Colorado Rockies Double Crossover: UPDATED

joshhockey

I had this idea about a month ago and thought it would awesome to see what I could do with it. This project has been in the works on and off for about a month and I'm really happy with the outcome. I made a few slight modifications to the logos. Enjoy. :D

I'll start with the Rockies (MLB) as an NHL team.

Logo: Made the the baseball a puck.

rockiesupdatedhockeylogo.png

Home: Somewhat classic meets Edge-y.

Rockieshockeyhome.png

Road: Same as home.

Rockieshockeyroad.png

Alternate: Really like this one. Think Kings should have a purple jersey.

Rockieshockeyalt.png

g4104.png

Now on to the Rockies (NHL) as an MLB team.

Logo: Just an outline change.

rockiesupdatedbaseballlogo.png

Home: Pretty classic look with the pinstripes.

rockiesbaseballhome.png

Road: Same basic design sans the pinstripes.

rockiesbaseballroad.png

Home Alternat: Really like the hat and vest.

rockiesbaseballhomealt.png

Away Alternate: Wanted a blue jersey.

rockiesbaseballroadalt.png

So that's it. I enjoyed this project a lot and put lots of time into it. C&C greatly appreciated. ^_^

g4104.png

Never realized how well that Rockies logo (the current MLB one) could translate to hockey. Instead of making the puck just a black circle, i'd add a little more detail to it. Right now it sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe on a bit of a 3D angle, like the puck in the Avalanche logo.

This is my first post and I am not a designer or artist let alone have any artistic talent. I've been reading these forums for this past week while I was on spring break and am quite fascinated with what you guys do. That being said I do have a c+c (comments and complaint?). I love the baseball uniforms. I'm not sure the red under socks would show well in real life. A yellow undersock might look better ala the Oakland A's. Otherwise, nice job.

Never realized how well that Rockies logo (the current MLB one) could translate to hockey. Instead of making the puck just a black circle, i'd add a little more detail to it. Right now it sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe on a bit of a 3D angle, like the puck in the Avalanche logo.

I'm working on that. I edited the logo on Paint.NET and right now I'm trying to clean it up using Inkscape but I'm not doing very well. :P

This is my first post and I am not a designer or artist let alone have any artistic talent. I've been reading these forums for this past week while I was on spring break and am quite fascinated with what you guys do. That being said I do have a c+c (comments and complaint?). I love the baseball uniforms. I'm not sure the red under socks would show well in real life. A yellow undersock might look better ala the Oakland A's. Otherwise, nice job.

C&C = Comments & Critisism. I'll take a look at what you've suggested and see how it looks.

g4104.png

Pretty interesting idea. Could be better executed, but I get the idea. I actually think these logos/identities work for the sports you used them for better than they work for the sports they are intended for. That home alternate hat would look great on some team. Maybe we can convince the Rockies of baseball to take this identity and use it. It is a definite upgrade over the Black/Silver/Purple. I think the wordmarks and numbers are a little clunky, but other than that it looks good. I also agree with kinznk, the Red under-socks are a no-no.

I've got some updates for you. Instead of posting pictures I'll go with links.

Rockies MLB to NHL:

Updated primary (made puck 3D)

Home with updated logo

Road with updated logo

Alternate (no changes)

Rockies NHL to MLB:

Updated logo

For the uniforms I changed to an all blue sock and added updated logo as sleeve patch and made a new hat logo.

Home Ok this one is kind of out there. It's inspired by the Hornets multi-coloured pinstripes. I tried to do it with baseball.

Road

Home alternate

Road alternate

More C&C please. I really want to make this as good as it can be. :D

g4104.png

Nice update. The baseball jersey is pretty crazy, but I kinda like. I'm not entirely sure how it would look in action though. For the Rockies primary, your "3D puck" looks more like you just added a single curve to it, I think you could make it much better.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

MLB Rockies as an NHL team actually works very well. I like those sweaters. NHL Rockies as an MLB team 2nd version is an improvement over the first as far as logo goes. I'm not a fan of the multi-colored pinstripes. But the Roads are spot-on and the alternates work well as well. I like the gold stripe on the home alt cap.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Looks good. I love the hockey set. Looks like the Kings, but that is ok. Nice job there. As for the baseball set, it's good, well exicuted, but I don't like the colors. They look too light or something, I can't really put a finger on it. I like the updates though. I really like the the baseball in the updated loog too. Keep at it, its looking great!

For the baseball one, when you make the white stripe in the center gold it completey takes away from the focal point of the logo. The C with the stripe is meant to replicate the Colorado state flag which looks like this. I'd stick with the white as the stripe just to be more accurate. I love the multi-colored pin-stripes though, great idea.

jNTsTyQ.png

Nice update. The baseball jersey is pretty crazy, but I kinda like. I'm not entirely sure how it would look in action though. For the Rockies primary, your "3D puck" looks more like you just added a single curve to it, I think you could make it much better.

How could I make it more 3D looking?

g4104.png

Archived