Warren Sapp To Oakland

Waffles

From ESPN.com:

TAMPA, Fla. -- Seven-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Warren Sapp signed a seven-year, $36.6 million contract with the Oakland Raiders on Saturday, ending his nine-year relationship with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"The bad news is I won't be back with the Bucs," Sapp said by telephone from Miami. "The good news is I'm a Raider."

The surprise move came only a day after Sapp's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said the one-time NFL defensive player of the year was close to signing a four-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Sapp will receive a $7 million signing bonus. He earned $6.6 million last year in the final season of a six-year, $36 million contract he signed in 1998.

Earlier this month, the 31-year-old tackle said he was optimistic about the prospect of re-signing with the Bucs. But that changed when his old team failed to make him an offer during the first week of the free agency period.

Sapp joined the Bucs as first-round draft pick out of Miami in 1995 and -- along with linebacker Derrick Brooks and safety John Lynch -- helped transform the Bucs from a laughingstock into Super Bowl champions.

Lynch was released last week after 11 seasons with Tampa Bay, a move that cleared about $4 million under the NFL salary cap.

Sapp leaves the only pro team he has played for two sacks shy of the franchise record of 78½ held by Hall of Famer Lee Roy Selmon.

I think Jon Gruden is haoppy to have wn the Super Bowl but now wants to make the team in his own image, I dont think Sapp is half the player he used to be and this is a good move by the Bucs.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Somehow Sapp and the Raiders seem a perfect match...

Quote from "Forrest Gump"... "Stupid is as Stupid does".... :therock:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Guest Guest

this always happens with the bengals yesterday they said that they were pretty close to a deal with him. They build up your hopes and then dash your dreams.

examples: 1988 super bowl, losing season after losing season, last year they were in the playoff hunt for the first time in more than a decade and they lose to the browns.

This just adds to my hatred of the Raiders, I hate them

I think this is a sweet move for the Raiders!

I'm excited!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Mac, you should be happy the Bungles didn't get Sapp. He's past his prime, and not worth near what he makes.

The Raiders have always been famous in the past for resurrecting forget stars, finding youth where others thought there was none, and thriving on other teams cast offs.

This, is not one of those decisions. Sometimes the Raiders are a place where has beens go to whither and pass into memory. Good Riddance Sapp. What a jag.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived