OKC Thunder Concept

hettinger_rl

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's an alternate idea. It is much simpler than the previous posts.

Ball1.jpg

This new idea has a TON of potential. It needs a bit more detail, but you're the artists here and can decide just what needs the detail. It looks great, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

These are awesome hettinger. That latest alternate is great. But I feel like these still have yet to reach their full potential. The form is definitely there, but it still needs some refinements like line weight, overall fluidity, and a color scheme that will do the concept justice. But the thought and the execution behind it are fantastic, especially seeing as how you are using a raster program or live trace.

I haven't checked this in a while, but now I have. The latest primaries in their current color scheme are money IMO. The alternate needs more work. Try and mesh the buffalo and the basketball together better.

I would like to know which logo has the most potential as a primary, which for secondary/alternate, and which ones work well together or alone. The color scheme has nothing to do with these thoughts....but eventually I'd like a consensus on that.

Thunder-332.jpg

AltPana19.jpg

Ball4.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

OK... Since no one has weighed in on the issues above I've decided to go forward with the buffalo head logo. This is a simple tweak that works well IMO. I personally prefer the light blue/yellow with dk blue/orange accents color scheme. C&C please.

EDIT: Does it work better without the clouds behind the head, relying on the 'thunder cloud looking' top of the head?

AltPana3.jpg

AltPana32.jpg

AltPana31.jpg

Personally, I love your first attempt idea. I think it's the best of all three. It does need polishing, but that idea is brilliant. The second one (head-on look), would make for a very good secondary and I like what you've done with the shadow on that one. I'm not really feeling the third. It seems that right now, you're more concerned with the color scheme than the logo itself. Clean up the logo (smooth out the lines and stuff) and then fill in the blanks.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

This could be a dumb question, but..... as I was looking through the NBA logos on CCLS the vast majority of logos that have motion are "moving" to the right. Also, the two logos that have half shadows (MINN,MEM) have the shadow on the right side. Is this just coincidence or a league policy? :huh:

I like the first design, but for what the logo is, I do not think that the colors work very well at all. Navy Blue is one of the most overused colors in sports, but for what the logo is, I think it would work well in place of the powder blue.

Great development on this idea. First off, you don't need pupils. They do look cartoony. This is part bison, part cloud. Not having pupils gives the idea of a mythical creature of the plains. I think all 3 designs are feasible, with refinement, as an NBA logo. The problem with the head-on logo is, as stated previously, it's too similar to the bulls. The logo that is facing left is probably my favorite but would need to be simpified a bit for it to be reproduced on apparel and other applications. I like the simplicity of the right-facing logo. It also has a basketball in the logo, which many NBA teams seem to like to include. As patsox said, try to mesh the bison and the ball together. I think the bison would look good in orange. The shadowing on the bullsesque logo is looking awesome. Try to do something similar to the other two logos.

Keep it up! I love following this thread.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I agree with undead. You'll do fine without the pupils. Man, I want to take this into Illustrator SO bad. I may find time to do it because this concept is developing beautifully.

Count me in the sans-pupil camp. As I stated before, your first and second design ideas are worthy of being the primary and secondary respectively. The secondary is Bulls-ish, but I think it can be made unique enough. If you want a logo flowing rightward, why not just flip the first one?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

So I've been doing some research and working with this logo some more. I may have gone too far but I'll let you decide. I wanted to activate the left side of the logo more while adding aggression. C&C Please.

SecondaryC1.jpg

Secondary10C1.jpg

Secondary12C1.jpg

PS: Post # 200!

I commend you for how you have started from the simplest draft and have continued adding more detail. Most people just a make a one and done, which usually never achieves the quality redrafting does. The most recent detail looks good, it is really getting close to being a really god completed concept.

Archived