OKC Thunder Concept

hettinger_rl

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Concept, just seems to lack balance. If you lost the block for the Thunder word mark then it would be great. Always think about how your design would look on different things. The layout you have would be great on a tv comericial but god awful on a ball.

I love the idea of really combining a bison and thunder clouds. I agree with everyone else in that it still needs a bit of work in the execution, though you've done a great job considering the programs you used, haha. Thicker cleaner lines I think will go along way in satisfying the "needs to be sharper" people.

I think an actual lighting bolt COULD add to it depending on how and where you use it.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

So here is an alternate idea that I came up with. It simplifies thngs, but it may be too simple now. Its just a rough draft and I plan on thickening lines, shadowing, and coloring soon. I pose these questions to everyone:

Is this a viable primary or should it only be an alternate?

Should I add lightning?

OKCb.jpg

C&C Please

Here's the updated primary:

No more box

Thunder-22.jpg

C&C Please

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Not gonna fly for one main reason- it looks like the Chicago Bulls' logo.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

OKCb.jpg

THIS is your primary. It's what I was trying to describe earlier: it's less blobby, less free-form, and it has some sort of boundry so it isn't just flowing all over the place. I think if you take some time to work with line weight and refine everything so it looks like an illustrated logo and not a pencil drawing, you've got a winner.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I still say it looks too much like the Bulls from that angle to be passable.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The one thing thats REALLY bugging me about this whole concept is that you HAVE to add pupils. It will make it much better.

I have tried it with pupils and I came to 3 conclusions:

1.The mascot is "thunder" which is an idea. I'm trying to show this as like the "thuderous" spirit and no pupils works for that.

2.Even if it were just a bison logo, bison eyes are dark so you cant really see the pupils.

3.Pupils make these look very cartoony.

This has to be one of the better Thunder concepts, but I think it could be executed much better.

Something that might be cool is doing what the Mavs did and incorporating a thunderbolt onto the forehead. The mavs have an M on the horse head... Just a thought.

So hear are some colored versions. I've been trying to stay away from the "dark-blue dominant" logos that are all over the NBA, so these reflect that. I'm also throwing in the Blue/Gray/Black scheme too.

AltPana17.jpg

AltPana115.jpg

AltPana19.jpg

AltPana112.jpg

AltPana114.jpg

AltPana2.jpg

This has to be one of the better Thunder concepts, but I think it could be executed much better.

Something that might be cool is doing what the Mavs did and incorporating a thunderbolt onto the forehead. The mavs have an M on the horse head... Just a thought.

AltPana11422.jpg

C&C on all are appreciated.

Your latest one makes a better secondary than primary.

I loved your initial logo design, but none of the colors are working right now. I think you need to set the main colors as silver and black with orange and yellow accents.

That thunderbolt looks pretty cool, whatever you think looks best, but this definitely has huge potential.

I don't know if this is possible, but with your first logo version (The non-centered bison head) it might look cool to somehow shape the clouds into the state's shape.

Again, this logo has a lot of elements that work... clouds, bison, thunderbolt and i'm worried that adding more will complicate it, but great work non the less!

Here's an alternate idea. It is much simpler than the previous posts.

Ball1.jpg

I have to say, every first draft so far has looked great. This one has some great potential for a fantastic alternate, maybe even primary. I think the last two logos are the best so far.

Also, the color scheme doesnt seem right to me. I would say darken up the blue a decent amount, make the orange more like a texas longhorns burnt orange, and then use gray as the third color. Thats my opinion, and i think it would look much better

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

This one is almost too simplified, but it is a great idea. I think the head could be less rounded at the top and more.... shaggy maybe? This could also be your primary if you cleaned it up a bit and colored it. Also, do you draw these or use a computer because your circle on the basketball and those curves look a little jagged. Another thing is the lines on the basketball should be moved up and to the right a little because they look off center. Overall, this is a fantastic idea, I really enjoy seeing the progress, and hope it turns out well.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived