Around the World in 16 Days

raysox

Day 5: South Africa

Hey everyone. Now to arguably the worst team in the tournament, South Africa. Based my design on piping. I added blue, to seperate this set from Astrailia. I wanted a round numbers, so I used the Angels font, then cut off the serifs. Enjoy.

SouthAfrica.png

So that's 5 down. 9+ left.

I'll have my Mexico jersey doen for tomorrow.

C&C please.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make the AUS 2nd jersey yellow or gold. And get rid of the blue on RSA. AUS play RSA in cricket all the time and the colour clash isn't noticeable enough, maybe use a darker green instead of blue. I like the NED jersey.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Some of these are decent, but I think the one thing you need to work on in your concepts is overall cleanliness and pixelation. Especially on some of the wordmarks, nameplates, and logos (cap or patch the pixelation is extreme and it looks awful.

Day 2!

I actually had this done yesterday, and I'm very excited to post it. It's for China. One thing I don't like about the current set, is how China is in an Old English font. So I looked up China in chinese characters, and put that on the front(The hat also means China). The number font is blocky to reflect on the Chinese characters. That's really all I have to say, Enjoy.

China.png

so that's 2 down, 14+ to go. I don't really have any ideas for a specific team, so I'm open to requests.

C&C please

The word 'jung', which is a box with a line down the middle of it, means Middle.

China, which is 'Jung Guo' is literally, Middle of the Earth.

To have just Middle on the cap does not shorten it, it changes it completely.

Other than that, I don't mind it.

If the Kansas City Chiefs played baseball, they would look something like this.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Day 6: Mexico

Hey everyone. Here's the concept for the team south of the border. I was going to put mexican looking stripes, but It ddin't turn out so well. I finally desided on using a vest, with a design on the shoulders. I used the old font(since the new one is crappy). I also used similar numbers to that of the font, the Grizzlies font. I didn't use a vest for the ways, and kept white pants. Disfrutar! (Enjoy en español)

Mexico.png

I also like the hat, It was going to be this...

sombrero_550.jpg

but I decided against it.

Venezuela mañana

Hey everyone. Here's the concept for the team south of the border. I was going to put mexican looking stripes, but It ddin't turn out so well. I finally desided on using a vest, with a design on the shoulders. I used the old font(since the new one is crappy). I also used similar numbers to that of the font, the Grizzlies font. I didn't use a vest for the ways, and kept white pants. Disfrutar! (Enjoy en español)

Mexico.png

sombrero_550.jpg

Venezuela mañana

I'm not sure about two greens but overall these are great.

~?~

The word 'jung', which is a box with a line down the middle of it, means Middle.

I just this.

it says middle of the earth, but it also says China.

Some of these are decent, but I think the one thing you need to work on in your concepts is overall cleanliness and pixelation. Especially on some of the wordmarks, nameplates, and logos (cap or patch the pixelation is extreme and it looks awful.

Elliott is right. Th pixelation around the nameplates and numbers don't look good. The uniforms have some good designs though.

Mexico.png

sombrero_550.jpg

Venezuela mañana

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see an eagle incorporated into there. (Its on the flag)

I just this.

it says middle of the earth, but it also says China.

My Chinese teacher spent three years telling us that was incorrect.

Perhaps it's like words in English that start off meaning one thing and end up getting used as something else in local vernacular.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Day 7: Venezuela

Hey guys. Sorry I didn't get this up earlier, I didn't have my laptop till now. So I really like the current jerseys, plain with coloured piping. I kept my set the same basicly, though on the home, I changed the sleves a little. I used the Blue Jays font for numbers, because it looks like a similar font to the script. Here.

Venezuela.png

Next, I'd like to do Korea, expect a Korean script.

C&C

That was actually a great choice to pair the Blue Jays number font with the Venezuelan jersey.

Personally, I think the Venezuelan hat leaves a LOT to be desired though. The V that they're using just doesn't have the kind of gravitas needed. It doesn't stand on its own very well.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Mmm....I don't like this. I have no idea what the one they are wearing now looks like, but this doesn't have much continuity, in my opinion. First of all lets get the basics out of the way: you need gray pants on the roads, you should know that by now, and again, it's rather messy. Onto the finer points, the road set works well because the yellow piping matches everywhere, but the home set is a mess. The red chest piping clashes with the yellow piping with on the pants. The arm piping is a mess, it doesn't match anything and the yellow and red right next to each other clash with the red and yellow separated by white on the wordmark.

At a quick glance, the Dutch jersey looks like the Orioles BP jersey Elliott made.

I can assure you, his concept wasn't what gave me the idea for that design. But I can see what you guys think.

Day 4: Japan

Hey guys. Today's concept is for one of the best teams in the WBC, Japan. This jersey design was just some random design I made up. I put Japan in Japanese letters on the front, just like what I did with China. I used the Mariners Numbers, and Letters on the back, since it sems like it fits with the set. That's pretty much it.

Japan.png

C&C please. Next will be South Africa, so stay tuned.

That design looks familiar...

STL-Cardinals_uniforms.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...c=43943&hl=

:therock:

Day 7: Venezuela

Hey guys. Sorry I didn't get this up earlier, I didn't have my laptop till now. So I really like the current jerseys, plain with coloured piping. I kept my set the same basicly, though on the home, I changed the sleves a little. I used the Blue Jays font for numbers, because it looks like a similar font to the script. Here.

Venezuela.png

Next, I'd like to do Korea, expect a Korean script.

C&C

The back of the uniform looks too much like the Blue Jay's home uniform, that "V" logo too big, and it would be tough to see the yellow pants piping from any kind of distance.

So far, aside from the Netherlands concept, I really like all of these. Especially the use of Asian characters for the appropriate countries.

Though using GFB's template without his permission isn't cool.

Day 8: Korea(Late)

Sorry, I had to miss yesterday, I was quite busy. Just some random elements thrown into this one. I coloured the collar, like how the current uniform looks like. I added an underarm design, like most teams use now, but I changed it a little. I used Korean characters for this design. The font is also a modified Cubs font.

Korea.png

I'm working on Canada currently.

oh and GFB, I'm real sorry. I meant to add your name in the description of the Japanese jersey, but it slipped my mind. I will redo that one.

Day 8: Korea(Late)

Sorry, I had to miss yesterday, I was quite busy. Just some random elements thrown into this one. I coloured the collar, like how the current uniform looks like. I added an underarm design, like most teams use now, but I changed it a little. I used Korean characters for this design. The font is also a modified Cubs font.

Korea.png

I'm working on Canada currently.

oh and GFB, I'm real sorry. I meant to add your name in the description of the Japanese jersey, but it slipped my mind. I will redo that one.

Haha, don't sweat it. Just make sure it never happens again... ^_^

Archived