Arkansas Travelers Unveil New Look...

Brian in Boston

The Arkansas Travelers of the Double-A Texas League have unveiled a new road uniform and a new alternate cap.

The new traditional Gray road uniform's jersey features "Little Rock" in Red script across the chest. The new alternate caps are Gray with Black visors, and feature a reworked Travelers logo: As opposed to a baseball player, General Robert E. Lee is pictured riding his horse, Traveler, and jumping him through the letter "A".

http://www.travs.com/newsite/www/news/?id=2941

http://travs.com/newsite/www/team/photogal...&limit=6&id=254

Brian in Boston

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awful!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I am awash in a pool of meh. It looks like change for the sake of change, and they still haven't done anything about that piss-poor hat logo.

Thank god the team I always confuse them with, the Asheville Tourists, haven't touched their hat logo...I love that bear.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

that logo is bad...ruins an otherwise great-lookin hat. and the new road, the intentions are good but you don't see the Warriors wearing "Oakland" roads, for instance.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Maybe it's just my shoddy remembering of history right now (spring break will do that to you) but wasn't Traveler white? IMHO, that would make this logo at least a fraction more bearable - well that, and rendering the logo in a style that isn't reminiscent of a bad public access cartoon or something...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Wow. That looks like it was drawn by a five year old.

I've always had a secret little thing for their other logo:

logo%20bigtravelers.jpg

That logo always reminded me of a gas station logo, I have no idea why...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This is getting so wrong on so many levels....

(1) The whole point of the use of "Arkansas Travelers" comes from the traditional country song "Arkansas Traveler", a staple of fiddlers and banjoists everywhere. That song goes back to the mid 1800s, and was a perfect inspiration for the baseball team name, even if the team was first named "Little Rock". The move of the team name to "Arkansas" just made it more appropriate.

By the way the Arkansas Traveler is also the name of the school newspapaer at the Univ. of Arkansas....

(2)To use General Robert E. Lee's horse-- who also just happened to be named "Traveler" -- as a mascot, and to put General Lee on top swinging a bat is just ridiculous. Lee was from Arlington, Virginia, and from what I remember from my history classes had nothing to do with Arkansas in terms of battles or anything else.

To me, it's as if the Nashville Sounds baseball team started using a view of Puget Sound in their logo. Or if the Buffalo Bills put a picture of Bill Clinton or Bill O'Reilly on their helmets....

(3) The idea of putting "Little Rock" on the jersey is also rather dumb. Like Discrimihater said, it'd be like Golden State putting "Oakland" on their jerseys, or staying in the same sport, like the Tampa Bay Devil Rays putting "St. Petersburg" on their jerseys. But at the same time, we do have the Minnesota Twins wearing "TC" caps for "Twin Cities", though they never played under their orignal planned named of "Twin Cities Twins"

(4)The logo is cheesy, and horribly drawn.

It is what it is.

Wow. That looks like it was drawn by a five year old.

I've always had a secret little thing for their other logo:

logo%20bigtravelers.jpg

That logo always reminded me of a gas station logo, I have no idea why...

Probably because it looks like a gas station logo. I've always thought that, too.

And B-Rich, thanks for that history lesson. I never knew that about the Twins. Good thing someone stepped in and put the kibosh on that. Nonetheless, I do like the TC caps and welcome the return of the red one this year.

Yeah, I second the "thanks" to B-Rich for the info.

Something I heard a while back, but hadn't shared: apparently the Florida Marlins were considering calling themselves the "South Florida Marlins" originally. The person who told me this even has an official graphic file of it.

Nice collector's item.

(no, I don't have it!)

Those logos are so poorly drawn. Disgraceful.

I'm 99% sure B-Rich is right about Lee in Arkansas. I'm pretty sure he was in the Virginia and Pennslyvania battles(Gettysburg--made an offensive push up north, keeping a Union Army on his right flank between him and the capitol and therefore keeping that Union Army out of the South), seeing as he was the head of the Army of Virginia.

Traveler was white(maybe gray). They should fix that on the alt cap and make the hat blue or red. Gray or white caps look terrible, IMO. And if you wanted to completely follow history, his collar, buttons, and leg stripe would be yellow. But they shouldn't use Lee at all.

They should fix that on the alt cap and make the hat blue or red. Gray or white caps look terrible, IMO. And if you wanted to completely follow history, his collar, buttons, and leg stripe would be yellow. But they shouldn't use Lee at all.

I'm thinking they should redesign their logos and team identity so they don't suck so hard.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived