NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn Carolina. 'Eff Chuck Kobasew, too for screwing up a potential game-winner by passing it behind him instead of taking a backhand from the slot when he had two teammates crashing the net.

It was a great 2008-09 season for the Boston Bruins. I really enjoyed it. Tonight sucked, but whatever. Was a good season nonetheless. Good luck, Carolina. Beat Pitt and win it for the East.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wait, was that the HNiC theme I heard as the TSN feed went out? AWESOME.

Yep. CTV, who owns TSN, bought the rights to the old HNiC theme after CBC dropped it. Now TSN uses it as their generic all purpose NHL music.

Personally I think it all ended ok. The new HNiC theme is nice, and the traditional one is still in use, albeit in a different capacity.

Last time we saw a CHI/DET WCF the Wings went on to get swept in The Finals... I could live with that.

-Dan

Man are you ever annoying -- seriously... Must we be reminded of your hatred for the Red Wings *every*time*you*post*? We know you hate them, we know you're from Michigan, what do you want us to do before you'll be satisfied with our knowledge of that?

Not to be a di*k but whats the big deal?

All season long we read the back and forth between Senator and Leaf fans or the who is better Crosby or Ovechkin and this you have a problem with?

-Dan

He (Dan) has a point there.

Classy fans in Boston clapping all the way through the handshake. I don't know if I remember seeing that before.

Kinda disappointed that they didn't go through, would have loved to see them play Pittsburgh... and make it to the finals for an original 6 battle.

Washington's fans were awesome. They started up a "Let's Go Caps" chant with about 2 minutes left and gave the Caps a standing ovation until the Caps left the ice.

I was reading the 13 levels of losing the other day....MORE than a couple Bruins' losses were on that list, plus the other day I watched the "too many men on the ice" game from the 70s when they lost to the Canadiens. Must be rough to be Bruins' fan since their last Cup. :P

'guess this is what it's like. what an awful day all around. I'm lost for words right now, proud, pissed, excited to do it all over again. Incredible season, and guess what, it only gets better from here. Had to be the stupid dickhead that scored, didn't it? :grin: *sigh*

Oh, and go Wings! I dunno why everyone hates them so much. Incredible team and they are always pretty much the class of the league when it comes to playoffs. I hope they win so you will all shut up. :P The hard part, though is rooting for someone in the ECF. I say we skip it and have a Hawks/Wings final, that would be unbeatable.

Hooray! Now I don't have to root for Boston as the lesser of all evils.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If I were a Bruins fan, I would have called the season a success as soon as they beat the Canadiens in round 1. Anything after that was just gravy.

Considering I'm lurking on hfboards right now and the Habs fans are basically letting out a combined "YOUPPI!!!" at the Bruins' misfortune, yeah, I'd just take the sweep over the Canadiens and be happy. :P

Oh, and go Wings! I dunno why everyone hates them so much.

I'm a Leafs fan. Comes with the territory. Same reason I hate the Habs, Sens, and Sabres.

As for fans of the rest of the league? It's the Yankees affect. The Wings are dominant, and everyone wants to see them go down.

They still suck though. Them and the Yankees :P

If I were a Bruins fan, I would have called the season a success as soon as they beat the Canadiens in round 1. Anything after that was just gravy.

Considering I'm lurking on hfboards right now and the Habs fans are basically letting out a combined "YOUPPI!!!" at the Bruins' misfortune, yeah, I'd just take the sweep over the Canadiens and be happy. :P

The B's have had just a dominating regular seasons before, and they've lost to equally bad Habs teams in the playoffs before. Add that to their overall record against the Habs in the playoffs (I think it's around 4-22, series wise), and their win in round one this year is really something to be celebrated. Before they can win the Cup they had to prove they can beat the Canadiens when it mattered. Now they've done that and the monkey is off their back, for five years or so :P

It's sort of like this past NFL season with the Chargers. Yeah, they got blown out in the playoffs. Everything else before that though meant that I ended the season a satisfied fan.

Not to sound like willmorris here, but getting out of the first round is not a success for a team of this caliber. The Canes were very underrated and they played their assess off, but anything short of a cup for this city is a failure. And for all of you Boston haters, don't give me the classic talk about the success of other teams from the area lately, I don't want to hear it, it's stale. For true fans of the Bruins heartache was always the next exit off the highway, I was hoping this year would be different, but it can't always go your way. Right now I just want to express my gratitude to the guys who suited up this year in for the black and gold, you played one helluva season, thank you. Good job to the Hurricanes for playing a great series and taking the chances given, good luck.

With that said, I'll be rooting for the Penguins for the remainder of these playoffs, as I did last year. Go get it!

Aww, come on. There's still a few seats left on the Blackhawks bandwagon, and I've got one saved for you. Hey, divisional pride, right? No one back home has to know.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hell no, I can handle SoSH at this point, but HFBoards would make me want to kill myself. :P

Oh, and go Wings! I dunno why everyone hates them so much.

I'm a Leafs fan. Comes with the territory. Same reason I hate the Habs, Sens, and Sabres.

As for fans of the rest of the league? It's the Yankees affect. The Wings are dominant, and everyone wants to see them go down.

They still suck though. Them and the Yankees :P

Well maybe that hatred will come with time, but the only pure evil in the NHL is based in some French Canadian s**thole. THEY are the NHL Yankees. :D

And maybe you can call this season a success, but with a record like that you have got to hope for more. The Habs series was a step, but come on, the Hurricanes? They just died during games 2-4 and could not get shots when they needed to in OT (I'm looking at you, Chucky). And that goal, I don't want to talk about it.

But hey, right now I'm half-heartedly listening to "I Love College" over and over again, and just chanting "Tuukka Rask! Tuukka Rask!" in the background. Just want to forget about this.

Pens/Canes ECF... Could the Staal brothers drinking game finally claim a life?

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Aww, come on. There's still a few seats left on the Blackhawks bandwagon, and I've got one saved for you. Hey, divisional pride, right? No one back home has to know.

Well, a replay of '92 might be entertaining.

(I'm more worried about not drinking the "Yay! Mike Hohensee's the coach of the Peoria Pirates!" Kool-Ade at the moment.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm half-heartedly listening to "I Love College" over and over again

So this post is your suicide note, is what you're saying.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived