OKC Thunder Concept

hettinger_rl

Well here is one made to the C&C I've received. The "shield" in this logo is actually the thunder cloud.

We do know that basketballs are orange.... but maybe the 26 teams in the NBA that don't have orange ones in their logos should be told (especially the 2 that have yellow ones) ;)

Ball3.gif

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your logos look great, but their current color scheme does no justice to their team. I think you should definitely experiment with other color schemes. And the negative orange/blue doesn't look right, meaning you should definitely use contrasting colors over these colors that clash.

Here are some other color options. The first is one I was using earlier for this concept. It would be a unique scheme, but it does have a blue main color.

The second would be unique also (other than the wizards alt).

Combining the two schemes could possibly work as well.

Blue2.gif

Blue.gif

Blue1.gif

Thunder2C3.gif

Gold.gif

Ball1-1.gif

Both of those look pretty awesome. I think I prefer the second one, but I really love how well the three logos complement each other, and how well this concept has progressed. Excellent work!

p.s. When I mentioned the yellow ball, it was just because you already had orange in the colour scheme. If you hadn't had it, a yellow ball would have made some sense, but with orange at other places in the logo, it didn't look right.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

These logos, have always been drawn well, but up until the last post, the color scheme really turned me away. However, the gold looks b-e-a-utiful. Add in another color, (I was thinking some sort of yellow...) and you have some damn good logos

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I was trying to find a good color scheme for you a couple days ago. I'll be honest, I had a hell of a time making it look okay. I know I was playing around with Black, Gold, and Light Blue, but I also Thought Maroon, Orange, and Silver looked pretty sweet. Again, it was tough to figure out and I didn't do it justice, but maybe those are some ideas you can try out and make work for you. I love the concept. Just for whatever reason this is one of those logos that is hard to color correctly. I've seen it happen before.

I should have let everyone know: the brown is gold and the light greys are silver. What does everyone think of possibly combing the schemes? Adding the blue into the gold scheme or gold into blue.

That gold and black color scheme is brilliant and would set them apart from some of the other teams in the NBA. But, you should add another trim color.....possibly powder blue or red-orange?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I should have let everyone know: the brown is gold and the light greys are silver. What does everyone think of possibly combing the schemes? Adding the blue into the gold scheme or gold into blue.

That gold and black color scheme is brilliant and would set them apart from some of the other teams in the NBA. But, you should add another trim color.....possibly powder blue or red-orange?

Hello all,

I'm new here. I was going through all these post and this one was very interesting.

I really like this idea for the OKC Thunder logo! The one they have now is not even D-League worthy.

Anyway, I messed around with the logo posted here a little bit and this what I came up with...thunder2c3a.gif

thunder3b.gif

Hello all,

I'm new here. I was going through all these post and this one was very interesting.

I really like this idea for the OKC Thunder logo! The one they have now is not even D-League worthy.

Anyway, I messed around with the logo posted here a little bit and this what I came up with...thunder2c3a.gif

thunder3b.gif

Uh-oh.

Hello all,

thunder3b.gif

Well... I appreciate the work you did, but working on someone else's concept, without talking to them about it, is heavily frowned upon on here. Its a rookie mistake and seeing how your a "rookie" to this site its understandable. Maybe I should be flattered that my designs got someones attention like this. Some of the members that are more senior on here than I am can explain it all to you better.

All that said... :welcome:

Oh my god. I know that you are new, but that is a HUGE no-no here. Hettinger spent so long developing those logos, and to see someone mess with them is really maddening. I won't go on some huge rant, because there might be others who will. You should never EVER try to redo somebody's logo from a thread without there permission. Even if they are better than the originals, you will not make any friends here.

Not exactly going to be a warm welcome from anybody, but it's a learning experience, right?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am at an impass with this concept. My inexperience with and lack of Illustrator will leave this concept in this state. I would like to finish it off and get it looking professional. Any help would be appreciated. PM me with tips and/or help.... maybe even a collaboration.

• 1 month later...

So I got a vectorizing program and I've been tweaking my color idea. I hope I'm not beating a dead horse. I was thinking of what color schemes were left out or under used in the NBA, and thinking that the league may not be ready for a team that has metallic gold primary color. So here is OKC in Red/Yellow/Silver or Grey. I've highlighted the lightning bolt and tried to distinguish the cloud more.

EDIT: On my screen the colors looked as listed. Here are the Adjusted images.

RY2_vectorized.png

RY3_vectorized.png

RY_vectorized.png

RY7_vectorized.png

C&C

Archived