who was the pitcher

goalieboy82

who was the pitcher who gave the "finger" at yankee stadium. i remember seeing something about that one time.

According to this, Jack McDowell did it once.

/Google is a wonderful thing...easy to use, too.

Passive Aggression is also a wonderful thing...easy to use, too. If you're going to be a dick, at least have the nards to put in visible color.

It's not your bandwidth and you're not a moderator.

PvO6ZWJ.png

who was the pitcher who gave the "finger" at yankee stadium. i remember seeing something about that one time.

Passive Aggression is also a wonderful thing...easy to use, too. If you're going to be a dick, at least have the nards to put in visible color.

It was under-the-breath snarkiness, not passive aggression. And apparently the color was visible.

At any rate, he could've Googled the answer in less time than it took to start a thread. I did.

people ask questions here all the time that they could have found the answer on Wikipedia or Google. There really is nothing wrong with it because maybe other people wanted to know the answer too.

And it could also turn into an informative topic about said subject... plus now that the forums are public we then add to the google index on this subject.

Circle of google life

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It was under-the-breath snarkiness, not passive aggression. And apparently the color was visible.

At any rate, he could've Googled the answer in less time than it took to start a thread. I did.

What were your search terms?

1995 Yankees were struggling mid season McDowell was turning into a bust, and got booed after a bad outing and as he left the mound after being pulled in the 5th flipped the fans off.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

A. using under-the-breath snarkiness IS a passive-aggressive trait.

B. I realize he could've googled the answer in less time than it took to start the thread, but why do you care, and where do you get that it is your responsibility to tell him? You're not a moderator and Mr. Creamer's okay with it. If you want to be grouchy that's fine, but you don't have to read every thread and you certainly don't have to post under-handed negative comments on every single thread.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I love it. People who aren't moderators feeling that it's their responsibility to attack someone for feeling it's his responsibility to attack someone when he's not a moderator.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And here I was thinking this would be about the time Randy Johnson blew up that dove or whatever it was with a fastball.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It took me my 5th try on Google to find an article on the matter without typing in the name of the pitcher.

Keyword search: yankee pitcher flipping middle finger

Article: http://www.baseballlibrary.com/ballplayers...k_McDowell_1966

First try: pitcher flips bird yankee stadium

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...06982/index.htm

...sixth link down on the first page.

It took me my 5th try on Google to find an article on the matter without typing in the name of the pitcher.

Keyword search: yankee pitcher flipping middle finger

Article: http://www.baseballlibrary.com/ballplayers...k_McDowell_1966

First try: pitcher flips bird yankee stadium

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...06982/index.htm

...sixth link down on the first page.

Interesting, with those keywords, didn't know Kerry Wood gave a double-barrel salute.

2nd link down: http://homerderby.com/archives/2311

Archived