanFranciscoRoad-2.png

In Game

SanFrancisco49ers-3.png

Archived