Bohob's MLB Redesign Project

bohob

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bohob, I hate to seem like I'm giving contradictory feedback, but after seeing the new White Sox set without the diamonds I really have to say that I think it looked better before. It still looks very good, but those small diamonds gave it an extra stylistic "oomph." I really think that if you had just aligned the diamond on the S with the center axis that the O and X were aligned with, that would have been perfect.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

#29 KANSAS CITY ROYALS

A lot of changes here. I really wanted to make this set more regal. First off, the primary feature a lion head and shield with a bevel on the type. The secondary is a modified version of the current KC logo. The tertiary is the crown, and it appears on the Sunday Alt cap. With the colors, I wanted a blue with a lot of purple in it, very ultramarine. The lighter blue is cerulean to complement it and add depth. The gold is in two shades: full gold on the Sunday alt. and text of the road alt. and a 50% gold as a sand-like color. Let me know what you think. C&C please.

royals_id.jpg

royals_home.jpg

royals_away.jpg

royals_bp.jpg

i especially like the colors you added to add depth to the wordmark and cap logo. they make the set really pop out. i also like the lions on the sleeves of the sunday alt. they blend in perfectly. the number style fits perfectly, as well.

All of your designs have been exceptional so far, which makes me anxious to see what you have in store for the twins.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

It's nice, really nice. The primary logo has a bit too much going on I think, it's got pretty (well rendered at that) detailed lion wearing a crown with 1969 and two wordmark treatments all inside a crest with another crown on the top. The lion is rendered so nicely I think you could use it as a standalone logo (perhaps a sleeve patch), it's a shame that the only time you see it is in a semi-cluttered primary logo that's not even used in the uniforms. I don't really like the away uniform color, seems urine-esque but I know there's no arguing with you at that point :P

Great job though, as always

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

the concept is awesome.

the only thing that gives me a little trouble is the (NO Hornets colors) i think it works well in someplaces (the logos and batting practice uni)

-maybe the its just the numbers from the alt away uni and the outlines that makes the gold a little difficult (with the pants)

Royals look very nice. Good colors, good wordmarks, and the new crown looks fantastic, especially on the cap. The lion is nice, but I really don't think you need it. Honestly, it makes it look a bit more like a logo for a minor league club, where they are determined to get an animal of some kind in there. I think the KC and the crown are strong enough on their own.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I dig both the ChiSox and Royals sets. Nothing really bothers me about either set. Great job. I just wanted to say I really dig the pinstripes on the ChiSox's black jersey. Seriously awesome.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Update looks worlds better. One thing I didn't notice before though, the blue almost looks purple. Is that on purpose?

Yes, it is because I talked it over with a few people and the most regal solution would be to make the blue more towards what actual king wore. Something more purple. By the way, you've been a reliable source of good feedback for a while now.

I dig both the ChiSox and Royals sets. Nothing really bothers me about either set. Great job. I just wanted to say I really dig the pinstripes on the ChiSox's black jersey. Seriously awesome.

Thank you. I know we have disagreed at times, but I respect your input.

Why not powder? Also the Tribe look good, but IMO you should've used the CI logo as the cap logo.

I thought about powder, but in the end, I didn't want the concept to be too close to my Brewers concept. Also, I capitulated some light blue in the BP to compensate.

Archived