NRL/AFL Concepts

Gazzzaf

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Port logo has had mainly positive feedback among Port fans on BigFooty but the primary jumper hasn't. I'll be redoing the primary jumper to include less teal. Will probably have it up by tonight.

sig.png

I didn't feel that the Crows' new logo added anything to the identity, its obviously geared towards children and doesn't really compliment the team identity. They would have done better to update the old logo.

sig.png

The Port logo has had mainly positive feedback among Port fans on BigFooty but the primary jumper hasn't. I'll be redoing the primary jumper to include less teal. Will probably have it up by tonight.

I think Port needs to keep the prison bars in its logo but I wouldn't try to incorporate them into the jumper - they're a nod to the past, but for both practical (AFL/Coll recalcitrence) and other reasons I wouldn't think Port would want to be exactly the same club in this new environment.

Gold Coast Guards

Decided to use the red and yellow squares commonly seen on beach flags as a motif. Eliminated blue as all Gold Coast teams use it already plus the Lions use a similar scheme already. The logo isn't awe inspiring but I couldn't come up with anything at the time, might come back to do it later.

2010_GCG_Header.jpg

2010_GCG_Primary.jpg

2010_GCG_Secondary.jpg

sig.png

Port redo: I like the idea of having the lightning bolt ala Bombers and Tigers, it doesn't seem "sharp" enough though, looks a bit wavey?

Gold Coast: Absolutely awesome concept on paper, espeically the execution of the colours. Not sure how it would look on field though.

for gold coast, i think they may look good in a checked kit. i don't think there is a checked uniform , like croatia, in the AFL, is there? just something to throw out there.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

for gold coast, i think they may look good in a checked kit. i don't think there is a checked uniform , like croatia, in the AFL, is there? just something to throw out there.

I thought about a Croatia style jumper but with the clash rule in the AFL I would have needed to have made the secondary jumper a different colour. I scratched blue off the list already as all of the Gold Coast's teams already use it which would have left me with white. Plus full checkering would be a nightmare with sponsor and logo placement.

Richmond Tigers

2010_Rich_Header.jpg

2010_Rich_Primary.jpg

2010_Rich_Secondary.jpg

sig.png

Souths is a massive improvement on what they wear now.

Gold Coast, I just don't know. Checks? I'm just not used to seeing it

Dockers, I love the little details, like how the Port and Starboard Red & Green are on the collar and shorts.

Parra is a return to a better look.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived