OKC Thunder Concept

hettinger_rl

It's a good update but remember, it's a sports logo, not a comic book Logos don't get shaded by adding little lines like that. Change those into solid shapes and you'd be on to something.

*congrats on #200

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to know which logo has the most potential as a primary, which for secondary/alternate, and which ones work well together or alone. The color scheme has nothing to do with these thoughts....but eventually I'd like a consensus on that.

Thunder-332.jpg

I love the head front view logo, but this is your primary, and I'd lose the "Oklahoma City". You can work a wordmark in later, but for now to fix this the back clouds part still looks like curls. There needs to be something that distinguishes the buffalo head from the cloud body and I think that a big sleek bolt of lightning would do that. The top cloud looks like the hump on the back and I'd keep it and then slowly transition down the back into making it look more like clouds.

very cool so far and good idea.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Of the revised secondaries, I prefer the first one, but barely. The second version looks like it's trying to hard, but I still do like the idea.

I disagree with McCarthy's assessment that something like a lightning bolt needs to separate the buffalo head with the cloud body. In my opinion, the more you can blur that line, the better.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

This may be the finished logo set (depending on the feedback). I used the actual color scheme, but I decided to leave dark blue out of the actual logo and relegate it to the background. This makes the logo color scheme an NBA unique Light Blue/Orange/Maize. Thanks for all the intrest. Choose between the last two. C&C please.

Primary

Thunder2C2.gif

Secondary

q2.gif

Tertiary

Secondar1.gif

Secondary11.gif

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Does anyone think that I could take the Tertiary's forehead and make another alt? Using the thunder cloud and lighting.

The reason I didn't use the dark blue for the shading is that it would be like a knockoff of the grizzlies logo. I could try a more burnt orange, but I was trying to keep the current color scheme.

Would this be better?

Secondary1p.gif

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

now it looks like yet another red-blue team in the nba...i would go with the burnt orange and bright blue. or maybe even black/brown and bright blue. it just needs more contrast to make it more menacing. very nice work on the refinement of the form though, its come quite a long way.

It'd look better with the dark blue as the outline and the orange as the ball colour... cuz, ya know, basketballs aren't yellow...

Just add a narrow outline around the whole thing in yellow or something if it's going to end up on a dark blue background.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived