OKC Thunder Concept

hettinger_rl

Ok, take #1, change the neon green to vegas gold, give it a gold outline, thicker than the wicky guy's, and it's perfect.

Oh my god. I know that you are new, but that is a HUGE no-no here. Hettinger spent so long developing those logos, and to see someone mess with them is really maddening. I won't go on some huge rant, because there might be others who will. You should never EVER try to redo somebody's logo from a thread without there permission. Even if they are better than the originals, you will not make any friends here.

Not exactly going to be a warm welcome from anybody, but it's a learning experience, right?

cab you really don't have to be the voice of reason on absolutely everything, I remember when I went through that stage, but you will realize, as I did at one point, that you aren't a moderator.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, take #1, change the neon green to vegas gold, give it a gold outline, thicker than the wicky guy's, and it's perfect.
Oh my god. I know that you are new, but that is a HUGE no-no here. Hettinger spent so long developing those logos, and to see someone mess with them is really maddening. I won't go on some huge rant, because there might be others who will. You should never EVER try to redo somebody's logo from a thread without there permission. Even if they are better than the originals, you will not make any friends here.

Not exactly going to be a warm welcome from anybody, but it's a learning experience, right?

cab you really don't have to be the voice of reason on absolutely everything, I remember when I went through that stage, but you will realize, as I did at one point, that you aren't a moderator.

Yeah, I realize that sometimes I get carried away. Sometimes I just want new people to know if something is or isn't acceptable. In fact, I used to get mad when someone would correct me, or give C&C, but I've learned to live with it. Sorry if I appear as a "poser mod" to anyone.

EDIT: and, I agree with everyone else- that neon absolutely does not work. Try using gold as Elliott suggested.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

RY7_vectorized.png

We have a winner! Sorry no C+C, but after following this thread for a long time, I think you've finally hit the nail on the head. If this color scheme is what you want to stick with, then this one is, pardon the pun, a slam dunk. The only thing I'm unsure about is the silver highlight on the left horn - I think it takes some of the "pop" away from the silver bolt. But that's really a minor issue at this stage.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

i just want to say this has been great to see the series of progression in this design.

my only issue with the current incarnation with the head is it seems too Chicago Bullsish. Especially with Red/Black as the color scheme. Not sure if the Bulls would go for it.

i know alot people didn't care for the logo in the tampa bay lightning colors, but that scheme i really liked.

but in any case, what you got going on here is light years above what they currently have.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

#4 is easily the best. I don't think the silver is necessary. How would it look if you replaced the silver with the gold? Maybe you could add some gold highlights to the tops of the clouds and a little on the face. Highlights on the clouds will bring attention to them instead of casual observers thinking "if the team is called thunder, why is the logo a bison?" Everything from the nose down is perfect. The rest just needs a little more work.

Keep it up, I love following this thread. It's so much cleaner now that you use the vector program.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I like the improvements, but one thing that has been bothering me is the little highlight above the left eye-- I know you were trying to realistically shade it, but it is just sort of a shape floating there and it doesn't look very complete... other than that good job.

my only issue with the current incarnation with the head is it seems too Chicago Bullsish. Especially with Red/Black as the color scheme. Not sure if the Bulls would go for it.

but in any case, what you got going on here is light years above what they currently have.

agree on both points.

i do like the color combo of #4, but maybe the switch the gold for red to avoid the bulls colors?

Archived