Super Bowl in London By 2014?

I have watched every Super Bowl since 1968. If this happens I will NEVER watch, or attend another NFL game. <_<

I think the NFL will survive.

You know, it seems like some people cant have an opinion here without someone making a smart assed comment.

How many Super Bowls have you attended?. I have been to seven and spent thousands of dollars in doing so. Yeah the NFL will survive. I would rather watch the CFL anyway.

That wasn't a "smart assed" comment. The NFL isn't worried about what one fan will think or do. I've always hated when people say "I will never..." when they hear something they don't like.

This doesn't change the fundamental fabric of the NFL or the sport. It would be a one-off event and probably not happen again.

Honestly, I kind of find that statement to be pointless.

(Then again, isn't arguing on a message board pointless? Meh, whatever.)

Well, I found it to be a smart assed remark, as if the countless amount of money Ive spent on NFL games, Super bowls and whatever, mean nothing. The NFL SHOULD be worried about their fans, because they are paying customers, And I have not watched on tv or been to a MLB game since 1996. So you can hate "I will never" . I stick to my guns,on these issues. I didnt start an argument. I stated my point, and it was valid.

Well...the MLB is doing quite well financially in your absence...so I sense the NFL will do the same.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have watched every Super Bowl since 1968. If this happens I will NEVER watch, or attend another NFL game. <_<

You know, it seems like some people cant have an opinion here without someone making a smart assed comment.

How many Super Bowls have you attended?. I have been to seven and spent thousands of dollars in doing so. Yeah the NFL will survive. I would rather watch the CFL anyway.

That wasn't a "smart assed" comment. The NFL isn't worried about what one fan will think or do. I've always hated when people say "I will never..." when they hear something they don't like.

This doesn't change the fundamental fabric of the NFL or the sport. It would be a one-off event and probably not happen again.

Well, I found it to be a smart assed remark, as if the countless amount of money Ive spent on NFL games, Super bowls and whatever, mean nothing. The NFL SHOULD be worried about their fans, because they are paying customers, And I have not watched on tv or been to a MLB game since 1996. So you can hate "I will never" . I stick to my guns,on these issues. I didnt start an argument. I stated my point, and it was valid.

As long you actually back up to your threat, then I applaud you.

BJ Sands, and quite frankly I as well, don't quite think there enough of people like you that would do the same thing. I think having a Super Bowl in London would be a great experiment to see how "invincible" the NFL is. What you have spent on the NFL in the past means nothing now. It's how much you're willing to spend in the future that's going to be important.

I saw, I came, I left.

Well...the MLB is doing quite well financially in your absence...so I sense the NFL will do the same.

You must be selling popcorn at these games.

You must be selling popcorn at these games.

Wow...accused of being on somebody's payroll twice in one night.

I wish. Seriously. I wish I was on somebody's payroll.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You never explained why you hate this idea so much. What is so bad about it that you'd throw your lifelong fandom away?

(Please don't give me the "American football is for America" spiel. There are plenty of other reasons to be against this.)

As long you actually back up to your threat, then I applaud you.

BJ Sands, and quite frankly I as well, don't quite think there enough of people like you that would do the same thing. I think having a Super Bowl in London would be a great experiment to see how "invincible" the NFL is. What you have spent on the NFL in the past means nothing now. It's how much you're willing to spend in the future that's going to be important.

Cant afford the NFL games any more. Im not trying to be a jerk but you are missing my point. Pro sports are not taking fans into consideration. I heard a top ticket price for a Yankee game is 2500 bucks. Mets 850. I would consider going to an MLB game and following standings stats etc. if we didnt have to deal with the A ROD and Manny deal. Just because I dont attend MLB games I still get a laugh out of this kind of news.What the hell...lets move the Stanley Cup finals to Russia.

I also think that the NFL realizes that the aftermarket for tickets would be cut down if you had to plan to travel internationally. it will be harder to StubHub, eBay, or craigslist if you have to hold a passport and get your ticket under 14 days of travel and it will be hard to get a charter to anyhere in Europe or Asia in two weeks In reality, the season ticket holders to most teams don't have the cash to go to the Super Bowl after seeing one or two home playoffs games, then travel within another two week period.

The NFL had Ticketmaster run the official "TicketExchange" site for SBXLIII, and various teams have set-up's with StubHub, they don't care about trying to stop that kinda stuff anymore because they are getting their cut.

True, the NFL already made their original ticket value, but that does not mean that they should not try to lower the secondary market. Having the game overseas helps that.

Personally, they should hav teh game overseas every 3 years and place it into the CBA.

England:London (Wembely/Twickenham)

Australia: Melbourne (MCG)/Sydney (aka ANZ Stadium)

Germany: Dortmudt is the largest, but other German cities have roofed stadiums

China: Beijing's Bird Nest, if it is not mothballed, but they have other modern stadia too.

Those three seem to be the largest markets while there are lageer venues in other nations. Roger also needs to be mindful of where our allies are. And there was a "China Bowl" already pushed backed from the 2008 Beijing Games and the economic downturn as well.

You never explained why you hate this idea so much. What is so bad about it that you'd throw your lifelong fandom away?

(Please don't give me the "American football is for America" spiel. There are plenty of other reasons to be against this.)

Honestly, becaue I feel taking away the game from a US city hosting the event would be wrong. The game generates alot of money Lodging. Dining ETC ETC ETC. But the NFL is World wide and after seeing the various opinions here Ive changed MY opinion and it isnt such a bad idea. thank you for opening my eyes and you have to understand im an old fart that has a hard time with change. in fact Im going to watch a MLB game for the first time in 13 years. Dont know what game or when,but i will. sorry if I offended any one here B)

It may be wrong, and I dont like it, but talk about being dramatic. You do what you want but it will take a lot more for me to give up on this amazing league. Even if the Jags (my true love) were to leave town I will still watch the NFL. They would have to kill my mother for me to stop watching. If you are going to let something so small make you stop watching then do not say you are an NFL fan. I got news for you, you aren't. One year wont hurt anything.

It may be wrong, and I dont like it, but talk about being dramatic. You do what you want but it will take a lot more for me to give up on this amazing league. Even if the Jags (my true love) were to leave town I will still watch the NFL. They would have to kill my mother for me to stop watching. If you are going to let something so small make you stop watching then do not say you are an NFL fan. I got news for you, you aren't. One year wont hurt anything.

This is what kills me. DID YOU READ MY POST. READ IT AGAIN AT THE END. There is no drama. I made an apology, Changed my opinion and opened my mind to new ideas. AND Island style, you HAVE NO CLUE what type of Football fan I am.So Read BEFORE YOU BASH.

This is what kills me. DID YOU READ MY POST. READ IT AGAIN AT THE END. There is no drama. I made an apology, Changed my opinion and opened my mind to new ideas. AND Island style, you HAVE NO CLUE what type of Football fan I am.So Read BEFORE YOU BASH.

I did see the apology late. It was before I started my original post. (I left the screen up for awhile. WoW, you see.) However, before that you left a pretty big clue. The NFL has every right to try to expand international. It isn't like they were moving it to London full time. If you were going to give up on the league over one game then I have every right to question your loyalty. It seems you have changed your opinion.

Personally, they should hav teh game overseas every 3 years and place it into the CBA.

England:London (Wembely/Twickenham)

Australia: Melbourne (MCG)/Sydney (aka ANZ Stadium)

Germany: Dortmudt is the largest, but other German cities have roofed stadiums

China: Beijing's Bird Nest, if it is not mothballed, but they have other modern stadia too.

Those three seem to be the largest markets while there are lageer venues in other nations. Roger also needs to be mindful of where our allies are. And there was a "China Bowl" already pushed backed from the 2008 Beijing Games and the economic downturn as well.

I would say that Twickenham as a Superbowl host is very unlikely. Mainly because the Six Nations is beginning at Superbowl time, and given that Wembley is already an NFL venue, it seems unnecesary. I think that the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff would be an intriguing venue, but for similar reasons to Twickers, very unlikely.

And Barcelona's Nou Camp and Madrid's Bernabeu Stadium could be on that list.

Personally I think its worth an overseas Superbowl as a novelty, though I don't think its the best idea really.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well, if not the Super Bowl, then at least one other game might be played in London in 2010.

NFL CONTINUES ITS GLOBAL TAKEOVER.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If the NFL can make money doing two regular season games in London for a few years, a London Super Bowl would seem to be a natural extension of that program's success.

I'm more interested in learning why the NFL doesn't do a regular season game in Mexico each year. Given the success of their last game played there four years ago, you'd think the league would make sure to have a California/Southwest team play a 'home game' at Estadio Azteca each year. It would further the league's global expansion by serving as a showpiece event in a Spanish-speaking country, which can go a long way toward improving the sport's popularity in Mexico and in Latin America.

oakqb4.jpg

If the NFL can make money doing two regular season games in London for a few years, a London Super Bowl would seem to be a natural extension of that program's success.

I'm more interested in learning why the NFL doesn't do a regular season game in Mexico each year. Given the success of their last game played there four years ago, you'd think the league would make sure to have a California/Southwest team play a 'home game' at Estadio Azteca each year. It would further the league's global expansion by serving as a showpiece event in a Spanish-speaking country, which can go a long way toward improving the sport's popularity in Mexico and in Latin America.

One word:

Security.

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, if not the Super Bowl, then at least one other game might be played in London in 2010.

NFL CONTINUES ITS GLOBAL TAKEOVER.

Maybe this is a sop to say sorry for not getting a Superbowl yet? Pretty cool though for us US Sports fans in the UK. It would be quite cool to play one of the NFL games in teh UK maybe at Old Trafford or somewhere else away from London maybe?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

. Oh, and put a dome on their stadium.

We've got one in Wales - can we bid instead ?

In your face London! :D

I also reckon that field is better suited for NFL football than Wembley.

Heck, considering that they had to replace the Wembley pitch after Arsene Wenger bitched about it following the FA Cup semis, Millennium's might be better suited for that form of football too.

Surprise, surprise.

Up The Spurs.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

One word:

Security.

Swine Flu :D

1zqy8ok.gif

One word:

Security.

Swine Flu :D

That's two words. :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived